Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

New shop in Oregon you can take your LS1 to

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 06:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New shop in Oregon you can take your LS1 to

We are the newest sponser here at LS1Tech, and just wanted to say hi. We're just now getting into the domestic market so if any of you guys need work done, don't hesitate to give us a call. We have our own Mustang Dyno with a tuner that has hundreds of hours tuning HP Tuners and LS1 Edit. We've done head swap, cam swaps, clutch swaps, ect... We also have our own line of turbo kits for any of you interested in going to the darkside.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Launching!

are you the guys john pham went in with?
Old 07-11-2005, 08:00 PM
TECH Regular

welcome to the site

if only i had an LS1 to tune..

Old 07-11-2005, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

If you are "just now" getting into the domestic market, why would I choose to bring my LS1 there rather than to a shop who has decades of experience with real racing? What do you offer that I can't get from someone I know and trust with the love of my life (to wit, my Trans Am)?

I do wish you welcome, but I am legitamately curious as to what benefits you offer.
Old 07-11-2005, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GroundZero
We are the newest sponser here at LS1Tech, and just wanted to say hi. We're just now getting into the domestic market so if any of you guys need work done, don't hesitate to give us a call. We have our own Mustang Dyno with a tuner that has hundreds of hours tuning HP Tuners and LS1 Edit. We've done head swap, cam swaps, clutch swaps, ect... We also have our own line of turbo kits for any of you interested in going to the darkside.
Welcome to the board
Old 07-11-2005, 09:36 PM
On The Tree

Tell John hi and i'll be getting my car up there soon to get tuned
Old 07-11-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Actually I think this is the guy that had a stock L98 running on 18 pounds of boost or something, I recognize his RX7 on the website. If its the same guy he does have quite a bit of experience with tuning at least, I was going to have him tune my 93 with DFI 6.0. The guy is like a God to the ricers around here. But good luck if your the same guy you were hella cool to talk to and were very helpful with my setup!
Old 07-11-2005, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

That's Ralph your talking about Bobby. He also tuned my friends 93 RX7 and got very impressive results with a 1.3 liter rotary!
Old 07-12-2005, 12:20 AM
11 Second Club

what is your going rate for tunning a car on the dyno?
Old 07-12-2005, 02:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CATransam
are you the guys john pham went in with?
Yes, John is one of us now

If you are "just now" getting into the domestic market, why would I choose to bring my LS1 there rather than to a shop who has decades of experience with real racing? What do you offer that I can't get from someone I know and trust with the love of my life (to wit, my Trans Am)?
Well, we're just getting to the domestic "market". That doesn't mean we don't have domestic cars ourselves that we do stuff to. Owner "Ralph" has a 600rwhp Procharged C5 soon to be twin turbo. Other owner "Tamer" owns a couple Stangs. New employee "John Pham" has a 1000+hp LT1 powered RX7. We've worked on domestics, just isn't the usual cars we deal with. That's all going to change

We're known for our 700hp, 10sec street driven Civics. But that doesn't mean we can't work on LS1's

Actually I think this is the guy that had a stock L98 running on 18 pounds of boost or something, I recognize his RX7 on the website. If its the same guy he does have quite a bit of experience with tuning at least, I was going to have him tune my 93 with DFI 6.0. The guy is like a God to the ricers around here. But good luck if your the same guy you were hella cool to talk to and were very helpful with my setup!
Yeah, that was Ralph. He literally has thousands of hours in tuning so he knows his stuff. Yes, he is like a god to the import scene. Brian "tuner/installer" and Ralph together have tuned some of the fastest street cars in the NW.

what is your going rate for tunning a car on the dyno?
$175 for the first hour and $125 for every hour after. That's for tuning w/ all major sensors like wide band O2, fuel pressure, boost, rpm
Old 07-12-2005, 11:42 PM
TECH Addict

Do you guys protest outside the gate at Bangor Submarine Base in Silverdale WA? Maybe thats a different Ground Zero group...
Old 07-13-2005, 12:34 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GroundZero
Yes, John is one of us now

$175 for the first hour and $125 for every hour after. That's for tuning w/ all major sensors like wide band O2, fuel pressure, boost, rpm

so when will you guys be up and going for tunning? do you know how many hours it is from twin falls to portland? also what are some references you guys have for tunning domestics?
Old 07-13-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Regular

From Twin Falls, ID to Portland is approximately 10 hours. I just moved here from Pocatello and that is right around an 11 1/2 hour trip one way. If you seriously want to bring your car up here for dyno tuning, I would recommend Wong's Performance Engineering (tjwong). He too has a mustange dyno and many years of tuning with the LT1 and LS1. JMO
Old 07-13-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Regular

Not to hijack the thread, but Wong's is also $50/hr less. The shop also has all the GM dealer service information and GM dealer programming tools (use to work for dealer and certified). They still have GM dealer connections for parts and accessories as well as great pricing on DFI equipment. No I don't work there, just trying to give information for fair comparison.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the board!! Dont mind the not so freindlys around here they can't help themselves. As far as not hi-jacking the thread you couldnt have jacked it any better. Nice way to welcome someone to town. Whats that name again:

http://www.groundzeromotorsports.com/

I just got my heads today and I have an nx kit to go with it, I'll need some tuning, maybe we can work something out for the lunk heads on here to see some results. God forbid there actualy be more than one tuner in the Portland metro area

I didnt mean to your thread YA OK!~ what exactly did you mean to do then?
Jesus.. I read the replys and realy arent suprised, I've seen this group in action.
http://www.groundzeromotorsports.com/
Dont be offended, they dont know any better and really cant help themselves. They already hate me so

ok and there were really only two lunk heads and one comedian... so the group disparge doesnt apply...
And before anyone gets pissy, I wasnt trying to offend as much as let a couple peeps know that I didnt think they were being that nice. Thats all, not a big deal

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 07-13-2005 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Staging Lane

We are ready to tune now if you have the program to tune. If you dont have the program just give us some heads up time and we will get it for you

Jayson
Ground zero motorsports
AIM Name --groundzerojay77

Last edited by GroundZero; 07-14-2005 at 02:04 PM. Reason: wrong name

Quick Reply: New shop in Oregon you can take your LS1 to