Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

The Breakfast Club

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 07:50 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The Breakfast Club

You need to fuel up on Saturday mornings before heading out to Bremerton for the day... The gas tank known as your belly, as well as the one in your car!

A few suggestions for those north of Tacoma (north-enders may not want to drive that far before fueling - post up your own suggestions ):

First two are not that far from Trick Fuel (sells racing fuel on Auburn Way)

Sun Break Cafe - Map
Auburn - Teh Bestest breakfast evah! Opens 6:00am - It'll take an hour andthey take cash only, but definitely gets my vote!!

The Performance Grill - Map
Auburn - Good car-theme place and good food - However it opens at 7am (do you really want to bust your *** to get to the track at 8am just to get one more run than everyone else -- maybe?)

Shari's - Map
Federal Way - Convenient for those coming down I5, but a bit tired and the lawn sprinklers will get your car if you're not careful. Ho hum...

(Originally had more on the list but found they opened 8am or later )

Last edited by SeaHawk; 05-29-2007 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Fixed opening time for Sun Break Cafe
Old 04-30-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Unfortunately I'll be working. I can, however, vouch for both the Sun Break and Performance Grill.

Sun Break is a favorite for us Bus Drivers since it's right across the street from the Auburn Rail Station, where a couple of bus routes have layovers. Navigating that particular set of streets can be confusing however.

Performance Grill is easy to get to from SR-167 and the owners have hosted a couple of GTO gtgs. Very car friendly restaurant. Right across the street from the Auburn Park & Ride.

Either place is a good choice if you don't mind deviating from the straight shot down I-5.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:51 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sun Break or Sharis would be my vote, I'm not picky... but I definitely want every run I am offered, so I wouldn't wait for the Performance Grill to open. Sounds like a cool place, though, but there's no such thing as too many practice runs. I don't need anything fancy for food...

I'm definitely up for where ever people are gonna get together, though.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We can always try the Sun Break cafe... it's in the opposite direction from where we're going, but what the heck... sounds better than Shari's.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

+1 for Sun Break... Meet at 6? 6:30?
Old 05-02-2007, 12:26 PM
TECH Veteran

I would say meet at 6, give or take a few minutes. That way we have some time before we have to roll out to Bremerton.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tranzor
I would say meet at 6, give or take a few minutes. That way we have some time before we have to roll out to Bremerton.
I might just drive out to chill, but probably won't race. Rear only got painted 2 weeks ago so don't wanna ruin the finish.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Just tape behind the wheel...
Old 05-02-2007, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea Rey, I can bring some of that wide blue painters tape? Rememeber, it's a double points race, so...
Robert
Old 05-02-2007, 10:22 PM
TECH Regular

I wonder if Geddex burnout guard(tm?) would be safe on fresh paint as well... maybe tape then protect the tape with spray?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 AM
11 Second Club

I will be right behind you guys,

I get off of work at 07:00 sat morning (in down town seattle)

I gotta hit up some drive thru I guess
Old 05-03-2007, 09:57 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by SeaHawk
I wonder if Geddex burnout guard(tm?) would be safe on fresh paint as well... maybe tape then protect the tape with spray?
Did you get the 'Hawk painted?
Old 05-03-2007, 12:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Robert56
Yea Rey, I can bring some of that wide blue painters tape? Rememeber, it's a double points race, so...
Robert
Won't the adhesive be bad of the paint?
Old 05-03-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Addict

At 2 weeks no...
Old 05-03-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by DrEvyl
Did you get the 'Hawk painted?
Nope.. though I'm about to consider it.. was referring to Layn_Low's read end.

*PLEASE NOTE*

Sun Break has a your-party-will-be-seated-when-the-last-lazy-***-finally-shows policy, so we'll need to target a time (meaning show up 5 mins earlier) or maybe exchange some digits if someone's running late. There will be a few minutes wait for some leeway but I wouldn't count on it.
(Note - this place is usually pretty busy, whereas Shari's is completely empty... there *is* a reason for this!)
Old 05-04-2007, 12:04 AM
TECH Veteran

And we all know the last lazy *** is you Jonathan... maybe we should stop by your house and drag you out of bed.

Oh, and I'll make sure I'm on time since this place wants the whole party there before seating... don't wanna hold you guys up.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SeaHawk
Nope.. though I'm about to consider it.. was referring to Layn_Low's read end.

*PLEASE NOTE*

Sun Break has a your-party-will-be-seated-when-the-last-lazy-***-finally-shows policy, so we'll need to target a time (meaning show up 5 mins earlier) or maybe exchange some digits if someone's running late. There will be a few minutes wait for some leeway but I wouldn't count on it.
(Note - this place is usually pretty busy, whereas Shari's is completely empty... there *is* a reason for this!)

Actually more worried about the rocks being thrown off the tires, while traveling at 100+mph hitting the somewhat fresh paint. Thinking it might leave dimples. I'll call the body shop tomorrow.
Old 05-04-2007, 01:31 AM
T is for Towing not Turbo

Originally Posted by Layn_Low_247
Actually more worried about the rocks being thrown off the tires, while traveling at 100+mph hitting the somewhat fresh paint. Thinking it might leave dimples. I'll call the body shop tomorrow.
You driving it around right now? If so, there's no difference driving it down the track than down the street.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:38 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Originally Posted by Layn_Low_247
The first one is always the hardest.... I guess I was fortunate in that my first two paint chips on the new paint job were my own stupid fault. Three days after I had it painted I dropped a ratchet on the headlight cover and put a nice little dimple in it.

I'm not so worried about them now... bottom line is.. they're gonna happen. Only way to avoid it is to put the car in a plastic bubble and never touch it.
Old 05-04-2007, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Tranzor
And we all know the last lazy *** is you Jonathan... maybe we should stop by your house and drag you out of bed.

Oh, and I'll make sure I'm on time since this place wants the whole party there before seating... don't wanna hold you guys up.
I'll be there at 5:55am! Promise(s, Promises...)!

Quick Reply: The Breakfast Club