Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Washington State Title Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 10:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Washington State Title Questions.

Well to start off, I bought a vehicle from a guy at my prior command about two in half years ago, I was suppose to pay the guy 2000, for it, and in the middle of our cruise I was shipped off the ship, to go to shore duty in Va. I gave the guy all my info, my parents address, yadda yadda. And its been over two years and still no word from the guy. I have the vehicle at my in-laws house, in poulsbo Wa. And was wondering how I can go about getting the title for it, cause I have waited long enough. I have left messages to his family for him and he has yet to get in contact with me, So I guess its his loss.

I will be moving back to Wa, in a little over a month, and I would love to either start working on it again, or get rid of it. Its a really bad *** Jeep, 57 CJ-5 *****'s. It has an older ford 302 in it, with Dodge dana 44's front and rear, with a total of 9 inches of lift sitting on 36 super swampers. The body is in great condition, and the motor is strong as hell. But it needs some minor work for it to be trail ready...

Can anyone living in Wa, let me know what the rules are on Abandon titles and such????

Thanks

Lane
Old 04-02-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Regular

my gf said she can let you know tomorrow she works at the courthouse. ~Guy
Old 04-02-2007, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

ok cool, thanks
Old 04-03-2007, 03:24 AM
TECH Veteran

You can go online with the VIN and request a Lost Title report and issue a new title.
Old 04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Conversion master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hopefully you have a bill of sale or something stating that the car is yours. Then you can file for lost title.

Your best bet is to call any of the DOL offices and ask what you need to do. Here is a list of offices in Kitsap county.

https://fortress.wa.gov/dol/dolprod/...?County=18&T=0
Old 04-04-2007, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

they fine you like 5.00 per day after the 14th day from the date you bought it for not registering it so dont try to register it till you make a bill of sale dated for a couple days before going in, then file for lost title just make one saying "I (his name) am selling this (blank) vin (blank) for ($$) as is no warrantee. to (your name)dated (blank)" then print sign and date for the both of you plus one witness. take that in and register it and file for lost title. hopefully that helps. ~Guy
Old 04-04-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Veteran

We have a good group out here in Woodinville, needed a lost title and they issued one without the bill of sale 3 yrs after aquired the van. I wonder if it had been so long they figured it would have been reported stolen or scrapped?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Okay thanks guys... I appriciate the feed back. I will see when I am out there what I will do with it. I will more than likely get rid of it, for I allready have two projects, my wife wont allow a third. lol

Lane