Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question after MSD Digital Window Switch Install?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Question after MSD Digital Window Switch Install?

Okay, got the switch wired up, noticed after I turn on my switch to activate my Zex Nitrous Control box, my rpm's jump up about 200, also the instructions say that the one cylinder setting is for the LS1's or 99 up Cobra's, well that did not work for me, I tryed all the settings and the number four cyclinder setting seems to be the one I want, ZEX came on and off at the settings I programmed. When switch is not on the on position, car Idles at the normal 900 to 1000. Did not find any writeups on this in the archives, hoping to get a good thread started here, for all future questions on this Window Switch. Thanx for input.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Wink

Anyone, I got some custom instructions from MSD, these ones have you running a relay. Well I got the Idle problem to go away, but the with this install from MSD, I can't get the Window switch to turn the Zex off and on at the set RPM. Anyone had this problem with this install?
Old 06-07-2006, 11:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZoFastSS
Okay, got the switch wired up, noticed after I turn on my switch to activate my Zex Nitrous Control box, my rpm's jump up about 200, also the instructions say that the one cylinder setting is for the LS1's or 99 up Cobra's, well that did not work for me, I tryed all the settings and the number four cyclinder setting seems to be the one I want, ZEX came on and off at the settings I programmed. When switch is not on the on position, car Idles at the normal 900 to 1000. Did not find any writeups on this in the archives, hoping to get a good thread started here, for all future questions on this Window Switch. Thanx for input.
4 cyl mode is correct. If it's wired correctly you could have a small leak in the fuel solenoid passing some gas to the nozzle...pull the nozzle out and see if you get a little squirt or dribble after repeating the sequence that causes the higher idle? Not really sure.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wink

Is the Nos line connected? This could be causing your problem.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

Nos line is not connected. I have wired the unit the second time to go threw the safety relay, like MSD told me to. But with this install I have no power over my zex system.
Old 06-08-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZoFastSS

Check out this thread. This is how I wired mine up.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=zex+wiring

Good luck!
Old 06-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Mine works fine. I have mine set to 1 cylinder like it says. I have the wire form the window swich connected straight to the 2nd wire from the hot wire on the coil and it reads dead on the head.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wink

What colored wire are you talking about that you mounted on the coil. Is it the yellow or grey wire, and what cyclinder for the coil pack location?