Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

2010 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2010 Camaro

It is official. GMHTP reports in this month's issue that GM gave the concept a go. It does not sound like it will be hitting the streets anytime sooner than '09 or '10 with coupe production the first year followed by a convertible the next.
Old 04-20-2006, 11:24 PM
On The Tree

Time to start savin!
Old 04-21-2006, 02:10 AM
10 Second Club

I may just buy one as a daily driver depending on my financial situation at the time. If I can get a Camaro, I'll turn the Vette into a trailored Drag car.

Isn't that supposed to be the other way around???
Old 04-21-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HMMM that may fall perfectly into my plans.....I am having a hard time with 4 cars as my next car. The vert is almost paid for and I have too much money into it to sell it. So I'm thinking until the new Z comes out I can just mod it have a pretty quick\nice toy then do one of the following.

Buy a 04 Z06 transfer mods like H/C and nitrous
Trailblazer SS
New Camaro
E46 M3 (yes screw you very much Mikey for that idea)

All four have there merits, if I went the trailblazer or M3 I'd do it alot sooner like the winter after next...

But 2010 for the second model year would be something to shoot for and keep me away from anything else!!! I've gone through the cars lately1
Old 04-21-2006, 08:18 AM
TECH Resident

i dont know how much stock id put into GMHT, theyve made false statements before, however still an interesting read usually
Old 04-21-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Veteran

I ain't holding my breath for anything till I see em in the GM showrooms or GM makes a firm commitment to building them. BUT, that being said, if they do build em, I am waiting until the 2nd or 3rd year so they can get all the bugs worked out and so I don't spend half my time taking it in for warranty work to get the kinks out.

No offense to anyone who wants one of the first, that has it merits too.....and I will be drooling over your car/s for that first year or two. But I am just a firm believer in waiting until a year or 2 has gone by before I buy any new products......cars, electronics, etc.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well Howard the OFFCIAL statement from GM has not been released yet.

Magazines have over stepped themselves several times about the Camaro & when it is suppose to be produced & what is suppose to look at.

Scott Settlemire would have posted it on several of the websites including this one if it would have been true but He hasnt. Not only that but it would have been on Cheers & Gears or on Fastlane Blog ( a bob lutz site lol)
Old 04-21-2006, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My car/durango will be paid off this yr unless i go mod crazy i'm dumping those payments into a saving account for it.

I really like the red one..and i hate reds go figure
Old 04-21-2006, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cephiros
i dont know how much stock id put into GMHT, theyve made false statements before, however still an interesting read usually
I read a bunch of articles last night i guess every place is confiming the release is 2010 instead of 2009..I hope Gm does not go bankrupt in the mean time ;(
Old 04-21-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I ain't holding my breath for anything till I see em in the GM showrooms or GM makes a firm commitment to building them. BUT, that being said, if they do build em, I am waiting until the 2nd or 3rd year so they can get all the bugs worked out and so I don't spend half my time taking it in for warranty work to get the kinks out.

No offense to anyone who wants one of the first, that has it merits too.....and I will be drooling over your car/s for that first year or two. But I am just a firm believer in waiting until a year or 2 has gone by before I buy any new products......cars, electronics, etc.
you got a good point rott....Hell i have to admit i drool over your car so i guess if i get one it would be fair for you to drool over mine.

god i feel like a posting ***** today 6 months no post now i'm going crazy on every forum lol

so rott you wanna get together on wed when I come over maybe hooters or something ??
Old 04-21-2006, 12:07 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by slowpokez28
I read a bunch of articles last night i guess every place is confiming the release is 2010 instead of 2009..I hope Gm does not go bankrupt in the mean time ;(
And it wasn't that long ago that everyone was saying it would be a 2007 release.
Originally Posted by slowpokez28
you got a good point rott....Hell i have to admit i drool over your car so i guess if i get one it would be fair for you to drool over mine.
so rott you wanna get together on wed when I come over maybe hooters or something ??
Ask me again a little bit closer to the day....i am going to PT 2-3x a week now plus 2 other Dr's appts every other week or so and my lil pup just had surgery (her baby making parts came out) and she isn't recovering all that well......so it would be hard to say for sure Yes right now........try me next week ok?
Old 04-21-2006, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And it wasn't that long ago that everyone was saying it would be a 2007 release.

Ask me again a little bit closer to the day....i am going to PT 2-3x a week now plus 2 other Dr's appts every other week or so and my lil pup just had surgery (her baby making parts came out) and she isn't recovering all that well......so it would be hard to say for sure Yes right now........try me next week ok?
sure we will try for it i'm comming over strictly for my car. it needs some love..we will see how long we are toying with it.
it hasnt worked out the last 4 times we tried to hook up...of course that was my fault.
Old 04-21-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Cephiros
Hey Cephiros - that pic looks almost like the Hurst package... That the look you going for?

Can't go wrong with gold stripes in any case!
Old 04-21-2006, 09:27 PM
Pathological Modifier

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by krazzycowgirl
Well Howard the OFFCIAL statement from GM has not been released yet.

Magazines have over stepped themselves several times about the Camaro & when it is suppose to be produced & what is suppose to look at.

Scott Settlemire would have posted it on several of the websites including this one if it would have been true but He hasnt. Not only that but it would have been on Cheers & Gears or on Fastlane Blog ( a bob lutz site lol)

I thought you said you were going to stop posting here?
Old 04-21-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SeaHawk
Hey Cephiros - that pic looks almost like the Hurst package... That the look you going for?

Can't go wrong with gold stripes in any case!
possably what the owner before me was going for(even had a borla on it), however i had no interest in the hurst package so much as i miss the good ol gold/black ta tradition

the engine bay highlights and calipurs were red when i got it black gold polished alimunum and red?
first thing i fixed
however i agree, love the black adn gold :-D
Old 04-22-2006, 02:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ryan K
I thought you said you were going to stop posting here?
She did, for like 5 minutes.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

She did, for like 5 minutes.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Veteran