Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

dont let this happen to you or someone you love!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default dont let this happen to you or someone you love!

sad but true, people shouldnt be dying over this stuff!

http://www.alternet.org/drugreporter/27841/
Old 11-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Addict

what a joke. the laws in this country pertaining to marijuana are ****** pathetic. and that judge should be shot.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Launching!

I made the mistake of posting this in the racers lounge.
I was attacked and made out to look like a pot head lol
I dont even smoke the stuff.

I was feeling really sorry for that guy dying in jail like that.
In my experience having family/friends die from cancer, having pot made life allot easier for them before they passed. especially the food and appetite part.
Old 11-14-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

I don't know if that story is true. I think the jail would refuse to accept him. If it did happen than you can bet there would be a lawsuit.
As for marijuana, I say legalize it. Make it a controlled narcotic like morphine and oxycontin. There would still be abuse, but those that would benefit from it could get it legally. If it was legal it could be studied as other meds are for benefits and risks and dosage could be standardized.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:48 AM
TECH Addict

It has been legalized in this state for medical use.

That being stated, I will say that I have NEVER smoked it and don't ever want to.

I will also state my opinion that EVERY judge should have to serve a year in jail before ever being allowed to sit on the bench just so they really know first hand what they are sentencing people to.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:20 AM
10 Second Club

What an idiot! The next day that judge probably turned a rapist / killer loose because the arresting cop bounced his head off the jail cell door. The laws in this country have taken a bad turn. What happened to common sense?

Another thing legalizing pot would do is to regulate it's manufacturing process. One problem with it is that people add some pretty nasty **** to it to get a super buzz. Street drugs are dangerous, plain & simple. And no, I do not smoke the stuff.

My aunt did however in her final stages of cancer & it made her much more comfortable. I am sure a lot of our legislatures would take issue with that. But my dad got IV morphiene in his last days, which is much stronger & very addictive. But if you are dying, who gives a $hit if you become an addict? Take whatever you need to not hurt....
Old 11-15-2005, 11:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ben the people who attacked you are probably the same people who keep this law rolling along in blindness!

There are SO many more merits to Hemp/Canaibis then the medical benifits. There was some good information in the reply's at the bottom of that story. The BIGGEST reasons it is still illegal are the investments in Opients(sp) and cotten products.

Until those industry's open there eye's to the potential bottem line in there pockets it will never come to be.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Tech Addict

Weed isn't any worse than alcohol. I can't wait until people my age are running this country. A lot of the bullshit laws will be changing.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by howierd42
It has been legalized in this state for medical use.

That being stated, I will say that I have NEVER smoked it and don't ever want to.

I will also state my opinion that EVERY judge should have to serve a year in jail before ever being allowed to sit on the bench just so they really know first hand what they are sentencing people to.
Howard.......it has been legalized here for prescription ONLY (IIRC), as it was in Cali a few years back BUT State law does NOT supercede Federal Law and it is still illegal under Federal Law........that being said, the DEA came out and said that ANY Doctor found to have prescribed it will lose their license to prescribe ANY medications and more then likely, lose their license to practice medicine period. Not too many Dr's are going to take that chance & risk their livelihood. So here, as in Cali and other States, it is legal to prescribe/obtain via prescription, but nothing has changed. You can still be arrested for having it, smoking it, selling it, etc.

As for the idea that a judge spend ANY amount of time in jail, sorry dude but that is ludacris. Do you have any idea what happens to cops/lawyers/judges/politicians/etc who go to jail or prison? They have to be kept in solitary for their own safety & that only works about half the time. That kinda alleviates any way for them to "find out first hand" what jail is like. There is a price on the head of any cop or judge or similar who ends up in jail........and if spending a year or a month or a week was a requirement to becoming a judge, we wouldn't have any, period.

I understand the point you want to make, but it just is not practical let alone realistic. Besides, jail is punishment, why should a law enforcer (in this case a judge) have to be punished as a precursor to doing their job? Jail is supposed to be unpleasent, but it can't be THAT bad overall** since repeat offenders are the most common person cops arrest.........

