The Nelson harness and PCM arrived today
Old 05-09-2006, 04:24 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

hey do you still have that 454?
Old 05-09-2006, 08:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So bring that bitch out already! Or at least show up to BS with us......low life.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I sent you more good news
Old 05-09-2006, 10:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for that news Ellis

The car is still a little ways from running. I need to:

1. Splice in the transmission control section of the wireharness. I went with a engine control only harness to keep costs down. So... that will take a little time.

2. I still have to receive the heads... but thats coming quickly too.

3. Extend the 5 wire maf section of the harness ... the Vette orientation puts it more than 12 farther forward than any other configuration. I neglected to mention that I was running an exact corvette layout. Not a big deal... just have to solder in about 12-15 more inches on five wires there.

4. Then I do have to tune this bitch

I do still have the BBC available.

You guys know I'm down for the BSing... but doggy issues and this house search fiasco are sucking my time and will to live
Old 05-09-2006, 11:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Dog issues? Anything I can do to help?
Old 05-09-2006, 11:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Cory,

As soon as I can get my car in w/ Ellis, you'll get your heads. TSP finally decked my AFRs so they should be in by Thursday.

Rey
Old 05-09-2006, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Doggy issues? Been there lately......hope it works out Cory!
Old 05-09-2006, 11:02 PM
TECH Addict

Our boxer may have the doggie equivalent of a partially torn ACL. We're waiting for a better diagnosis and some xrays to be reviewed. At a little over 9 months, he plays really hard. I'm sure the fact that my dogs like to run full speed and take each other down doesn't help at all.

He's okay most of the time... but after playing he'll limp some. It's virtually impossible to keep him from running and jumping. We'll see what it comes out as. If it is full on surgery time... I may have to start calling him "turbo"
Old 05-09-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Regular

sorry to hear about your dog. i certainly know what you mean - my golden hurt himself last time, running like mad after the ball on the wet tennis court, falling and sliding for a few feet, tore off his coat and bits of skin and had to wear the cone for a month. it was a nasty wound, even though a surface one (at some point it started turning green - YUCK). did I mention he hates the cone?

amyway, good luck with the car (and the dog)
Old 05-10-2006, 10:36 AM
TECH Veteran

DAMN DUDE!!!!!!! I really truly am sorry to hear about this but at least it doesn't (sound) life-threatening, so that is a HUGE plus. I know a couple of us have recently lost our 4-legged loved ones and are hurting so we feel for ya. Anything I can do to help, don't hesitate to ask.

Dogs are funny creatures, their tolerance to pain is extremely high so he should be doing much better then you or I in the same situation. My suggestion is to listen to your Vet, get another opinion if you are not comfortable with that one and then do what is best for the dog. And again, I am always here if ya need anything.

Darrin

Also, after my pup had her surgery last month, the doc prescribed a couple sedatives to help keep her calmer.........may want to ask abou that until you decide what to do with him.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:08 AM
Banned

My dog came up slightly limping one day. He was only two at the time. Took him to the vet and of course they found nothing but they made sure they prescribed a bunch of stuff to make sure the bill was high. In the end they never found anything but made sure they treated him for hip and elbow displeasure. I'm like not in a 2 yr old whose as healthy as he is. The real problem was a soft tissue injury to one paw. He broke out if the backyard and had a good run on a very cold day when the ground was frozen. Bruised his paw and that takes a long time to heal. When their active they dont know it because of the adrenalin but when they slow down it shows. My dog would only limp when he was walking. He never whined about it and he ran fine. Just when he was going slow and taking it easy he would show the limp. No adrenaline at that time so he notices the pain. Point of my long story is that dont trust vets. They are there to make money and telling someone the dogs injury will clear up on its own in a while is no way to make money. A blown acl in a dog sounds like a cash cow for a vet to me. IF he's ok but only limps after hard run then its not a torn ligament in my opinion. Be careful man, vets are notorious!
Old 05-10-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
My dog came up slightly limping one day. He was only two at the time. Took him to the vet and of course they found nothing but they made sure they prescribed a bunch of stuff to make sure the bill was high. In the end they never found anything but made sure they treated him for hip and elbow displeasure. I'm like not in a 2 yr old whose as healthy as he is. The real problem was a soft tissue injury to one paw. He broke out if the backyard and had a good run on a very cold day when the ground was frozen. Bruised his paw and that takes a long time to heal. When their active they dont know it because of the adrenalin but when they slow down it shows. My dog would only limp when he was walking. He never whined about it and he ran fine. Just when he was going slow and taking it easy he would show the limp. No adrenaline at that time so he notices the pain. Point of my long story is that dont trust vets. They are there to make money and telling someone the dogs injury will clear up on its own in a while is no way to make money. A blown acl in a dog sounds like a cash cow for a vet to me. IF he's ok but only limps after hard run then its not a torn ligament in my opinion. Be careful man, vets are notorious!
And if the dog has a torn ACL it will show up on an X-Ray or MRI so OBVIOUSLY they are not tryin to steal money from the dude..........not every vet, car dealer, "insert business of choice" is out to steal your money and be corrupt.

