Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Basic N20 Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Get a fuel pressure gauge preferably electrical. A/F is optional but if you get one get it wideband. Otherwise it'll be just a fireworks display. Fuel Pressure safety switch (not sure if its included), and a WOT switch and filter seems to be included which is good.

Those are just a couple things that are pretty important. You can always upgrade your fuel injectors and pump just to stay on the safe side but isn't required.

On a 100 shot it isn't exactly imperative to get it tuned but it does help. I ran a 100 shot for about a year before I got it tuned.
craziness.. i know about the WOT switch. so the fuel pressure gauge tells me when my fuel pressure drops too low? and the fuel pressure safety switch? where does it go, what does it do? Does the filter just filter the N20?

Sorry to keep buggin but I'm clueless

Last edited by 6THZ28; 11-08-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 6THZ28
the idea of spraying my car sounded great initially but the more i'm learning, the less appealing it is becoming. i asked a friend of mine, stock motor, and spray for some suggestions/advice. this is what he said:

lol well after you start spraying it you can kiss your strong running motor good bye. Mine slowy progessed down hill after i sprayed x number of times and pretty much detonated all the way through 4th gear pretty much every time i sprayed and that was with the TR-6 plugs. My advice would be a wet kit and a tune with race gas if you can get ahold of some that way its a little bit safer. But you gotta remember having nitrous on your motor is like a ticking time bomb. The motor will let go its just a matter of time. I know mine went lol just gotta make sure you can back up the funds for a new setup

The whole race gas thing.... i want to street my ride for the most part and run at the track every now and then so running race gas regularly just isn't feasible.. there are so many variables to consider when spraying. wish i had enough cash to subsidize it.. i'm thinking i need more $ for that "just in case ****" that might arise

My god every time I hear a story about nitrous that starts out.......my friend said........I know it is going to be bad and full of misinformation.

Your friend is WRONG, I have been spraying 150 shot for over two years, my friend in Virginia has been spraying 125 shot for almost 4 years. Our motors still run strong and neither one of us have ever used race gas. Maybe the problem with your friends set up is he didn't know what he was doing, if you install it correctly, use the safety devices and do all the changes......plugs, timing if needed and such you will be fine.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:38 AM
Launching!

craziness.. i know about the WOT switch. so the fuel pressure gauge tells me when my fuel pressure drops too low? and the fuel pressure safety switch? where does it go, what does it do? Does the filter just filter the N20?

Sorry to keep buggin but I'm clueless
The fuel pressure gauge does exactly what it says, it tells you your fuel pressure so you can keep an eye on it if it gets to low. The FPSS comes off your fuel rail and when your fuel pressure goes to low it shuts off your system to stop damage.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:36 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

the idea of spraying my car sounded great initially but the more i'm learning, the less appealing it is becoming. i asked a friend of mine, stock motor, and spray for some suggestions/advice. this is what he said:

lol well after you start spraying it you can kiss your strong running motor good bye. Mine slowy progessed down hill after i sprayed x number of times and pretty much detonated all the way through 4th gear pretty much every time i sprayed and that was with the TR-6 plugs. My advice would be a wet kit and a tune with race gas if you can get ahold of some that way its a little bit safer. But you gotta remember having nitrous on your motor is like a ticking time bomb. The motor will let go its just a matter of time. I know mine went lol just gotta make sure you can back up the funds for a new setup

The whole race gas thing.... i want to street my ride for the most part and run at the track every now and then so running race gas regularly just isn't feasible.. there are so many variables to consider when spraying. wish i had enough cash to subsidize it.. i'm thinking i need more $ for that "just in case ****" that might arise
Get a smater friend and a better tuner...
I know plenty who have beat the living **** out of their motor with spray, but it was done RIGHT. There was no detonation through 4th, the plugs were gapped correctly, and the tune was correct. It is all in the set up. You do not need RACE GAS for christs sake lol...

Just throw a decent wet/dry kit on there...have an EXPERIENCED tuner tune the PCM, and let 'er RIP!

PS- if you are worried about money, and "just in case" stuff, perhaps you should not mod any further. I am just being honest. Many people want this and that, but at the end of the day the funds always become the determining factor. Look if you want RELIABLE, get a Honda. If you want your motor to last for a decade but make sick power, set aside $1500 and get a cam, springs, purshrods and a tune and you're good to go. Stay away from N20 if you are worried.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:45 AM
Closed Sponsor Account

Originally Posted by Brian2006
Get a fuel pressure gauge preferably electrical. A/F is optional but if you get one get it wideband. Otherwise it'll be just a fireworks display. Fuel Pressure safety switch (not sure if its included), and a WOT switch and filter seems to be included which is good.