** Yes, there are horror stories and awful places to be locked up but on the average, jail is a place for people to get 3 free meals, dental, medical and a roof over their heads......I have arrested tons of people who said they don't mind going back one bit. For some, it is the only life they know. I realize that isn't the case of this particular incident, but this is an extremely unusual case and remember, we are only getting one side of it, the side the biased and liberal (anti govt/police/"the system") media is giving us. Just remember, there are 3 sides to every story.......mine, yours and the truth (not you or I specifically).
Old 11-15-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rottluver
Howard.......it has been legalized here for prescription ONLY (IIRC), as it was in Cali a few years back BUT State law does NOT supercede Federal Law and it is still illegal under Federal Law........that being said, the DEA came out and said that ANY Doctor found to have prescribed it will lose their license to prescribe ANY medications and more then likely, lose their license to practice medicine period. Not too many Dr's are going to take that chance & risk their livelihood. So here, as in Cali and other States, it is legal to prescribe/obtain via prescription, but nothing has changed. You can still be arrested for having it, smoking it, selling it, etc.
There will be no comprehensive studies done on the medical risks versus benefit until the federal government makes it a legally obtainable prescription drug. They could make it a Schedule II drug with strict prescription controls. Then drug companies might see a profit in researching it. Federal grants would be possible and we would have a chance of getting a fuller picture of it's properties. Right now the only research sanctioned is on it's negative properties. All drugs have risks. The only way to know when and for what and who do the benefits outweigh the risks is to do unbiased research and that isn't possible with it being a strictly federaly illegal drug.
That of course would not change the street use of it, but at least those who would benefit medically from it could get it without the moral dilemma of being a "bad" person.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VIKING
There will be no comprehensive studies done on the medical risks versus benefit until the federal government makes it a legally obtainable prescription drug. They could make it a Schedule II drug with strict prescription controls. Then drug companies might see a profit in researching it. Federal grants would be possible and we would have a chance of getting a fuller picture of it's properties. Right now the only research sanctioned is on it's negative properties. All drugs have risks. The only way to know when and for what and who do the benefits outweigh the risks is to do unbiased research and that isn't possible with it being a strictly federaly illegal drug.
That of course would not change the street use of it, but at least those who would benefit medically from it could get it without the moral dilemma of being a "bad" person.

Thank you Nurse. So many refuse to look at the other side of the coin
Old 11-15-2005, 07:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My oldest brother had a huge battle with cancer about 3 years ago. He didn't have any appetite, and couldn't keep the food down that he did manage to eat. They gave him every drug on the market trying to combat this VERY common problem, but nothing they had worked for him. We thought he was going to die. I ran right out and bought him a big 'ole bag of pot. Ya know what ? I couldn't possibly care less that it was illegal for me to buy, nor for him to smoke. IMO it helped to save his life and the laws in this country can kiss my lilly white xxx

BTW I haven't smoked any pot in about 10 years, but I smoked my share in the past. Still don't know why they spend a single $ trying to prosecute people who do ??
Old 11-15-2005, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

C'mon Bill, tell us how you really feel.....

Linda made another good point, TOO many cancer patients won't take any drug because they feel it's "bad". See what we have done? Linda's dad felt like $hit for a couple years because of this.....feel better now? People need to get over stuff like this. It is NOT accomplishing what they intend it to, because any of us can go buy some any day in any city. Unless of course you are dying from cancer.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that judge is an idiot....medical weed should be given to people that could benefit from it....its TOO easy to get medical weed especially in california...the funny thing is, im 17 and it is 100x easier to get some bud than it is to get alcohol...and thats kinda sad...if weed is legalized i dont see it being very positive..all i see is kids my age smoking and abusing it more and more. my generation will be pretty much retarded by the age of 30. i smoke weed and have become a lot better with my habbits...i am slowing down because it doesnt do anything but empty your pockets/bank. weed is stupid...
Old 11-16-2005, 10:31 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by VIKING
I don't disagree with that......I was just offering up some clarification on what Howard mentioned.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Red Cell
I made the mistake of posting this in the racers lounge.
I was attacked and made out to look like a pot head lol
I dont even smoke the stuff.

I was feeling really sorry for that guy dying in jail like that.
In my experience having family/friends die from cancer, having pot made life allot easier for them before they passed. especially the food and appetite part.
You smoke that tweed? Huh........you a doper?............LOL, J/K!

That dudes mother should get some serious cash..........what kind of moron would put someone in his condition in jail? What was he going to do, run from them? That was way fucked up...........