Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I be okay on a 100 shot?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 12:43 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I be okay on a 100 shot?

I'm running the 5177 kit and my question is, will i be safe spraying a 100 shot? My only fuel system upgrade is tr6's and a new factory fuel filter. This is also a 99 so I have the 26lb fuel injectors. Am I okay? Also, what is the "safe" rpm range to set my window switch with this setup?
Old 06-24-2006, 03:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have my window switch set up for 3000-5800rpm, i also run a 100 shot on my 99, but if im correct the 5177 is a dry kit right? and im running a wet NX kit, but i have no problems at all with my stock fuel pump. im also runnin tr6 plugs.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:04 AM
Teching In

safe, always the pivital question Most nitrous manufacture's boast the safe delivery of up to 100 horse with (quote unqote) no other mods required. This my be true but i have come to lack faith in believing that i can just bolt together a system and trust the manufacurers word that every thing will be cool. I have learned although they may be on some applications they may not be depending on the operating peramiters of your vehicle. Always check and double check before proceeding to enter the extended play mode on your system. One of the best indicators you have requires only a plug socket to check. If you have been running the system with a lessor power setting great, if you want to step it up alls good, but monitor your fuel, im quite sure your system in good working order will support 100 hp, monitor your a/f if you are so equipped and most importantly listen for signs of detonation and check your plugs (all 8) after your initial trial run and give yourself the satisfaction of knowing whats going on. I find the more i know for sure the less i squeeze my *** everytime i hit the button, lol.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

i am running a 100 shot dry on my 99 and it is pretty much stock. the fuel system is completely stock. i have been running it for a while now and have not had any problemes.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

I sprayed a 115 shot on my 00 stock fuel system for a couple years no problems, you should be ok on a 100 shot just check your plugs and listem to the way your car reacts as stated above.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

what exactly am I listening for?
Old 06-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brian2006
what exactly am I listening for?

BOOM!

j/k
Old 06-25-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by spson04
safe, always the pivital question Most nitrous manufacture's boast the safe delivery of up to 100 horse with (quote unqote) no other mods required. This my be true but i have come to lack faith in believing that i can just bolt together a system and trust the manufacurers word that every thing will be cool. I have learned although they may be on some applications they may not be depending on the operating peramiters of your vehicle. Always check and double check before proceeding to enter the extended play mode on your system. One of the best indicators you have requires only a plug socket to check. If you have been running the system with a lessor power setting great, if you want to step it up alls good, but monitor your fuel, im quite sure your system in good working order will support 100 hp, monitor your a/f if you are so equipped and most importantly listen for signs of detonation and check your plugs (all 8) after your initial trial run and give yourself the satisfaction of knowing whats going on. I find the more i know for sure the less i squeeze my *** everytime i hit the button, lol.
Brian2006 what exactly am I listening for?
I highlighted a portion of the above statement to answer your question.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:45 PM
Teching In

hey sorry took a minute, listen for spark knock, pinging clatter type noise, easiest way to explain it is like lugging and old car up a hill only the detonation sound will be more profound.