Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy Here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 07:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Guy Here!

Interested in a nitrous kit for my WS6! Any idea what my stock bottom end can handle? From what i have read i can spray up to 150hp and after that It would require that I upgrade to a high flow fuel pump is that right?

I have been looking at an NX kit, do you guys thinkt hat would be my best bet?

Thanks!
Old 07-04-2006, 07:55 AM
12 Second Club

GO to some of the sponsors sites and do some digging around. There are lots of great kits for our cars out there. Nitro Dave's got alot to offer, Harris Speed Works is working on some new products, the list goes on and on. Figure out what is going to work best on your budget.

If there is no budget then direct port setup from Dave is the way to go, IMO.
Old 07-04-2006, 03:27 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I set up 150 shot kits on LS1's all day long, for years. Never hadd a problem, just get a reputable installer with a good reputation, and tell him what your looking for. If he is any good you should be up and spraying in no time. NOS and NX are two very good sources. They have been around for years. I would stay away from the newer brands until they get a little more established. Not saying anything bad they are getting better, I have just had bad luck with a couple of them... Any way you go goood luck. And have fun.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

i wouldnt go more then a 100 shot with the stock fuel pump. plenty of people are doing it, but i would HIGHLY recommend getting a better fuel pump no matter what size shot, but especially if your planning on a 150. and dont forget some colder plugs, NGK-TR6 are the most popular.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:47 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Lots of options.....use a dry kit if your only looking for a quick 100hp. Go wet if you think you will want 150hp.... Checkout the dynotune wet kit....
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=104

at $379 hard to go wrong....

Dan
Old 07-05-2006, 07:39 AM
TECH Resident

You should be good to about 150 without any mods, after 150 you'll atleast want to look at a high flow fuel pump. Dan is right if you're never going to want more than a 100 shot than you may want to look at dry, but if you think you'll want to go 150 and beyond.. it's time to look at a wet kit. What ever you need we have it both from Cold Fusion and Nitrous Express and would be happy to help you pick the best nitrous setup for you and your car. Let us know if there's anything we can do for you.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:22 AM
11 Second Club

Hello and welcome aboard. I prefer wet kits but there are plenty of folks going fast here with dry kits as well. I think that you would be plenty happy with a wet kit. You may want to start out with the 100-hp jets in whatever kit you get and kind of ease into it checking things along the way. Take your time and pay attention to what the car likes and dislikes and you will be both happy and fast. There are some good vendors on here, but I have only dealt with Nitro Daves and must say they are my only choice due to the great customer service even after the sale. Good luck no matter which kit or vendor you choose. Take care.

Jim C.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

You should be good to 150 with the stock stuff. I would add some TR6s too. I went with the NX MAF kit on mine and loved it. It hit very hard. I also started out at a 75 shot and then progressively went up paying close attention to what the car was doing. Another good investment would be a FPSS and a window switch if you are an auto. It makes using the kit a little more worry free. But I sprayed a 150 shot on my car with no problems.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

NX is great, and I agree on the MAF kit. The cleanest install going, imo. If ya have any tech questions give me a shout, and good luck on your choice of kit and vendor.
Robert
Old 07-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Restricted User

Welcome WS6ZILLA. If you use the search button (and its working) you will find a load of information from others that have been in your shoes, some get more thorough answers then others, just from the mood ppl are in when replying.
I cant say go dry if you only want a 100 shot, I've run more than that dry, a lot, and I know Robert56 has, and many others. Some understand the dry functions and like the simplicity, others like the wire and forget the wet kit offers. IMHO, wet tuning is easier for the novice, where dry can require a bit more finese, or trial/experimenting. Either way, there is plenty of help available in here.
There was also a thread on all the safety related parts that was very complete.

GL

Charlie
Old 06-09-2008, 08:12 AM
Teching In

wound up going with a kit from [/URL]

Been really happy with it, and their service has been great. But I have one question.. Do you guys feel it is worth the effort of upgrading to a bigger fuel pump in order to be able to spray another 50hp or so. Will 50hp make that much of a difference at the track?

Last edited by Noyzee; 06-09-2008 at 12:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well, if you are into modding your car, which it sounds like you are, then you will eventually need one anyway
Old 06-10-2008, 08:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha. Almost two years later. Yea I'd get a fuel pump and injectors, and go all out.