Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nos?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 10:19 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitrous?

SO after reading the mods in my sig I am at a dilema on what to do next.... I am debating on maybe possible getting a small dry kit on my car to get that extra power when I need but retain my dd abilities. My question to you guys is, is the nos gonan be as effective without headers or does that not matter as much. Also what kit would be best about a 100-125 dry kit?

Last edited by 96z28camaro; 06-07-2006 at 11:05 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:01 AM
TECH Resident

People on this board do not like the term "Nos", they prefer no2 or nitrous. "Nawws" comes off ricey to a lot of people. This could be why you haven't gotten a response yet...Anyways, I'm sure the nitrous will work just fine w/o headers, however, i would definetly recommend for you to get some long tube headers as they are pretty much the best bolt-on you can get.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

So i changed the title maybe it will get a few more hits now....anyways i do want to get some headers and lts would be great I am just worried about having to deal with getting it to pass inspection. I don't want to hassle around with that which is why I am hesitant to get headers.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Resident

Well, I had the same concern before I decided to do mine, so instead of coming to a conclusion, I went and got the car inspected and the next day had a set of pacesetters put on, now I have a whole year to worry about inspection
Old 06-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Staging Lane

lol yah thats what I thought about doing...I have just had so much trouble with this car getting that damn ses light to stay off as i ran thru a couple sets of cats trying to keep it legal and now I am about to jsut say screw it but I finally got a good set of cats that aren't screwing it up and they are keeping that ses light off so I just hate to throw some lts on there and then have to fit that whole inspection thing again. I guess I could always just switch the old manifolds back on for the day to go get the sticker then throw the lts back on if all else fails.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:35 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran the NOS 5177 kit when my only mods where a lid and a catback. It was a major improvement with all of the stock driveability and emissions. Rans a 12.15 like that. Do you have an automatic. If so I would do the torque converter first. I did the nitrous first and wish i had gone the other way. long tubes are nice but nitrous and torque converters are a better bang for the buck and dont effect emissions. I would not run nitrous with a hypercrap tune(tends to be lean with extra timing added)
Old 06-07-2006, 11:40 AM
Staging Lane

Yes i have an automatic.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 10.xx Z06 and no headers, and running a dry hit. Nice addition (headers), and coming later after I see the max ET I can do on stock long block. Best dry kit is the PRO Dry kit. Check out some of the ongoing dry threads for more info. After that if you have more questions give me a pm and I would be happy to help.
Robert