Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Rainy Saturday = Zaino day

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rainy Saturday = Zaino day

I'm amazed every time I use this product.

Step 1 - Clay bar

Step 2 - ZFX (done with Z-5, their anti swirl product)

Step 3 - Z-2, their high optics product

Step 5 - Z-5 spray

The Z-5 looks like water and you spray a mist over the car and wipe it off right away before it dries. This thing friggin ROCKS. I was like yeah, it looks nice -- just before this last step -- but when I applied Z-5.... BANG the shine came to life like magic.

My 13 watt service light is facing the wall behind me on the 1st pic, look at that wet looking shine under those crappy light conditions.... The second pic is bad 'cause the yellowish 60w bulb in my garage.

I used the powerball and mother's aluminum polish on the wheels.

Rick now I can park close to your always shiny Formy...
Attached Thumbnails Rainy Saturday = Zaino day-side-01.jpg   Rainy Saturday = Zaino day-hood-01.jpg  

Last edited by WS6freak; 04-29-2006 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:22 AM
TECH Veteran

I haven't ordered the ZFX, doubt it would have gotten the scratches out of the T/A (massive from a black dd). I toasted a full claybar on it before it got cold today - this is one of those week long detail jobs where even with cure additive I let it sit a full 24 hours between layers.

The Mothers powerball is something I've been thinking about picking up. The rims look great and it wouldn't take forever to make them shine up
Old 04-30-2006, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

your car is beautiful man...its simply amazing. yeah i washed my car on friday......oh then on saturday....the rain pissed on my car ALL DAY
Old 04-30-2006, 03:41 PM
11 Second Club

Where do you get the Zaino products and what kind of prices are on them? I used to use Griots products when I lived in Puyallup and loved them, but I have been really impressed with Zaino. With Griots right there in Tacoma I could zip over and pick up what I needed. Now that I have to order the stuff, I thought about trying something new.
Old 04-30-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Veteran

You have to order Zaino too.

www.zainostore.com
Old 05-01-2006, 02:06 AM
TECH Addict

That looks really good, Nick. Are you going to be showing that thing with us this summer?
Old 05-01-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

I don't think it is show-quality. It looks nice and clean but it's far away from being like yours or Doug's.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by WS6freak
I don't think it is show-quality. It looks nice and clean but it's far away from being like yours or Doug's.
Just park next to my car, yours will look like the most pristine, top-quality show car around.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:04 PM
11 Second Club

So if I wanted a complete set of products to do what you did, what would I need? I have a Porter Cable buffer with foam pads for application from Griots. When I used Griots, I completed my car in this order:
Clay Bar
Machine Polish/Swirl Remover
Wax

I would apply the polish and wax with the buffer and remove it by hand. What products would I need for this same process from Zaino? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Resident

Zaino isn't a wax. It's a polymer that works in steps. You will not use any power tools with Zaino. Gotta use elbow grease but Zaino is actually really easy to apply. You can do half of the engine hood with a dime-size drop of the product. The secret is to have the car squeaky clean *before* applying it -- hence the clay bar.

What you need to do something similar to what you're currently doing is the Zaino Kit. I have mine for more than a year now - it lasts. The Zaino Kit not only comes with the products for the body, it comes with high quality tire shine and a 2 step thing called "Leather in a bottle" that makes your car smell like new again (if you have leather seats). I think the Zaino Kit goes for just over a $100 and it is worth every penny IMO.

You *have* to follow the instructions. No shortcuts. It pays off.
Old 05-02-2006, 01:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Zaino isn't a wax. It's a polymer that works in steps. You will not use any power tools with Zaino. Gotta use elbow grease but Zaino is actually really easy to apply. You can do half of the engine hood with a dime-size drop of the product. The secret is to have the car squeaky clean *before* applying it -- hence the clay bar.

What you need to do something similar to what you're currently doing is the Zaino Kit. I have mine for more than a year now - it lasts. The Zaino Kit not only comes with the products for the body, it comes with high quality tire shine and a 2 step thing called "Leather in a bottle" that makes your car smell like new again (if you have leather seats). I think the Zaino Kit goes for just over a $100 and it is worth every penny IMO.

You *have* to follow the instructions. No shortcuts. It pays off.
oooops.....I need to order that too. The interior of the T/A is leather though I've been using Maguiers.

The layer part is why I like to have a full week to Zaino a car. The dd's have held up since April of last year because I let it 'cure' between Z5, Z2, Z6 then Z2 & Z6. After 4 cars of getting this treatment I still have plenty left and the Acrylic cleaner/polisher just rocks!

One thing you break habit of: swirling it on. Zaino goes on with straight strokes and you don't need gobs of it to put a layer on. The cure additive allows for colder weather but still dry to remove it very easily. I don't mind the elbow grease, feels like I can control where it goes on and comes off far better than using a Porter.

Cracked me up when Ram-it ran his hand down the quarter panel of the Z28 and hollered to Santa "When is the last time you felt paint like this!"
Old 05-06-2006, 02:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GEARHED
Cracked me up when Ram-it ran his hand down the quarter panel of the Z28 and hollered to Santa "When is the last time you felt paint like this!"
HAHA... I can imagine those two looking like
Old 05-07-2006, 06:31 PM
TECH Veteran

HAHA... I can imagine those two looking like
Naw, they only look like Skrat when they are at Hooters
Old 05-07-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
So if I wanted a complete set of products to do what you did, what would I need? I have a Porter Cable buffer with foam pads for application from Griots. When I used Griots, I completed my car in this order:
Clay Bar
Machine Polish/Swirl Remover
Wax

I would apply the polish and wax with the buffer and remove it by hand. What products would I need for this same process from Zaino? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Up until the wax you would do the same thing. the bar machine polish swirl remover is all prep work. Which is really the biggest part of the job. The Zaino is the top coat.

I believe you would need Z6 and Z2 and ZFX. I can't remember what the top coat is Z5 maybe.....

Anyways finish your prep then Z6 then Z2 then Z6 then Z2 then Z6. At this point the car will look pimp as hell maybe even just two coats then finish it with the topper and the Z6. Zaino is completely clear and goes on and off very easy.

Really though NXT can get you similar results it just doesn't hold up near as well. I use NXT on my DD and Zaino on the toys.

Quick Reply: Rainy Saturday = Zaino day