Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Anyone in WA state, hook me up with an exhaust shop!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 07:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in WA state, hook me up with an exhaust shop!!!

Anyone in here from WA and know where I can get some Mandrel bent exhaust done??? I want True Duals, over or under the axle, hook me up with some contacts!!! Every shop around me only does crush bends and they claim there is only one place in WA that does Mandrel bends, wondering if this is true.
Thanks!
Old 09-17-2006, 11:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by 98Trans
Anyone in here from WA and know where I can get some Mandrel bent exhaust done??? I want True Duals, over or under the axle, hook me up with some contacts!!! Every shop around me only does crush bends and they claim there is only one place in WA that does Mandrel bends, wondering if this is true.
Thanks!
There is only one that I know of in Oregon, and he is in Bend.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

I don't know where in Wa. you are, but Randy's exhaust in Marysville does good work.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Stan's Headers in Auburn does mandrel bending. If you're in the South end they're right off Auburn Way N.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Addict

I *think* the exhaust shop on the east side of Monroe has a mandrel bender.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crisisman
Stan's Headers in Auburn does mandrel bending. If you're in the South end they're right off Auburn Way N.
Yes they do although they are pretty darn expensive. I guess when you offer something that no one else does you can charge what you want. They do very nice work though. I bought an H-pipe off them and took a tour of their facility. I believe they can mandrel bend up to 5" tubing . He wouldn't do TD's for me though....something about altering the stock configuration. That's one thing I don't miss about WA.....the emissions laws. I don't think they know what emissions means here in Arkansas.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Crisisman

My exhaust was done by Stan's. Did a good job, just a hairline leak at the muffler weld up on top but that **** it hard to reach and you can't hear it.

Although he didn't want to flange the muffler so I could pull the exhaust later on so I doubt he'd do a true dual setup...
Old 09-18-2006, 09:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99Hawk262
That's one thing I don't miss about WA.....the emissions laws. I don't think they know what emissions means here in Arkansas.
Where I come from, this place is HEAVEN for so-called emission's laws.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

I have been to Randy's a couple of times and am very happy with him.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its the mandrel bender thats the hold up. There are a few shops that I know of who will do what you want, its your money, but they dont have a mandrel bender. True duals is a challenge and a lot of shops wont touch that as well. I'd like to see a kit made using DR gas' ovalized tubing for clearance but its not SS either. You could have it coated but that would add to the cost.

Use thier spintech semi flat mufflers or go with bullets depending on your preference, but you can go over the axle with their oval tubing a lot easier than round. I was looking at it Saturday as i was adjusting my phb. Its tight, very tight but can be done.
OF course 2.5" is a lot easier than the 3". I'm guessing around $600 for all the material.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:49 AM
Launching!

Hey, thanks for the responces guys! I'm actually at Whidbey Island, overseas right now.......going back in a week or so though and trying to get my Duals done! I'll check out Randys!
Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Anyone in WA state, hook me up with an exhaust shop!!!