Those are just a couple things that are pretty important. You can always upgrade your fuel injectors and pump just to stay on the safe side but isn't required.

On a 100 shot it isn't exactly imperative to get it tuned but it does help. I ran a 100 shot for about a year before I got it tuned.

If it were me, and I cared, I would get a tune. Why spend all the time and money an not tune the PCM to handle the N20? Not tuning could = engine in a bucket...seriously.
Old 11-09-2007, 09:59 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ERIK@MASPORT
Get a smater friend and a better tuner...
I know plenty who have beat the living **** out of their motor with spray, but it was done RIGHT. There was no detonation through 4th, the plugs were gapped correctly, and the tune was correct. It is all in the set up. You do not need RACE GAS for christs sake lol...

Just throw a decent wet/dry kit on there...have an EXPERIENCED tuner tune the PCM, and let 'er RIP!

PS- if you are worried about money, and "just in case" stuff, perhaps you should not mod any further. I am just being honest. Many people want this and that, but at the end of the day the funds always become the determining factor. Look if you want RELIABLE, get a Honda. If you want your motor to last for a decade but make sick power, set aside $1500 and get a cam, springs, purshrods and a tune and you're good to go. Stay away from N20 if you are worried.
I have broken many things on my car and fixed em... I just don't want to seriously **** something up. IF spray is achievable in a relatively "safe" manner, I'm down.. I am going to have it professionally installed and tuned so that's not an issue. And to address the "get a Honda if you want reliable" - I have a Honda - it's my daily driver... Thanks for the info man!

Last edited by 6THZ28; 11-09-2007 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ERIK@MASPORT
If it were me, and I cared, I would get a tune. Why spend all the time and money an not tune the PCM to handle the N20? Not tuning could = engine in a bucket...seriously.
Agreed, but in stock form a 100 dry shot is about the highest you can go without pulling timing. My car is now dynotuned at 24 degrees but it was still operating at 80% on stock injectors. It now has 42#
Old 11-09-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Call Thunder Racing and buy a Timming Tuner. This device allows you to set a time delay on N2O activation. {allows you to launch the car on motor for traction} It also has timing retard function for when you spray the car. It also has a high rpm limit so you don't hit the rev limiter on the bottle.{this is a bad thing}. I had mine for 5 years it works great. These cars on a 100 shot run great.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1lejohn
Call Thunder Racing and buy a Timming Tuner. This device allows you to set a time delay on N2O activation. {allows you to launch the car on motor for traction} It also has timing retard function for when you spray the car. It also has a high rpm limit so you don't hit the rev limiter on the bottle.{this is a bad thing}. I had mine for 5 years it works great. These cars on a 100 shot run great.
Timing tuner huh? Hmm.. Can't I launch the car on motor without spraying with a window switch? The RPM is a questions I was getting to. On a basic setup, at what point does it stop spraying or - how do i stop spraying?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1lejohn
Timing tuner huh? Hmm.. Can't I launch the car on motor without spraying with a window switch? On a basic setup, at what point does it stop spraying or - how do i stop spraying?
Old 11-09-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

You can use the window switch. It will also turn the N2O off at the high limit. With the timing tuner you can do it all with one box. It's always a good idea to take some timing out when spraying 100HP or larger shot espcially when its summer time.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hey my kit

get a dynotune this >>> http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=194

i like it cuss it's a microswitch a window switch and has gear lock out. meaning you set where you want to spray (3k and up) and will shut off where you want (5250 you dont want to spray threw shifts) the gear lock out will let you spray in 2,3 gear and lock out first gear so that you can get traction in first gear.

FPSS
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=135

and i sprayed a 100 shot for a while while i was on the stock timing, it was fine for me until i jumped to the 150 shot .... just to let you know what everyone knows already, TNT shots give you more than wht they advertise. my 150 shot was more like a 170
Old 11-09-2007, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I actually looked at the NOS EFI fogger system manual to get a good idea of how it all works. Now Im piecing together my own system
Old 11-10-2007, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by reject
hey my kit

get a dynotune this >>> http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=194

i like it cuss it's a microswitch a window switch and has gear lock out. meaning you set where you want to spray (3k and up) and will shut off where you want (5250 you dont want to spray threw shifts) the gear lock out will let you spray in 2,3 gear and lock out first gear so that you can get traction in first gear.

FPSS
http://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store...?idproduct=135

and i sprayed a 100 shot for a while while i was on the stock timing, it was fine for me until i jumped to the 150 shot .... just to let you know what everyone knows already, TNT shots give you more than wht they advertise. my 150 shot was more like a 170
Dude.. upon reading this reply - PPPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE hold on to it for me.. Forget what i said in the PM lol.. jk man do what you gotta do.. and i think holding it for me is what you gotta do.. jk again - sort of..