Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

I'm such a Butt(cop story)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 12:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm such a Butt(cop story)

I was doing burnouts at work.(private property)After showing off to the guys at work I left. Get 3 blocks away red/blues behind me I'm thinking ok i did nothing wrong.

He gets up to the car ask do you know why i pulled you over i said no clue.
He comes off with this attitude says come on you were burning your tires off at the stop sign.I told him nope guess again i was in a parking lot on private property.

He says step out of the car. I said no You have to tell me why first. and doing burn outs in private property is not a valid reason.

He then says I gave you a lawful order step out of the car. I told him to call a sargent as this was harassment.He says you move i will shoot you.

He comes back and asks nicely if he can search the vehicle. I told him no,
I still want the sargent He never left my car this time calls for sargent as says i'm resisting arrest.( ok i can go to jail i need extra money)

Sargent shows up tells me to step out of the car i said why? I never broke a law.

(Knowing cops they will keep this up for hours and in a report it will look justified.)

The sargent says your being arrested for wreckless driving.(good answer)
I said ok and get out of the car.
He ask if he can search the vehicle i told him no.
He said i will go get the drug dogs.
i said good you get them. as you can see my dog is in the back seat.
He ask me to place my hands on the car and cuffs me.
I said ok now how you going to get the dog out of car
He cuffs me from the front i get jezabel and the sargent takes me to the patrol car and stuffs me in it.

The dog shows up and is not doing a damn thing right.

The sargent says what are you hiding in the car tell us and we will go lighter on you.we will tell the prosicutor you cooperated with us.

I said look you and the rookie have a hard on for this i think i want LT Belles
What they didnt know was the LT is one of my best freinds

He shows up get pissed off.Wants to know why i'm ****** with his officers(Sorry it just me)
We talk a bit tell him the whole story.

He told the sargent to go find the rubber marks take pics of them then arrest me.
He found the rubber marks in the parking lot and never found any on the street.

The sargent says ok well i cant arrest him on wreckless but he is hiding something in his car drugs or something.

I said then search the car . He gives me a look from hell
They search the car Under it in the engine compartment,look down the filler on the fuel tank . The Lt says they won't find anything will they. I said nope not at all

He told me to stop playing with his men they had to go bust real cdrooks
I told him teach that stupid rookie proper procedure then.
Ans the sarg need to check stuff out before he sides with the officer.
I told him i took it this far because your rookie had a major un professional attitude. Andc since i know where the line is i had to push it to the max.

I did apologize for For being a jerk it really wasnt right of me.

On the other side i hope those arrogant cops learned a lesson from this.\

I would never try this is another city i would most likely go to jail for it.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

No, cops never harrass people for no good reason
That is so messed up. I hope that morron got his *** handed to him back at the doughnut shop. What a looser. The obvious thing to do would be to go back and look where the tire marks were. Duh!

And just so everyone knows, cops can not make any sort of "take-it-easy-on-him-recomendation" to the prosecutor. That is just a line they use to try to get people to talk. The sad part is that people fall for it.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sounds like you are lucky that you didn't go to jail. Good thing your friend the LT was on Duty..
Old 07-19-2005, 12:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
And just so everyone knows, cops can not make any sort of "take-it-easy-on-him-recomendation" to the prosecutor. That is just a line they use to try to get people to talk. The sad part is that people fall for it.
I cannot tell you the number of times an ADA has called me and asked my opinion on sentencing/deals for a certain case.........it does happen depending on your reputation in the DA's office mostly.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:50 PM
TECH Addict

I have never heard of a time when it mattered in this state. The sentencing guidelines dictate to the prosecutor AND the judge how much time to give. And the "DAs" here all seem to want to make a political name for themselves to "go easier" on anyone. This ain't Cali. California-north perhaps, but not California in the law books.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No, cops never harrass people for no good reason
That is so messed up. I hope that morron got his *** handed to him back at the doughnut shop. What a looser. The obvious thing to do would be to go back and look where the tire marks were. Duh!

The other one is they like to use is if you tell us who did it we will let you go.That one just kills me.

The rookie brought it all on himself too that is why i pressed the buttons to bring him down to earth so to speak.Like my wife just said he most likely got really pissy when i knew the law on how he can perform his duties.
Then they try to find ways around it to bust ya anyways.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:00 PM
Tech Addict

"i gave you a lawful order" "you move and I will shoot you"

jesus christ in a handbasket, what a jackass, so what? if you gave me a lawful order to jump on one leg and pat my head would I have to do that? effin power mad oinkers!
Old 07-19-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Veteran

I have never heard of a time when it mattered in this state. The sentencing guidelines dictate to the prosecutor AND the judge how much time to give. And the "DAs" here all seem to want to make a political name for themselves to "go easier" on anyone. This ain't Cali. California-north perhaps, but not California in the law books.
Not to start an e-arguement but a sentencing guideline is just that, a guideline. Very few crimes have mandatory sentencing laws attached to them in most States. And while this is not California, the game works the same in most places. I know cops in lots of States, this one included, and they can & do make suggestions to DA's when it is appropriate.

Now in Tom's case, "tell us where it is and we will go easier on you" is basically just to see if he is stupid enough to own up to doing anything wrong. But there are times, like when one person gives up an accomplice or admits where the stolen items/narcotics are or whatever, that they will get lighter sentences.

As for "move & I will shoot you" well that is just silly & was a dumb rookie mistake that I hope he doesn't make on someone with nothing to lose or who wants to push his luck.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
He told me to stop playing with his men they had to go bust real cdrooks
I told him teach that stupid rookie proper procedure then.
Sounds like they wouldn't know a "real crook" if they fell over one

I told him i took it this far because your rookie had a major un professional attitude. Andc since i know where the line is i had to push it to the max.

