Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

It's official: BPM WS6 is coming home!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 07:43 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default It's official: BPM WS6 is coming home!!

I got my settlement check today, gonna deposit it tomorrow, and should have the car on it's way back to Seattle by the end of the month.

I'm so happy right now I could pee myself.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
I got my settlement check today, gonna deposit it tomorrow, and should have the car on it's way back to Seattle by the end of the month.

I'm so happy right now I could pee myself.
Where did it go?
Old 10-21-2005, 07:59 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by 00Vette
Where did it go?
It didn't go anywhere... it's in Wisconsin. I put a deposit on it at the beginning of the month to hold it so that I could buy it when my settlement arrived... providing the amount was enough.

And I got my check today... the amount was enough. I'm paying it off next week, and will be making arrangements to ship it back to Seattle.

No payments, baby... it's mine all mine!!
Old 10-21-2005, 11:47 PM
TECH Addict

I still say I will bring it back for you
Old 10-22-2005, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Saw your post on LS2 on your settlement check. Like getting a free car!
Old 10-22-2005, 06:23 AM
10 Second Club

It didn't go anywhere... it's in Wisconsin. I put a deposit on it at the beginning of the month to hold it so that I could buy it when my settlement arrived... providing the amount was enough.

And I got my check today... the amount was enough. I'm paying it off next week, and will be making arrangements to ship it back to Seattle.

No payments, baby... it's mine all mine!!
Must be nice to have your car and have it paid for. I got a little over a year left before my car is paid for.
Old 10-22-2005, 06:23 AM
10 Second Club

Forgot to say congratulations.............
Old 10-22-2005, 09:35 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Must be nice to have your car and have it paid for. I got a little over a year left before my car is paid for.
Yeah, it's nice. My Formula is paid off, too... so that makes it even sweeter.

Now if I could just do the same with my pickup.

I've always wanted a 6-speed F-body, but never owned one because I want an automatic at the drag strip... now I can have the best of both worlds.. it's funny because the two cars are exact opposites on options...

Formula / Trans Am
A4 / M6
Standard / WS6
Cloth / Leather
Hardtop / T-top
Modified / Stock

So now this will change my mod plans for the Formula, and I am going to be a little more aggressive towards modding it for the drag strip.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:45 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by RicksWS6
Saw your post on LS2 on your settlement check. Like getting a free car!
Yeah... what's kind of cool about it is that I had to give up my first Trans Am because I was gonna get laid off when I was working at Microsoft.

Now they just gave me one back.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:47 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah, it's nice. My Formula is paid off, too... so that makes it even sweeter.

Now if I could just do the same with my pickup.

I've always wanted a 6-speed F-body, but never owned one because I want an automatic at the drag strip... now I can have the best of both worlds.. it's funny because the two cars are exact opposites on options...

Formula / Trans Am
A4 / M6
Standard / WS6
Cloth / Leather
Hardtop / T-top
Modified / Stock

So now this will change my mod plans for the Formula, and I am going to be a little more aggressive towards modding it for the drag strip.
That really awesome..........I'd love to have an LS1 I can hop up for the drag strip and another to just cruise around. That's what you now have. Man I'm jelous......
Old 10-22-2005, 10:30 AM
teh PuRpL3z

The hardest part is going to be resisting the urge to mod the WS6. I already have a few parts that I have to revert back to stock if I want to show it as "stock". Fortunately, most of those parts I can steal from my Formula.. as I intended on taking them off / modding them anyway.

Can't wait to get rid of those gawd awful purple calipers.

Last edited by DrEvyl; 10-22-2005 at 10:36 AM.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:53 AM
10 Second Club

The hardest part is going to be resisting the urge to mod the WS6. I already have a few parts that I have to revert back to stock if I want to show it as "stock". Fortunately, most of those parts I can steal from my Formula.. as I intended on taking them off / modding them anyway.

Can't wait to get rid of those gawd awful purple calipers.
I don't know what your overall plans are, but If I had the money and were in your shoes (2 cars), I'd lightly mod the street car (M6) with bolt ons, etc., and build a trailored race car with the A4.

