Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Looking For LSx Parts

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 01:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Looking For LSx Parts

As stated in the title, I'm looking for some parts, so I thought I'd try the locals............ Must be LSx platform.

Please PM me with your part and price.

-Aftermarket Forged Rods
-99+ PCM
-99+ Engine Harness
-F-body Oil Pan and Pickup
-PS Pump w/Pulley

Thanks for lookin'....
Old 05-09-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see in you're sig that you're putting this in a 97. Honestly, wouldn't it be a lot easier and probably just as cheap to just buy an LS1 Camaro?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:53 AM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ackattack1
I see in you're sig that you're putting this in a 97. Honestly, wouldn't it be a lot easier and probably just as cheap to just buy an LS1 Camaro?
It would be waaaaaaaaaaay cheaper.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:59 AM
11 Second Club

-I like the looks of the LT1 body style waaaaay better. It's my personal preference really.

-The car is paid for, and it still needs an engine regardless what platform it's based on.

-I've owned this car since 1999 (2nd owner), and it's in great shape. Have you seen the ragged out 4th gens out there for sale lately?

-As for cheaper, for everything I plan to do with this engine/car/chassis, it def. would NOT be any cheaper in the long run. Any questions about this, just ask Chris (99Blanco) how much he's got invested in his LSx car, or Mark, or anyone that has a highly modded, forged shortblock LS1 car.

-Easier, maybe, but you'd need to factor in the headache of trying to sell a rolling chassis for peanuts..........

-Last but not least, it's a project car, not my daily driver, so who really cares? Projects are not investments, they're hobbies! Nuf said me thinks...

Now, back on topic here.... still looking for these parts.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wondering.....sometimes people (myself included) think of what they have and how they can make it what they want and not step back and look at all of the options.

I've been thinking about swapping in a V8 into my jeep.....I could buy a V8 jeep already, but all the suspension work on my jeep wouldn't be able to swap over (permanatly cut off the LCA mounts ) So I completely understand.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mikey 97Z M6
-
-Last but not least, it's a project car, not my daily driver, so who really cares? Projects are not investments, they're hobbies! Nuf said me thinks...
this is true! if everyone was worrying about investments they would be rolling with STOCK cars! your going to have a sleeeeeeeeeeeper
Old 05-09-2007, 12:34 PM
11 Second Club

Ya it's no biggie. I get asked that same question every now and then. The truth is, if I were JUST doing a straight LS1 swap, it would probably make more sense to sell mine and buy a LS1 camaro. But, with the plans I have, it's really no more expensive by the time it's all said and done. Plus, it'll be unique in the fact it'll have everything I like about the 4th gens, which is: 97+ interior, LT1 body, No more optispark, Less Weight, LSX power........
Old 05-10-2007, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

One more try.

Quick Reply: Looking For LSx Parts