I did apologize for For being a jerk it really wasnt right of me.
eh...sometimes being an asshat isn't ALL bad...

On the other side i hope those arrogant cops learned a lesson from this.
Aw come on! You *know* what goes on in Clark County! The only thing they 'learned' is to keep messing with you even more!

I would never try this is another city i would most likely go to jail for it.
Maybe yes, maybe no.
You wouldn't belive what I told an WSP one night when he pulled me over....and I didn't go to jail (much to my surprise)
Old 07-19-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Not to start an e-arguement but a sentencing guideline is just that, a guideline. Very few crimes have mandatory sentencing laws attached to them in most States. And while this is not California, the game works the same in most places. I know cops in lots of States, this one included, and they can & do make suggestions to DA's when it is appropriate.

Now in Tom's case, "tell us where it is and we will go easier on you" is basically just to see if he is stupid enough to own up to doing anything wrong. But there are times, like when one person gives up an accomplice or admits where the stolen items/narcotics are or whatever, that they will get lighter sentences.

As for "move & I will shoot you" well that is just silly & was a dumb rookie mistake that I hope he doesn't make on someone with nothing to lose or who wants to push his luck.
Do you know how many times that is used around here...I have heard senior cops use that line as a intimidation factor.Your word against theirs my guess his T/A said it a time or two But any GOOD cop would not say that to flex their muscles..

COPS with hard on's for power suck. 1 out of 10 cops are bad IMHO

Sorry rott if you take anything personal I just base my opinion on the cops i have personaly dealt with and been trained by. I'm glad i'm out of that line of work The stress changed me into a big fat *****...Now i'm almost normal I can see that people are not all bad. I was never a cop persey(Never showed up for my first day on the job long story)
Old 07-19-2005, 03:20 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
Do you know how many times that is used around here...I have heard senior cops use that line as a intimidation factor.Your word against theirs my guess his T/A said it a time or two But any GOOD cop would not say that to flex their muscles..

COPS with hard on's for power suck. 1 out of 10 cops are bad IMHO

Sorry rott if you take anything personal I just base my opinion on the cops i have personaly dealt with and been trained by. I'm glad i'm out of that line of work The stress changed me into a big fat *****...Now i'm almost normal I can see that people are not all bad. I was never a cop persey(Never showed up for my first day on the job long story)
All I can tell ya is that THE ONLY time I ever uttered anything remotely close to that was when my gun was out and I WOULD have shot the sumbitch for moving.......and would have been 150% justified.

It sux that it seems you have some shitty cops in your area, but sadly, working in the boonies (didn't you say you live kinda waaaay out there?) is NOT a good training ground for that line of work. Too much politics, not enough real police work to be done.........or gets done.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:43 PM
TECH Addict

I am not trying to get in an argument. I will concede. I was thinking of something else and was too quick to jump on the keyboard. I was thinking of deals. Only the DA has that "ability." But that is for another post and another time.
Old 07-19-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Veteran

I am not trying to get in an argument. I will concede. I was thinking of something else and was too quick to jump on the keyboard. I was thinking of deals. Only the DA has that "ability." But that is for another post and another time.
No worries bud. I know you are kewl. We all do the "type first, think later" routine now & again. I wasn't taking it personal, just trying to help point things out........abstractly.

And yes, only the DA can actually MAKE the offers/deals.........us peons (AKA effin power mad oinkers ) can only suggest or beg for our voices 2 be heard.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:18 PM
Loves to change spark plugs

Yah, I've pushed it a few times myself. My wife was sure I was going to go to jail once - scared the pee out of her because she's been there (as a minor - runaway) and does not under any circumstances want to go back.
One time I nearly hit a guy because of a cop (Clackamas County Sheriff Deputy) who I would say was showing off for the Cadet riding along. Before it was over I was daring him to arrest me or write a ticket. Then I burned them off when I left. Stupid, but damn I was pissed. If I'd been the drunk driver he thought I was his games would likely have left a pedestrian dead.
My problem is I do not take kindly to BS, especially from "authority" types. There are some really bad cops down here, but fortunately only a few. Things have cleaned up in Clackamas since then, too. If we paid them enough they would have the time to be better.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That was an awesome story man, Im impressed!
Old 07-19-2005, 05:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Personally, I am still waiting for Tom to call on himself again like with the losing a race story a week or 3 ago.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Personally, I am still waiting for Tom to call on himself again like with the losing a race story a week or 3 ago.
Ditto
Old 07-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

No worries bud. I know you are kewl. We all do the "type first, think later" routine now & again. I wasn't taking it personal, just trying to help point things out........abstractly.

And yes, only the DA can actually MAKE the offers/deals.........us peons (AKA effin power mad oinkers ) can only suggest or beg for our voices 2 be heard.
hey buddy, we've been through this already, a long time ago. you are the exception to the rule. ya nice cop you!
Old 07-19-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Rokko
hey buddy, we've been through this already, a long time ago. you are the exception to the rule. ya nice cop you!
Oh I know, hence why I repeated it...cuz I like to make fun of myself and the rest of the pigs out there & I knew u weren't referring to lil ole me.

****, when I was working, if we were driving by ANY Agency's patrol car on a traffic stop or pedestrian stop, we would get on the PA system and yell "OINK OINK" into it as we drove by.......
Old 07-19-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Noticde the missing lines of **** like my last story...This did happen the only thing that may or not have been correct was the dope sniffing dog..I don't know how they act while sniffing **** out...I just said they did not do a damn thing right.they sure looked likje bozo's
they may have been perfecdt sniffs never saw a dog perform.

Quick Reply: I'm such a Butt(cop story)