Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

In a hard faught battle, Team NW F-Body takes....

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In a hard faught battle, Team NW F-Body takes....

Runner-Up. Bill did great ALL night cutting amazing lights, .000, .002. Congrats bill on a great nights of racing.

Congrats also to Jason (Black camaro), on making it to teh Semi's Great job!!
Old 07-07-2005, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

Oh Yeah, Forgot to add. About 15 Mustangs showed up for the Ford crew and about 0 of them made it into the semi's...
Old 07-07-2005, 01:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great job team! Man we got a good streak going...
Old 07-07-2005, 01:48 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, FYI... R.C. Mitchell took 1st place. It was a great final race.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:51 AM
11 Second Club

Great job guys. Sorry I couldn't help out more. I guess once I get my car a bit more consistent I can contribute more than the obligitory 1 point.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by strobelite
Oh Yeah, Forgot to add. About 15 Mustangs showed up for the Ford crew and about 0 of them made it into the semi's...
It was good to see the Mustangs run...if only to know what they can't do on a track. It seemed like they were pounding it out but just couldn't get any more out of them. Couldn't even chalk it up to driver error

Zeke, your truck runs baaaaaaaaaaad! Way better than the Jeep Cherokee and a total burb
Old 07-07-2005, 07:09 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Zeke, your truck runs baaaaaaaaaaad! Way better than the Jeep Cherokee and a total burb
I don't know if it's ever going to be consistent enough to be effective in the brackets, though. It ran a 16.86 @ 82 the first run, then a 17.02, then a 16.65..... so I dialed in at 16.85, and ran a 16.62 on that dial. I did another TnT run after getting knocked out and ran a 16.72. It was all over the board. At least my Formula is predictable.. I'm probably gonna have to run the truck again before the season's over, so let's hope it finds it's stride.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

Outstanding guys....GREAT JOB!!! Congrats to all, even Bill...12.21....bashtad
Old 07-07-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Congratulations everyone! One point is better than none! Every point counts! Doug you did Great, love the new timeslip!

Congrats to Bill S. and RC! Both great drivers!

Keep it up everyone...NW F-body has risen once again!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Congratulations everyone! One point is better than none! Every point counts! Doug you did Great, love the new timeslip!

Congrats to Bill S. and RC! Both great drivers!

Keep it up everyone...NW F-body has risen once again!
Congrats guys.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tru_ice
Congrats guys.
Hey, how did your car run? I haven't heard anything about it yet..but I bet it's fast!

:edit: I just saw it in another thread..Congrats to you too! 12.4 @ 114 I think that should get you in the top 10!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z ANGEL
Hey, how did your car run? I haven't heard anything about it yet..but I bet it's fast!
I ran it twice, ended up w/ the 2nd being better with a 60' of 2.2, and 1/4 12.4 @ 114. I need tires, so I can get some grip and take off traction control.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:20 AM
Teching In

NW F-Bodies did Great yesterday. There was no better feeling than seeing the Mustangs get swated like flies. I definately plan to get my LT1 moded out and on the track hopefully before the summer is out. Keep up the good work team NW F-Bodies.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NiteRiderLT1
NW F-Bodies did Great yesterday. There was no better feeling than seeing the Mustangs get swated like flies. I definately plan to get my LT1 moded out and on the track hopefully before the summer is out. Keep up the good work team NW F-Bodies.
The Durango won. Don't forget this is handicapped racing. Maybe you'd prefer to go heads-up with the "W" team? That might be interesting.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GEARHED
It was good to see the Mustangs run...if only to know what they can't do on a track. It seemed like they were pounding it out but just couldn't get any more out of them. Couldn't even chalk it up to driver error

See below. I have to answer this kind of reference.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

This **** don't stink mentality is killing me. Trying to make yourself better or something.

You guys crack me up, take this WAYYY to seriously.

There are some cool people like DrEvyl, etc on here but some of the anti Ford banter I heard after the racing last night was WAY beyond childish 2nd grade insults.

If you want to go that route ... whatever ... just not a good way make yourselves a commendable leader or gain respect for your wins / consistency.

I guess I just don't see any fun on trashing on other teams, especially with most of the Ford guys out there for fun. If I get a point for the team, good on 'ya but if I lose a race that's fine it was time well spent at the track.

Last edited by Tylerb59; 07-07-2005 at 03:48 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by esoteric
The Durango won. Don't forget this is handicapped racing. Maybe you'd prefer to go heads-up with the "W" team? That might be interesting.
Well, it's bracket racing... that's just the way it goes. Handicapped so everyone's got an equal chance, no matter how slow/fast their ride is.

Heads up racing is fun, but that gets boring IMO... all you gotta do is throw a 200-250 shot at just about any ride, all it has to do is hold up for the night, and you can take the crown. Most HP/money wins that race every time, not necessarily the best driver.

Last edited by Tranzor_Z28; 07-07-2005 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Tranzor_Z28
Well, it's bracket racing... that's just the way it goes. Handicapped to so everyone's got an equal chance, no matter how slow/fast their ride is.

Heads up racing is fun, but that gets boring IMO... all you gotta do is throw a 200=250 shot at just about any ride, all it has to do is hold up for the night, and you can take the crown. Most HP/money wins that race every time, not necessarily the best driver.
I don't know what kind of format to use in an inter-club competition for heads up racing -not really practical, I guess. Keep in mind that almost all the Mustangs are standard shift and I think most of you guys are automatics. If you are sticks, too then go on celebrating and I congratulate all. But I think it's a little unfair to disparage the efforts of our team when we are dealing with a completely different equation. By the way, the driver of the winning Durango has three Mustangs -all stick shift cars. But in my book that doesn't make the Durango a better car than a Mustang or a Chevy for that matter, and it doesn't make all who lost to him contemptable.

Last edited by esoteric; 07-07-2005 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by esoteric
I don't know what kind of format to use in an inter-club competition for heads up racing -not really practical, I guess. Keep in mind that almost all the Mustangs are standard shift and I think most of you guys are automatics. If you are sticks, too then go on celebrating and I congratulate all. But I think it's a little unfair to disparage the efforts of our team when we are dealing with a completely different equation. By the way, the driver of the winning Durango has three Mustangs -all stick shift cars.
I don't take nothing away from guys who do well with the sticks... my car is a manual, and I totally understand how hard it is to win at brackets with one. But it can be done... just gotta be as good as a computer, I guess.

I'd say most our club's cars are autos... In fact, I'd say 80% of all the cars total in Car Club Challenge (no matter what club they belong to) are autos.
But there are definitely a few of us who drive manuals as well. In fact, Bill Springer, the guy with the '71 Camaro RS, he's done really well this year for us and his is a manual. The current points leader for NW F-body (and for CCC in general), Jonathan Miller, his Firehawk is a manual as well.

I also think that club participation is the biggest factor of all. We usually have around 10+ racers a race, while you guys have had half that number (if that) until the recent one. So its to be expected that your point total will be less... sheer numbers dictate which teams will be up front. You can have the best racers in the world, but if you only have 3 or 4 racing all the time, and another team constantly fields a dozen or more... well, the odds definitely are not in your favor.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not to mention, I recruited a few guys out of the street legal line last night who never even heard of CCC or been in a bracket race before. Heck, I didn't know about this thing until the previous event when I joined in the street legal line.

This is a lot of fun after learning about what's involved and how tough it is to be consistent. Competition is a good thing but like I said I expect more from a winning team.