Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinions on best/fastest bottle heater

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Opinions on best/fastest bottle heater

HSW, Dynotune, NX, NOS - whatcha think, why?
- how long does it take to heat up (starting psi to 1050psi) say a 15LB full bottle
- wattage
- blanket size (complete wrap around)
- auto shutoff / adjustable
- anything else you like
Old 06-12-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 300 watt heaters will heat the fastest, we all carry these. It depends on outside temp for lenght of time. My 15lb'er sometimes is like 45 minutes on a cold day, however, I have a 240 watt NX heater. I chose and choose to run the NX heater because of the lower amp draw, and I will have 2 heaters heating 2 15lb'ers. There is no 15lb full wrap around blanket that I know of, NX dose have the wrap around for the 10lb'ers. I like the Black blankets with the Nitrous Direct logo, which I have 2 of. And of course you should have an auto shut off. Most use the mechanical pressure transducer type sw. NOS uses the Thermastat typ sw. I run the thermastat currently and it heats bottle to a certain temp (mine 95*), whereas the mechanical type heat to a pressure. There are good and bad points to both, imo. But that is subjective. Hope this helps a bit.
Robert
Old 06-13-2006, 01:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

if you have a chance throw the bottle under some hot water and it will be hot in under 5 mins. i do this while my car gets up to temp and use my heater to maintain pressure when im out and about.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:19 AM
FormerVendor

Our Revolution bottle heater wraps 360 degrees around the bottle, so there is no "dead space". The Revolution is 280 watts too, so it won't drain the battery as fast as a 300 watter while your in the staging lanes. The kit comes with an adjustable pressure transducer along with weather tight electrical connections and weatherpack connections. There is some test data on our website, you can follow the link to the PDF file:

http://www.harrisspeedworks.com/shop...cat=269&page=1

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Matt

Originally Posted by MeanWS6
HSW, Dynotune, NX, NOS - whatcha think, why?
- how long does it take to heat up (starting psi to 1050psi) say a 15LB full bottle
- wattage
- blanket size (complete wrap around)
- auto shutoff / adjustable
- anything else you like
Old 06-13-2006, 11:16 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

How long it takes varies depending on the starting pressure and the temp ouside. Wattage 300. But as we have found out not all 300 watt heaters perform the same. A lot has to do with the layout of the heating element wiring and shielding within the heater element itself.
Auto shutoff and adjustable.
Anything else we like - yes the price --- $99!!!!

But our customers are our best advertisment - here is a quote I noticed in the for sale section from Dame. Thank you Dame!

Dean

For the people that are on the fence about this warmer:

I bought this warmer 2 1/2 years ago when I got my first nitrous kit (used dry kit) worked GREAT... then I sold my dry kit and gave the kid everything.... I then bought a complete NIB NX MAF kit with NX warmer: I used it for ONE DAY!!! and proceeded to give it away, buy myself another one of these and have been happy ever since- you guys are lucky I paid the full price BOTH times! Might take a little time to adjust the thermostat to exactly where you want it ... but once ya get it- you'll be golden!

This really is the best warmer hands down (IMHO)

1999 T/A WS6 #0098 6spd loaded
blk w/taupe int.
Moser,NX,Spohn,BMR,Hal,2-step,etc.
Old H/C/I setup: 11.28@125 raceweight: 3920

New setup: 408 stroker Times:??? still in progress Clifford Advantguard 4 W/REMOTESTART

Last edited by DynotuneN2O; 06-13-2006 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I personally think the 860 heated bottle bracket will give all the heaters a run for the money. Since the unit is made of alluminum it transfers the heat faster and stays hot.

Check it out.
http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/catalog...product_id=693
Dave
Old 06-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Closed ex-Sponsor Account

I will give everyone an idea and maybe someone will build it. Think of a 20lb bottle with the bottom cut off. Now slide a 10lb bottle inside. seal it on both ends. Fill with water get a hot water element for lets say 98' temp. And that will be the fasts most consistant bottle heater out there. Just remember to leave a little room for expansion on the heater water area...
Ricky
Old 06-14-2006, 06:40 AM
TECH Resident

That idea actually inspires me Ricky! But, I wouldn't want to buy a 20lb bottle just to cut it up. My engine coolant is 180°F, I think I'll run a line from my radiator into one of those "medical" hot water bottles or something. The water temp is so hot you would only need to cover a small portion of the bottle. The only problems are shutting it off once the bottle gets up to temp and keeping the hot feed & return lines from touching flammable/sensitive things.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NXRICKY
I will give everyone an idea and maybe someone will build it. Think of a 20lb bottle with the bottom cut off. Now slide a 10lb bottle inside. seal it on both ends. Fill with water get a hot water element for lets say 98' temp. And that will be the fasts most consistant bottle heater out there. Just remember to leave a little room for expansion on the heater water area...
Ricky
That would be HEAVY! But would work very well.

I can see it now, bringing in my 10lb bottle to be filled up that weighs 85lbs when full.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Somebody09
That idea actually inspires me Ricky! But, I wouldn't want to buy a 20lb bottle just to cut it up. My engine coolant is 180°F, I think I'll run a line from my radiator into one of those "medical" hot water bottles or something. The water temp is so hot you would only need to cover a small portion of the bottle. The only problems are shutting it off once the bottle gets up to temp and keeping the hot feed & return lines from touching flammable/sensitive things.
Ok follow with me, take 1/2 aluminum tubing and wrap the bottle with it, in a coil fashion. Then tie into the hot water flow path, going thru a large orfice solenoid, and the return water back to the engine. Now hook up a pressure switch and your done. solenoid is open until you get to pressure, and then shuts off once there. -6 line will be all you need for feed. and once the valve shuts off water can no longer circulate. I would recommend setting the pressure low say around 850-900. once the valve shuts you still have hot water setting there and may take the pressure up more. Trial and error is needed.

Ricky
Old 06-14-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Nothing beats a hot water bath...
Old 06-14-2006, 03:10 PM

Now carrying a bath tube around with you everwhere is not practical.. lol
Ricky
Old 06-14-2006, 03:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

We can call it the Nitro Spa

Here is why I ask originally,

https://ls1tech.com/forums/nitrous-oxide/523943-nx-bottle-heater-will-not-heat-over-800psi.html

NXRICKY - any ideas?
Old 06-14-2006, 03:28 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the testing on the 860 heater.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by MeanWS6
We can call it the Nitro Spa

Here is why I ask originally,

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=523943

NXRICKY - any ideas?
Gauge off, or pressure switch off.
Ricky
Old 06-14-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

I personally like the 860 performance heated bracket.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:27 PM
11 Second Club

Well i have a both a nx auto heater and a cold fusion auto heater and the CF heats up way faster but why do you need it to heat fast?? (both are thermostat controlled)
Oterwise they both work the same. So I'd go for price myself.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

I went with the 860 Bottle Bracket heater for about $100 bucks from Dave (NitrousOutlet) and let the Maximizer control the pressure and heater. I think the 860 is the best product out there and really heats up good after 15 min. It bought this unit so i would not have to hassle with a blanket when I get my bottle refilled. After 8 refilles it has been really nice convience and makes for a really clean install.

Quick Reply: Opinions on best/fastest bottle heater