Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

In Ellis I'm Gonna Trust

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In Ellis I'm Gonna Trust

Ok... since Thunder Racing is having a Double Online Discount sale for the 4th of July, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on that McLeod Twin Disk. It's $775 + shipping, which includes a new flywheel (McLeod master cylinder not included, since I already have one of those)... that's as good a price I've ever seen on it.

So Ellis, I'm gonna take your advice and go with that clutch... wish me luck.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:12 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust your inner peelings Cuke......

That ought to fix your problems Jason. Unless of course it's something like your crankshaft is way out of balance or your input shaft bearing is wasted. But Shawn should have caught that or you should have other issues so you should be good to go now.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
That ought to fix your problems Jason. Unless of course it's something like your crankshaft is way out of balance or your input shaft bearing is wasted. But Shawn should have caught that or you should have other issues so you should be good to go now.
After talking with a couple of vendors (TSP, Thunder, New Era Performance) and a tech at RAM, I'm starting to think more and more that it was a geometry problem related to the clutch and that particular flywheel. A matched clutch and flywheel should do the trick.

If this clutch gets wasted, I'm just gonna throw in a stocker and trade my car in for a C5 with an A4.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:29 AM
10 Second Club

I feel your pain. Because the more money you waste on this, the closer Bill & I get to you.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:32 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
If this clutch gets wasted, I'm just gonna throw in a stocker and trade my car in for a C5 with an A4.
Wait until you go to try to put a torque converter in that puppy.

Old 07-01-2005, 11:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
I feel your pain. Because the more money you waste on this, the closer Bill & I get to you.
No kidding... let's see the plans that have been put on hold because of this: Custom ported heads, nitrous kit, and rollbar. All I wanted to do was put down around 450 rwhp n/a, and toss a 150 shot on top of that...

Those things will most likely have to wait for the off-season now.
Old 07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
TECH Veteran

You gotta be kidding me... I've been calling around to the different sponsors all morning, and no one stocks the McLeod Twin Disk. It's gotta be built and shipped from McLeod... so I'm looking at it not shipping out until at least next Friday, so I definitely wouldn't have it to make the July 16th races or the July 17th Camaro Show. ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunder Racing suggested that I get the SPEC Stage 4 for my power levels, which evidently they do stock and can get to me by next week. But I don't want a damn SPEC Stage 4...

This is just stupid... how can I sponsor a damn car show if I don't have a car to put in the freakin' show??? I know I can, but that's just dumb.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Veteran

You gotta be kidding me... I've been calling around to the different sponsors all morning, and no one stocks the McLeod Twin Disk. It's gotta be built and shipped from McLeod... so I'm looking at it not shipping out until at least next Friday, so I definitely wouldn't have it to make the July 16th races or the July 17th Camaro Show. ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunder Racing suggested that I get the SPEC Stage 4 for my power levels, which evidently they do stock and can get to me by next week. But I don't want a damn SPEC Stage 4...

This is just stupid... how can I sponsor a damn car show if I don't have a car to put in the freakin' show??? I know I can, but that's just dumb.
One step closer to that Z06

Whats bizarre is how many problems you are having just getting the parts now, as if you haven't had enough problems already. Any chance of checking with Ellis to see if he's got a twin McLeod in the corner somewhere?

Doubt my car will be up by the 17th but you never know - I don't care even if it is still stock but how can I justify stripping the carriage and NOT doing a little 'extra' work? It makes no sense.
We're all freakin nuts around here
Old 07-01-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by GEARHED
One step closer to that Z06

Whats bizarre is how many problems you are having just getting the parts now, as if you haven't had enough problems already. Any chance of checking with Ellis to see if he's got a twin McLeod in the corner somewhere?
No kidding... at this rate, it'll be Z06 for me.

Well, I went ahead and decided to place the order and get McLeod to build me one... if this thing is gonna keep me from buying a new clutch every 3 months, then it'll be worth the couple weeks wait. I just hate having my car laid up like that... I swear it's spent more time this year not driveable than driveable.
Old 07-01-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Veteran

No kidding... at this rate, it'll be Z06 for me.

Well, I went ahead and decided to place the order and get McLeod to build me one... if this thing is gonna keep me from buying a new clutch every 3 months, then it'll be worth the couple weeks wait. I just hate having my car laid up like that... I swear it's spent more time this year not driveable than driveable.
While the problems I'm having aren't near as bad it sucks royal mine is still hiding under the covers in the garage.
Its like a bad repeat of last year

I swear, if everything works out I'm selling the LT1 and getting a Z06 - a "second" house payment would be less painful!
Old 07-01-2005, 03:33 PM
Launching!

Hey, on the bright side, that CRV should be pretty predictable at the CCC drags in the meantime. I can just see it now "CRV beats Santa in CCC finals"
Old 07-01-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by burbman
Hey, on the bright side, that CRV should be pretty predictable at the CCC drags in the meantime. I can just see it now "CRV beats Santa in CCC finals"
Now that's a good point... I may just have to hit up the CCC race anyways in our blue-skinned Japanese Ground Sloth.

I've never seen one at the track, so I could lay claim to having the fastest CR-V in Washington!
Old 07-01-2005, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok... since Thunder Racing is having a Double Online Discount sale for the 4th of July, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on that McLeod Twin Disk. It's $775 + shipping, which includes a new flywheel (McLeod master cylinder not included, since I already have one of those)... that's as good a price I've ever seen on it.

So Ellis, I'm gonna take your advice and go with that clutch... wish me luck.
Okay... from what I have seen so far on here, Ellis is GOD, so how much for a dyno tune and pull out a few hp via computer on a 99 Camaro SS LS1 car?
Old 07-01-2005, 04:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MrPongoSS
Okay... from what I have seen so far on here, Ellis is GOD, so how much for a dyno tune and pull out a few hp via computer on a 99 Camaro SS LS1 car?
Not GOD, but "god-like"
Old 07-01-2005, 05:08 PM
12 Second Club

It does suck having the car down so much. Hopefully it will help. I have a 3400 stall converter being built this week, so should have it in by the Bremerton race this month.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That sucks, Rotwiler! I hope it gets back the magic!
Old 07-03-2005, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Car isn't down, just putting a bigger stall in LOL...I'll be at the Wed race!
Old 07-05-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rotwiler
Car isn't down, just putting a bigger stall in LOL...I'll be at the Wed race!
Think you will make it out to Ray's Show on the 9th??