Ultimately that's what my long term goals are.............just don't have the money to support it yet.

I was thinking about one day buying a fox body and building a drag car, and keeping the Vette to drive or maybe saving up and getting a new vette and turning my current vette into a race car. Thats a long long says away though, if ever.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:25 AM
teh PuRpL3z

I want to show the WS6, so my plans are to revert it back to bone stock showroom condition. Right now this means I'd have to swap the brake calipers, replace the entire exahust system from the y-pipe back, replace many of the interior panels and the seat covers. Probably will have to do some minor work on the paint.

I really don't want to get into mods on it, because I know how I am with that ****... "mild" mods will turn into big dollars real quick.

The Formula.. I'm not ready to trailer it yet, because I don't have a vehicle to tow it or a trailer. So I'm still going to have to be able to drive it to the track... which does limit my options at least a little. All I am really shooting for with it is low 12's to high 11's. I don't want to put a cage in it, I think it is too rare of a car to be doing that to it.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

I want to show the WS6, so my plans are to revert it back to bone stock showroom condition. Right now this means I'd have to swap the brake calipers, replace the entire exahust system from the y-pipe back, replace many of the interior panels and the seat covers. Probably will have to do some minor work on the paint.

I really don't want to get into mods on it, because I know how I am with that ****... "mild" mods will turn into big dollars real quick.

The Formula.. I'm not ready to trailer it yet, because I don't have a vehicle to tow it or a trailer. So I'm still going to have to be able to drive it to the track... which does limit my options at least a little. All I am really shooting for with it is low 12's to high 11's. I don't want to put a cage in it, I think it is too rare of a car to be doing that to it.
Those are nice plans.........I must admit! I didn't think of showing a stock car. That sounds like a whole lot of fun. My wife did a full body off stock resto on a 69 volkswagon bug......down to the factory am radio. It was beautiful for a bug (not a fan of them). She won tons of awards/trophies. Then she sold it for a pretty penny. She bitches and moans about selling that car to this day.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:40 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Those are nice plans.........I must admit! I didn't think of showing a stock car. That sounds like a whole lot of fun. My wife did a full body off stock resto on a 69 volkswagon bug......down to the factory am radio. It was beautiful for a bug (not a fan of them). She won tons of awards/trophies. Then she sold it for a pretty penny. She bitches and moans about selling that car to this day.
Funny, I did that with a '61 Beetle, and a '66 Beetle. The '61 didn't even have a radio or a gas gauge (it wasn't ordered with them).

I've considered doing some mild mods on the WS6, but at some of the shows I want to take it to, I would fare much better in the "stock" class. Less competition. Most people who have a F-body modify it, so it leaves the stock classes pretty wide open... and I want to win lots of trophies.

A garage remodel is next on my agenda, and I am planning on building a trophy case in it.. I don't want it to be empty.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:21 PM
10 Second Club

Funny, I did that with a '61 Beetle, and a '66 Beetle. The '61 didn't even have a radio or a gas gauge (it wasn't ordered with them).

I've considered doing some mild mods on the WS6, but at some of the shows I want to take it to, I would fare much better in the "stock" class. Less competition. Most people who have a F-body modify it, so it leaves the stock classes pretty wide open... and I want to win lots of trophies.

A garage remodel is next on my agenda, and I am planning on building a trophy case in it.. I don't want it to be empty.
No offense here............but you restored 2 bugs? I got to give you credit where credit is due! Thats cool I must say, but man I hate those cars. So underpowered and retarded looking (IMO). I understand what they were built for and all. I just think they are so stupid. I drove my wifes a couple of times and the brakes sucked *****, no FM radio, the heater was a pull similar to the e-brake in our cars. I just hated that thing. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some nice restored bugs and some super fast bugs that would put me to shame. I just don't have that passion for them. Now f-bodies and Vettes........
Old 10-22-2005, 12:25 PM
10 Second Club

Speaking of your cars...........which is the more upgraded/powerful model? The WS6 or the Formula. I know you could get them both together (my buddy has a green LT1 formula WS6). But I thought the newer (LS1's) cars came in the WS6, formula or just the basic T/A? Not so sure though. The Camaro came with the RS, Z28, and the SS (a couple different ones).
Old 10-22-2005, 01:04 PM
teh PuRpL3z

No offense here............but you restored 2 bugs? I got to give you credit where credit is due!
No, I didn't restore 2 Bugs... Actually, I restored / modified 7 of them.

