Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few questions about the "Edge" from Harris Speed Works.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Few questions about the "Edge" from Harris Speed Works.

I have C5 vette that I want to put my NX wet kit in. I have a few questions.

Here is a link to what I'm referring to
http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...9&cat=0&page=1

I need a window switch, and a TPS. After researching I found that this thing also monitors A\F and will kill the Nitrous if outside of it's parmaters. This would be great if it works!! Has anyone had any experience with this?

Does anyone have any pics of where to mount this thing? Do I keep it in the engine bay? If it needs to be inside the car, I need some opinions on where to put it. I thought about the center compartment between the seats, but not sure if it's deep enough to fit. Thanks guys
Old 05-31-2006, 05:25 PM
FormerVendor

ws6sojuiced01 did a real nice install with his:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/gall...s.php?album=21

A lot of guys mount them in their glove box, so it's easy to access to load different programs and such. If you want PM me with your email address and I'll email you a copy of the user manual. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 06-01-2006, 08:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
ws6sojuiced01 did a real nice install with his:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/gall...s.php?album=21

A lot of guys mount them in their glove box, so it's easy to access to load different programs and such. If you want PM me with your email address and I'll email you a copy of the user manual. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Matt
Does it use the O2 sensor to monitor the A\F, and will it kill the nitrous if outside the set parameters? Thanks
Old 06-01-2006, 08:39 AM
FormerVendor

It can, or it can use the output of a wideband controller. Correct, that's what this feature does.

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by corvettelover
Does it use the O2 sensor to monitor the A\F, and will it kill the nitrous if outside the set parameters? Thanks
Old 06-01-2006, 11:25 AM
11 Second Club

it works and works well. will be installing it in my ride after seein it in action on a friend's car.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by TNTramair
it works and works well. will be installing it in my ride after seein it in action on a friend's car.

Thanks! I called HSW but keep getting voicemail, so I sent them a PM. I have a question, so maybe you can help me.

All I need to do is tap this thing into the factory 02 sensor\'s and it will read the A\F? So all I need to do is set the parmatersin the unit and if it census the A\F outside the parmaters it will turn the nitorus off?

Do I still need to run a FPSS? Or can this take the place of it?

I'm going to take the car to the shop to have the nitrous installed, so I'm sure they will know how it works. I just want to make sure I need nothing else. I know I need a window switch, and TPS, and want something to shut down the nitrous if it should lean out. This thing is $300 bucks and I want to make sure I'm not wasting my money. I don't want to use gauges in the pillar, I want something I can hide, and control everything. Thanks
Old 06-01-2006, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks! I called HSW but keep getting voicemail, so I sent them a PM. I have a question, so maybe you can help me.

All I need to do is tap this thing into the factory 02 sensor\'s and it will read the A\F? So all I need to do is set the parmatersin the unit and if it census the A\F outside the parmaters it will turn the nitorus off?

I'm going to take the car to the shop to have the nitrous installed, so I'm sure they will know how it works. I just want to make sure I need nothing else. I know I need a window switch, and TPS, and want something to shut down the nitrous if it should lean out. This thing is $300 bucks and I want to make sure I'm not wasting my money. I don't want to use gauges in the pillar, I want something I can hide, and control everything. Thanks
i know they have been haveing phone problems so give em a chance. he did say he called ya back and left you a amessage so im sure he'll get ya squired away soon...goodluck.

Last edited by TNTramair; 06-01-2006 at 03:43 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:54 PM
11 Second Club

The Edge is a pretty wild little unit youl love it. and yes it goes right into you o2 wire. And also it will control a timing tuner so you can take timing out i love that part. Hopfuly i can post up some track times tomorrow to show how it helps.

Old 06-01-2006, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

Let me make sure I have this right, the edge can do all this?

WOT Switch
Window Switch
Moniters A/f Ratio from the stock 02's and shuts it down if going to lean/rich
progressive controller

and more?

Chad
Old 06-01-2006, 06:56 PM
11 Second Club

yes and more it also loads 3 programs.Like mine i have one for a 100, 150 and 200shot.

Originally Posted by losiguy
Let me make sure I have this right, the edge can do all this?

WOT Switch
Window Switch
Moniters A/f Ratio from the stock 02's and shuts it down if going to lean/rich
progressive controller

and more?

Chad
Old 06-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I'm interested in "The Edge" as well. I looked at the manual and was wondering a couple of more things. 1.) It can monitor your oil pressure via a transducer. Can you use your factory oil pressure sendor to do this with......Also, the Edge can monitor your fuel pressure as well. So, again, can it do it with your Autometer fuel pressure sender? 2.) I noticed it can activate a timing retard box through a switched output to ground. What timing retard box does HSW recommend or can it be wired back into the f-body pcm and flash the pcm to retard the timing when it sees the input????????????
Old 06-01-2006, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

Them are some questions the Matt will hook you up on but as the timing thing goes i use the timing tuner.

Originally Posted by nitenshinarmor
Yeah, I'm interested in "The Edge" as well. I looked at the manual and was wondering a couple of more things. 1.) It can monitor your oil pressure via a transducer. Can you use your factory oil pressure sendor to do this with......Also, the Edge can monitor your fuel pressure as well. So, again, can it do it with your Autometer fuel pressure sender? 2.) I noticed it can activate a timing retard box through a switched output to ground. What timing retard box does HSW recommend or can it be wired back into the f-body pcm and flash the pcm to retard the timing when it sees the input????????????
Old 06-02-2006, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

the edge is a great unit and contends with the top controllers on the market and operates without the inconveinence of a laptop