Regarding what I put in bold, where did you go to medical school? Vetrinary or otherwise? That is some fucked up advice to be handing out when you don't know the problem/haven't seen it 1st hand and more then likely don't have a medical degree. Just my $.02
Old 05-10-2006, 11:13 AM
Banned

There are a couple books that helped me and continue to help me a lot with my dog. DR Pitcairns and the Holistic guide for a healthy dog and cat by Wendy Vollard (last name spelling not sure of). Anyway they oth covber nutrion extensively but they also have a very good medical section as well. I bought them both online from amazon I think. Good read if your into it.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rottluver
And if the dog has a torn ACL it will show up on an X-Ray or MRI so OBVIOUSLY they are not tryin to steal money from the dude..........not every vet, car dealer, "insert business of choice" is out to steal your money and be corrupt.
Rott I'm not gonna get into a pissing match with ya but the pet industry has turned into big business. Its no different than big medical business for people and you know of all the problem we have with health care and selling drugs instead of curing diseases.(IF you dont you need to opne your eyes) The pet industry is no different. Its a multi billion dollar industry that didnt exists before. People have always had pets, but it wasnt the "big business" that it is now. No not all vets are like that, but more and more are very much so. Educate yourself on the subject and you'll see more of what I'm saying. I did a lot of reading before I bought my dog. He was going to be an akc purebread and a business venture so I researched it thoroughly.
There is more money to be made by treating than by curing and drug companies exist for that purpose. Who peddles the drugs? Dr's, thats who.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rottluver
That is some fucked up advice to be handing out when you don't know the problem/haven't seen it 1st hand and more then likely don't have a medical degree. Just my $.02
And your degree came from where? Have you even read extensively about the current pet industry? I offered my opinion on an injury or non injury and gave my recent experience with a dog injury and consequent vet visit. Do you know what a torn acl is ? Ever had one? Obviously Cory isnt going to shut off all the vets and bring his dog to me and me only from here on out so your emotional outburst is just retarded in my mind. What I told him in so many words was get a few different opinions before dumping a boat load of cash. How many books have you read on the subject Rott? How many breeders have you talked to? Know ant true old school breeders from the old world? Like I said, I researched it. Have you?
Old 05-10-2006, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

We're on the second vet.... the first diagnosed as something else entirely... but at this new clinic 3 vets have looked at the x-rays and sent them out to the radiologist.

We're waiting on the results to decide whether to fix it now (if it indeed is a "ACL" issue) or to see what happens. If it is ACL and we wait too long it will completely tear apart.

We'll see what comes.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Rott I'm not gonna get into a pissing match with ya but the pet industry has turned into big business. Its no different than big medical business for people and you know of all the problem we have with health care and selling drugs instead of curing diseases.(IF you dont you need to opne your eyes) The pet industry is no different. Its a multi billion dollar industry that didnt exists before. People have always had pets, but it wasnt the "big business" that it is now. No not all vets are like that, but more and more are very much so. Educate yourself on the subject and you'll see more of what I'm saying. I did a lot of reading before I bought my dog. He was going to be an akc purebread and a business venture so I researched it thoroughly.
There is more money to be made by treating than by curing and drug companies exist for that purpose. Who peddles the drugs? Dr's, thats who.
And your degree came from where? Have you even read extensively about the current pet industry? I offered my opinion on an injury or non injury and gave my recent experience with a dog injury and consequent vet visit. Do you know what a torn acl is ? Ever had one? Obviously Cory isnt going to shut off all the vets and bring his dog to me and me only from here on out so your emotional outburst is just retarded in my mind. What I told him in so many words was get a few different opinions before dumping a boat load of cash. How many books have you read on the subject Rott? How many breeders have you talked to? Know ant true old school breeders from the old world? Like I said, I researched it. Have you?
For a guy not turning this into a pissing contest, your stream sure looks long and strong.

My SOLE point was that you shouldn't be giving out medical advice when you have more then likely never seen the dog and are not in all likelihood a practicing vet. I don't care what you have read or seen on tv or who you have talked to, the dude's dog is hurt and he needs our support, not you telling him how corrupt everything is and that his dog prolly doesn't have the injury a qualified vet diagnosed him with. As for my medical degree, quit being a jerk, I NEVER claimed to have one and I didn't offer up a medical diagnosis, so don't try to spin this around on me. I have spent the last decade and a half dealing with dogs and while yes, there are some bad vets out there, there are some DAMN good ones as well. I have talked to many people, read several books but I don't consider myself an expert on the subject. I also don't trust breeders any further then I can throw them. Talk about corrupt and only in it for the money.

And yes smarty pants, I know damn well what a torn ACL is and I have seen many a person walk just fine after tearing theirs, so his dog not being crippled does not mean it isn't torn. Please stop taking HIS thread and turning it into your little soapbox about how you know so much more about everything then anyone else. It is geting old as you seem to do it ALLLLLLLL the time.

I am done, we have hijacked his thread WAY too much already (on a sad subject no less) and it needs no further bickering from either of us.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by CHarris
We're on the second vet.... the first diagnosed as something else entirely... but at this new clinic 3 vets have looked at the x-rays and sent them out to the radiologist.

We're waiting on the results to decide whether to fix it now (if it indeed is a "ACL" issue) or to see what happens. If it is ACL and we wait too long it will completely tear apart.

We'll see what comes.
I will keep a good thought for ya (and your pup) and hopefully things will turn out to be not as bad as first thought.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Banned

Any my point is that you dont have a clue as to current industry (*not my fault I know how to read and have internet access. Some call that educating yourself, and I remember what I read so I guess I'm cursed). So save your "your an expert whine"
If remembering what I read means that I think I know it all, then so be it.

And some consider me a doctor as well...