I'm very big into Beetles... I sold my last one (a '69) in 1996.

Thats cool I must say, but man I hate those cars. So underpowered and retarded looking (IMO). I understand what they were built for and all. I just think they are so stupid. I drove my wifes a couple of times and the brakes sucked *****, no FM radio, the heater was a pull similar to the e-brake in our cars. I just hated that thing. Don't get me wrong, I have seen some nice restored bugs and some super fast bugs that would put me to shame. I just don't have that passion for them. Now f-bodies and Vettes........
Well, I guess you have to understand my background... My dad worked for VW from before the time I was born, until 1975. I grew up around VW in their heyday. My dad worked on the pit crew of a guy that drove a Beetle as an oval track racer.. he used to take me to races all the time. I used to go to the dealer with him on weekends just to be in the shop... and I'd make money sweeping the shop floors. VWs were a big part of my life for a very long time.

Yes, they are dumb looking, cheaply made, quirky, weird little cars. The heaters in them suck. They're slow as **** in stock trim... But they're ridiculously simple.. very easy to work on... and you can drive them to the point that they are literally falling apart and they'll keep running... and when you do modify them... you can make them CRAZY fast for not a lot of money.

The '72 I had was nuts... Very fast little car. It's like driving a beer can with a rocket strapped to it.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:08 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Speaking of your cars...........which is the more upgraded/powerful model? The WS6 or the Formula. I know you could get them both together (my buddy has a green LT1 formula WS6).
Stock versus stock, the WS6 is the more powerful model. '98 Formulas were rated at 305 hp, '98 WS6s were 320 hp. It all comes from a more free flowing exhaust on the WS6.

But I thought the newer (LS1's) cars came in the WS6, formula or just the basic T/A? Not so sure though. The Camaro came with the RS, Z28, and the SS (a couple different ones).
WS6 is an option package you could add to a Formula or Trans Am. It was the 17" wheels, the hood, a slightly different airbox, power steering cooler, upgraded exhaust, and an upgraded suspension.

So the possible combinations for LS1 Firebirds go like this...

Formula
Trans Am
Formula WS6 ('98-'00)
Trans Am WS6
Formula Firehawk ('99-'02)
Trans Am Firehawk ('99-'02)
Old 10-22-2005, 01:10 PM
10 Second Club

No, I didn't restore 2 Bugs... Actually, I restored / modified 7 of them.

I'm very big into Beetles... I sold my last one (a '69) in 1996.

Well, I guess you have to understand my background... My dad worked for VW from before the time I was born, until 1975. I grew up around VW in their heyday. My dad worked on the pit crew of a guy that drove a Beetle as an oval track racer.. he used to take me to races all the time. I used to go to the dealer with him on weekends just to be in the shop... and I'd make money sweeping the shop floors. VWs were a big part of my life for a very long time.

Yes, they are dumb looking, cheaply made, quirky, weird little cars. The heaters in them suck. They're slow as **** in stock trim... But they're ridiculously simple.. very easy to work on... and you can drive them to the point that they are literally falling apart and they'll keep running... and when you do modify them... you can make them CRAZY fast for not a lot of money.

The '72 I had was nuts... Very fast little car. It's like driving a beer can with a rocket strapped to it.
That's pretty cool................I respect that.

You and my wife would get along very very well. She has some mags she saved with articles featuring her car. When the money situation gets better, she wants to get another one. She's been dreaming of some of the bugs on mambo.com or mamba something like that. I want her to have one again, we just have to pay off some bills first.