Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sick of debugging nitrous system - Need some help.

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sick of debugging nitrous system - Need some help.

Below you will find a complete wiring diagram of my electricals. Everything tests good. The tps switch is a switch ground as well as the BMN window switch. During my tests, I have jumped out the DynoTune A/F cutoff switch as well and nothing has prevailed for me. I am really sick of debugging this system. The only time I have to debug is when all the shops are closed.....weekends and evenings. When most shops are closed for those of us that have to work for a living.

The BMN window switch instructions is slightly confusing. The off position for the 1rst gear lockout is physically slid in the same direction as the on positions for "4,6,8 cylinder mode". By the way, just in case I misunderstood the directions I put the mode switches turn both up and both down.....since I am not sure which way is on or off. However, that should have either accomplished "inactive" or "4 cylinder mode". Which neither prevailed anything for me.

In addition, I am shotting a 50 shot wet with a 12 volt light bulb taped to my windshield and the wires on the solenoids' relay coil. NOTHING ever happens. Hence, I even test the light bulb and it works. The fuse to the solenoids is good since it is the same fuse as the purge and the only damn thing I can do is purge. THE MOST EXPENSIVE PURGE SYSTEM IN THE WORLD!!!!

I'm ready to throw this junk to the dog and buy the "The Edge" for HSW but they are out of stock. CAN ANYONE HELP ME......PLEASE?????
Old 07-01-2006, 04:46 PM
FormerVendor

Some of us are open on the weekends. Have you verified that the BMN window switch is correctly working? The first gear lockout is slid up to turn off. The DIP switchs for CYN mode are slid up for on. For 4 CYN mode both DIP switchs 1 and 2 need to be in the down (off) position. I'll send you a PM too.

Matt
Old 07-01-2006, 06:12 PM
Launching!

Matt, I tried calling you today. Maybe it was too late, but I got no answer. I have not tested the output on the BMN, but it does turn the green l.e.d. on though. I tried both switches for cylinder mode - both of them up and both of them down and got the same results. For testing only, I put the turn on at 2500 rpms and rev the engine to 2500. In both incidents, the BMN switch lights the green l.e.d.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:31 PM
FormerVendor

We've had two tuning sessions today, if you don't get someone on the phone leave a message and someone will get back to you ASAP.

EDIT- Also how are you getting the TPS switch to trigger? I assume someone is reving the engine up to the starting RPM, but how are you getting the throttle all the way open for the TPS switch? Are you pushing the black button on it to over-ride the TPS signal to activate the output?

Matt

Last edited by Matt@HSW; 07-01-2006 at 08:49 PM.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:35 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
We've had two tuning sessions today, if you don't get someone on the phone leave a message and someone will get back to you ASAP.

EDIT- Also how are you getting the TPS switch to trigger? I assume someone is reving the engine up to the starting RPM, but how are you getting the throttle all the way open for the TPS switch? Are you pushing the black button on it to over-ride the TPS signal to activate the output?

Matt
Sorry about taking so long to get back to you. I was fortunate enough to be called into work. Been there all night and now it's almost 5:30 am. Anyways, for testing purposes only, I set the "on" rpm to 2500 and rev the engine manually at the throttle. I had my son read the rpms when I yealed. He stated 2500 rpms. He is 18 and knows how to the rpm gauge. Anyways, I can see the BMN turn on the green l.e.d. However, with the TPS, I jumped out the BMN to set it up and to check it for proper operation. With the engine off, the key in the accesorry position, the nitrous activation switch closed or turned on, and the fuse pulled to the solenoids, I checked the TPS. Somehow, I believe the TPS is acting different when the BMN is jumped out and when it's not. I noticed whenever the TPS recieves power the red l.e.d. blinks once really quick. To me, this indicates zero position. Well when the BMN is jumped out and when not jumped out are two different positions on the throttle position. If the TPS recieves it's zero position when it is first turned on then the TPS may never work in the application I am using it for and would deem it incompatible. However, once I get a good morning sleep after being at work all night, I will test this theory.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:32 AM
FormerVendor

Try to program the TPS again. Set up the system, rev engine to the turn on point and press the black push button on the TPS to simulate WOT. If you don't press the button on the TPS the system will never activate as when you guys are reving the moter you are not doing it at WOT.

Matt
Old 07-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Matt@HSW
Try to program the TPS again. Set up the system, rev engine to the turn on point and press the black push button on the TPS to simulate WOT. If you don't press the button on the TPS the system will never activate as when you guys are reving the moter you are not doing it at WOT.

Matt
I don't quite understand. Are you saying I should set the TPS for something less than WOT? When the TPS was originally set up, it was setup exactly like the instructions said to do and it worked well as a stand alone. When I went back and tested it as a stand alone, it worked like it should.....BUT I don't know how it is working when the BMN is turning it on and off through the ground input. Does the TPS switch look for zero when power is first turned on? If so, then I don't think the TPS switch could ever be compatible with the BMN. Think about it, if the TPS switch is turned on as a stand alone when the power is tied directly to the accessory switch then the tps switch will/should aways see a 0v input from the wipe of the tps. Now, if it is turned on through the BMN, then the tps should be at 100% when the tps switch is turned on through the ground input by the BMN. Therefore bringing me to the question is the tps switch looking for a zero input from the wipe of the tps when being powered up?
Old 07-03-2006, 09:32 AM
FormerVendor

No, you are not re-programing it, just by passing it for testing, as in testing you are never going WOT. If you don't go WOT the system will never activate. If you want to fully test they system set the RPM on and offs and take it out and see if it works. If you want to test the system by reving up the engine you need to bypass the TPS switch as you guys are not going WOT when reving up the engine, it's only going part throttle. To by pass the the TPS just press the button.

Matt
Old 07-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Launching!

ME See !!! Matt, you have to remember I'm a little slow. Anyways, appreciate the help. You been fantastic. If I don't get this going, I'm just going to rewire it to have the TPS switch to turn on the BMN window switch and not worry about having 1rst gear lock out.

Thanks,
Doug
Old 07-04-2006, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Matt, I rewired the system and works like a charm, but have no 1rst gear lock out. New wiring diagram below.