Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Excuse my rudeness. I have deleted my last post... because it was spam/blatant

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Excuse my rudeness. I have deleted my last post... because it was spam/blatant

advertising.

I'd like to introduce myself...

I'm Jin.... I recently purchased my first domestic vehicle... a 2005 Cadillac CTS-V. Pictures below. I absolutely love it...coming off 2 German sedans (both Audi A6s, one of which I still own).... I've gotta admit, I'm loving domestic muscle. I always have, just never thought I'd own one. My favorite muscle car is still a 69 GTO. Someday, I'd love to restore a convertible one... black. mmmmmm. =)

Please excuse my last post for those of you who did see it.

Thanks and Cheers!
Jin

My ride:

Old 07-18-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car you got there! Welcome to the boards...

Jason
Old 07-18-2005, 05:40 PM
TECH Addict

Nice car I need to see your first post though so I can properly flame you
Old 07-18-2005, 05:58 PM
12 Second Club

Nice Ride. Welcome
Old 07-18-2005, 08:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yoboseyo.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:02 PM
10 Second Club

Definately a nice ride. Now you got to take it to the drag strip for some muscle mayhem..............
Old 07-18-2005, 10:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn Nice ride you have there...and the other are not bad either
Old 07-19-2005, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

If only my wife could/would drive a manual that would be my other car. Welcome to the site!
Old 07-19-2005, 10:42 AM
TECH Regular

Now that's more like it. Welcome to the board.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! You will find lots of information here about what makes these motors tick and how to make them faster. But for some reason I just dont see a "mod party" happening with that car. I dont think I could bring myself to tear into that motor. I want one of those things so bad it makes my teeth ache!!

Your screen name is one of my favorite foods LOL! Kimchee
Old 07-19-2005, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

Default Thanks!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

RaceHead... I deleted the post... but it was a post about offering to detail cars and stuffs.

Nata SS ... I hear ya about cracking the motor open. I can't decide what to do. I would like to keep the factory warranty and my dealership (Bellevue Cadillac) says that they will install a magnacharger and any other parts as long as I buy the parts through them and have them installed by them. I can't leave any of my cars alone... I absolutely have to mod them. I have a Corsa exhaust on my car... headers and hi flow cats, intake, ecu reflash and short shifter coming soon. I would love to keep the motor na and do heads, cams, and so forth, but the whine of the maggie is calling my name. Decisions decisions!! =)

And yes I'm Korean and I LOOOOOOOOOOVE KIMCHEE!! =))

THANKS ALL!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:15 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by kimcheejeegae
And yes I'm Korean and I LOOOOOOOOOOVE KIMCHEE!! =))
So am I! Well... at least half anyways. I like kimchee too... the spicier the better!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think you should talk with CHarris about the factory installing superchargers. The cost of the install is damn near what the part itself costs. And to be totally honest with you, I wouldnt want anyone at ANY of the local dealerships touching my car. This area isnt known for its aftermarket knowlege base.

Depending on what your reputation is with the dealer maybe you can work something out where you can drive the install cost down. Since you did just drop a rather large chunk of change with them for a VERY nice car. Another thing to look at would be just doing some basic bolt ons. These motors respond really good to minor bolt ons. You'd be suprised what just having a cut out will do for you. you also need to keep in mind that as HP goes up, reliability goes down (to a certain extent). And that isnt something you want in that "V" car. I would say for now...stick to the bolt ons until the warraty expires. Then you can get ignorant with the motor.

All this kimchee talk is making me hungry, I think I'll get some for lunch. The people in the office HATE it when i get kimchee and a bowl of rice and sit down at my desk. The smell just permiates through the office and most people cant handle it. Alot of them wonder how I can eat it. I just say "its easy, like this (stuffing a huge forkfull in my mouth)".
Old 07-19-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
The people in the office HATE it when i get kimchee and a bowl of rice and sit down at my desk. The smell just permiates through the office and most people cant handle it. Alot of them wonder how I can eat it. I just say "its easy, like this (stuffing a huge forkfull in my mouth)".
My wife hates it when I eat kimchee... I get it a lot whenever we go out for teriyaki. Always get me a nice big side dish of it, and it just tortures her.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:38 PM
10 Second Club

Welcome Jin! Those CTS-Vs are bitchin cars!!! Albeit there is something about them that makes me feel uncomfortable.....like watching a Dodge diesel pick-up run 10s....cool & all that, but just something wrong about GM's performance sedan having a Caddy emblem on it. No dis....VERY cool car! It just hurts that Chevy & Pontiac seem to be getting out of the game.
Old 07-19-2005, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Default i agree...

Originally Posted by WAHUSKER
Welcome Jin! Those CTS-Vs are bitchin cars!!! Albeit there is something about them that makes me feel uncomfortable.....like watching a Dodge diesel pick-up run 10s....cool & all that, but just something wrong about GM's performance sedan having a Caddy emblem on it. No dis....VERY cool car! It just hurts that Chevy & Pontiac seem to be getting out of the game.

I fell out of my chair when I first heard that Cadillac was coming out with a 400 hp LS6 powered sports sedan! But then again, that's what got me off my lazy **** and to the dealerships. =)
Old 07-19-2005, 03:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

OK, I just got back from Bellevue Hummer. They had a black 04 w/ 13K on it. They were silly enough to let me drive it. Its a done deal, once the the house closes. Incredible car. It didnt feel like I was driving a sedan, more like a tall corvette.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:58 PM
Staging Lane

Default when does the house close??

OK, I just got back from Bellevue Hummer. They had a black 04 w/ 13K on it. They were silly enough to let me drive it. Its a done deal, once the the house closes. Incredible car. It didnt feel like I was driving a sedan, more like a tall corvette.

.... wait wait.... are you serious? =)
Old 07-19-2005, 04:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

House closes in about 3 weeks. Once thats done I will activley begin looking for a "V" car.

If I can get into one, the first thing I am doing is finding a shifter that will fix the sloppy factory one. Do you have any idea how hard it is to powershift one of the factory ones?
Old 07-19-2005, 04:21 PM
Staging Lane

Default Oh my..

House closes in about 3 weeks. Once thats done I will activley begin looking for a "V" car.

If I can get into one, the first thing I am doing is finding a shifter that will fix the sloppy factory one. Do you have any idea how hard it is to powershift one of the factory ones?

Yup... I'm on the stock shifter right now.... can't decide which shifter to get.. UUC comes highly recommended. Keep me posted!! I can put you in contact with my sales man at Bellevue Cadillac if you want to take that route. He took very good care of me.... and so does their service department. =)