Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitro Dave's customer for life (pics inside)

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 05:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs up Nitro Dave's customer for life (pics inside)

Great big thanks to Nitro Dave, who is the MAN!! D My recent experience with Dave and his shop has been absolutely fantastic, go ahead and call me a Nitrous Outlet nut swinger. Dave treated me better than anyone I have ever done business with before. He always made me feel like I was his only concern (even when I heard the phones ringing in the background), never rushed me, walked me through my installation (first time installation for me) and always, always, always thanked me for being a Nitrous Outlet customer. Rock on Dave
Attached Thumbnails Nitro Dave's customer for life (pics inside)-nitrous-install-001-small-.jpg   Nitro Dave's customer for life (pics inside)-nitrous-install-002-small-.jpg   Nitro Dave's customer for life (pics inside)-nitrous-install-017-small-2-.jpg   Nitro Dave's customer for life (pics inside)-nitrous-install-011-small-.jpg   Nitro Dave's customer for life (pics inside)-nitrous-install-010-small-.jpg  

Old 01-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Nice install for sure. Clean look. how was on a difficulty level. 0-10
Ricky
Old 01-11-2006, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks Ricky, and kudos to NX for making a great kit. The installation was relatively easy, just time consuming. I say that because I didn't want any exposed wiring or lines (not trying to be sneaky, just didn't want any "clutter"). I did spring for the wiring harness, and I would highly recommend it for anyone who either wants to save a lot of time or who is a complete novice like myself.
Old 01-11-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Dave is definately the man when it comes to customer service!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How much was it, and where can i get a set. BTW is no2 illegal to have in the bottle on the street
Old 01-11-2006, 06:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sweet,
Im glad to see you got it up and running. Looking at your pics you did a great job.

Just incase you did not know.
On the side of the bottle valve there is a pipe plug.You can put your gauge in that hole. This will shorten the extention comming off the bottle nipple. When you get a bottle heater there is a hole in the opisate side for the bottle sensor.

On a scale 1-10 how much easier did the wiring harness make the install?

Thank you very much for the kind words and support.
Dave
Old 01-11-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah...id like to hear abou the harness as well. Lokks fantastic though..great job!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:43 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys. The wiring harness gets a 10/10. I can't begin to imagine what a mangled knot of wires I would have ended up with without it. Not to mention that my kit worked the first time I tried it. Don't laugh, I am a complete moron when it comes to wiring. Dave also sent me a custom wiring diagram including the switch panel wiring that made it very easy to understand.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Thats great. A good wire harness is worth its weight in gold IMO. I can do wiring...but I have installed things like the Racetronix plug and play...and its such a good feeling when its complete and you know its done right.

The harness defiantely has its place for many customers...and I think it will catch on.
Old 01-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

Gald to see the install rated so high for you.. Clean look for sure. But I can see the T-tap on the wire by the computer. SHHHH I wont tell anyone. Detial engines bay look nice.

Ricky
Old 01-12-2006, 01:49 PM
FormerVendor

The install looks great! I know exactly what you mean when it comes to wiring, it is my least favorite thing about modifying cars/bikes. A harness can save a lot of time and aggression when doing an install. With the help of Ricky here in the office I'm starting to get the jist of how things operate, which makes it much easier to understand how to wire multiple parts together.

Anyway, congrats again on the install. I bet your proud of yourself for doing it all on your own. Be sure to let us all know what the hp/tq numbers are if you can get it dynoed. Have fun with it!
Old 01-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Restricted User

Damn man, now I have to go and redo all mine, I'd hate to have a newb running with a pro installed looking setup and me w/ a rats nest. Very clean.
Old 01-12-2006, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Clean engine bay!
Old 01-12-2006, 02:43 PM
11 Second Club

Also, how do you run a blowdown tube with the bottle in that location?
Old 01-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Restricted User

Who is this "Dave" character you speak of?
Old 01-12-2006, 03:05 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shaZZam
Great big thanks to Nitro Dave, who is the MAN!! D My recent experience with Dave and his shop has been absolutely fantastic, go ahead and call me a Nitrous Outlet nut swinger. Dave treated me better than anyone I have ever done business with before. He always made me feel like I was his only concern (even when I heard the phones ringing in the background), never rushed me, walked me through my installation (first time installation for me) and always, always, always thanked me for being a Nitrous Outlet customer. Rock on Dave
Nitrous Outlet nut swinger - Don't worry it's an all inclusive club for the well informed. All it takes is a phone call to Nitrous Outlet to join.

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
Gald to see the install rated so high for you.. Clean look for sure. But I can see the T-tap on the wire by the computer. SHHHH I wont tell anyone. Detial engines bay look nice.

Ricky
Ricky put down the magnifying glass and step back from your computer.

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Yeah...id like to hear abou the harness as well. Lokks fantastic though..great job!
Harness ?! How cool is THAT!! Tell us more.

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
Who is this "Dave" character you speak of?
He is the myth, the man, the legend, the ****, the hombre, the (lowercase) god ... the Neo of Nitrous!

(okay...maybe he's just an angel with a halo system)
Old 01-12-2006, 03:21 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys for the kind words. I am going to relocate the bottle to the spare tire compartment as soon as I can get out of the dog house and buy a remote opener. Until then, it'll stay on the hump. Dave is putting together the hardware to run the vent underneath the rear passenger seat (drain plug). Got an appointment for a nitrous tune next week. Will post #'s afterward. Something I forgot to mention was the trick switch. That is the shizzle.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:42 PM
FormerVendor

Ok so now lets see some pictures of the system. The behind the scenes shots.LOL

Dave
Old 01-12-2006, 05:45 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MattZ28
Also, how do you run a blowdown tube with the bottle in that location?
Matt,
We have put together a nice braided blow down kit for doing jobs like this. I will have the last fitting tommorow and will try to get pics up...
Dave
Old 01-12-2006, 05:50 PM
12 Second Club

Where can I get that wiring harness? My wiring looks like crap, so bad that I won't even open my hood for people to see it!