Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Where can I get pepper spray?

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where can I get pepper spray?

I know this is sort of a strange question but last night my girlfriend left my place last night really late. She was leaving base an some guy started to follow her as soon as she got on the highway, when she got to a stop light he pulled up next to her an when the light turned green he didnt go, he wanted her to roll her window down. Needless to say she was eventually able to lose him but she really got spooked by it, she told me about it today an I told her I wanted to get her some pepper spray. I know it sounds a little over-protective but I just want her to be safe, especially since somebody got stabbed here on North Fort last weekend. So does anyone know where I can get the stuff? thanx
Old 06-24-2007, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

you can get the **** at walmart i think man. They make them little spray bottles for women, i think they sell them by the checkout eisle. My gf has some in her purse.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:36 PM
TECH Resident

Gun shops have it also, thats where I got mine.
Old 06-24-2007, 07:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Check on base they might sell it in the PX.

if not stop over at the Mp office & see where you can get some, you never know they may have some on hand
Old 06-24-2007, 07:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1BAD95Z
Gun shops have it also, thats where I got mine.

Its where my Grandpa used to buy it for me...one was a key clip which is just enough to make em' blind for a few minutes.

Come to think of it, I don't know why he bought it for me but he did every year.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:01 PM
11 Second Truck Club

we carry it at O'Reilly in a little holster...
Old 06-24-2007, 08:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Superado
we carry it at O'Reilly in a little holster...
We being a west coast place we dont have an O'reilly's locally

But I just checked PartsAmerica (shucks online store) they do have it in the lakewood store off of pacific hiway.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

I always see it at Pepboys ,bought my wife some there and it came on a key chain holster
Old 06-24-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha, you can buy this stuff at an autoparts store? I guess its not as hard to find as I thought, thanx alot guys you don't know what this means to me, now if I could just find the little bastard that stalked her.
Old 06-24-2007, 08:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Don't screw around with the cheap ****. Check out Fox Labs pepper spray. I've ordered from Defense Devices a few times (my 19yr old little sister attends the UW and I just hate to imagine her hovering around the U-district without at least some protection) and they're great to deal with and ship quickly.

http://www.foxlabs.net/foxlabs.shtml

http://www.defensedevices.com/worhotpepspr.html
Old 06-24-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Look,.... not trying to spook anyone but, I feel someone should mention that while pepper spray has stopped some bad guys just as many where only made crazier..... by it. I recommend signing up for some hand gun safety classes and then decide if that direction might be right for you. In bellevue we have "Wades" gun shop and it is a "FULL" service gun store. As far as self defence goes %90 percent of woman will just get too close and in REAL trouble trying to go hand to hand with a big or tough MAN,.....do not want to get into a political discussion here its just reality,.....20 years of political correction will NOT erase 1,000.000 years of evolution and If my wife can handle the responsibility,......BELIEVE me ANYONE can!!!

Last edited by vetred; 06-24-2007 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by vetred
Look,.... not trying to spook anyone but, I feel someone should mention that while pepper spray has stopped some bad guys just as many where only made crazier..... by it. I recommend signing up for some hand gun safty classes and then decide if that direction might be right for you. In bellevue we have "Wades" gun shop and it is a "FULL" service gun store. If my wife can handel the responsibility,......BELIEVE me ANYONE can!!!
Totally agree. A firearm + training is almost always the best answer, but there is a place for the LTL option and I believe that this is what the OP was asking for.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:05 PM
TECH Regular

Why decide? Go with both! Spray n' BANG!
Old 06-24-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Look guys, I really appreciate what your trying to do but I think a firearm is a little too extreme for her tastes. I'll start small an see where we go from there-thanx for all the comments!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:52 AM
TECH Veteran

I would highly recommend the spray from a gun store b4 Walmart or a car parts store......just my $.02
Old 06-25-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Spray n' BANG! Sounded so good though
Old 06-25-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

I got my wife some Fox Labs pepper spray from

http://www.selfdefenseproducts.com/pepper/Fox/index.htm

I also got her some Sudecon decon wipes, and a container of 'practice' spray. The decon wipes are just in case she gets some spray on her (keep in her glovebox), and the practice spray, well, is so that she doesn't have to fumble through the first use of the real thing.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definately buy from a reputable source. Stay away from walmart crap. The stuff they sell is more of an irratant than anything. You want the stuff with the highest legal amount of O.C. (Oleoresin Caspium IIRRC, not sure I spelled that right either). That stuff isnt an irratant, it is to incapacitate the intended target.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:13 PM
10 Second Club

Having trained some ladies in self defense at the dojo, I can tell you that anything you can do to help level the playing field is a good idea. And that pretty much NOTHING works on everyone. Most ladies can & will use pepper spray, but many will not use a gun.

And most of them can & will kick you in the sack or scratch your eyes out. But that is usually more effective after they blind the guy with pepper spray. Women just need to get a few seconds of escape time so they can get away & out into a public area to hollar "FIRE". (people come running when they hear FIRE, but don't always respond to RAPE)

And tell her if she has to, hit the guy in the nose area with her elbows, or jam her car keys into his eyes. Test have proven even a great white shark or a crocodile will let go if you attacak their eyes. Biting noses off also works for women (if this is close-combat life or death).
Old 06-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NataSS Inc
Definately buy from a reputable source. Stay away from walmart crap. The stuff they sell is more of an irratant than anything. You want the stuff with the highest legal amount of O.C. (Oleoresin Caspium IIRRC, not sure I spelled that right either). That stuff isnt an irratant, it is to incapacitate the intended target.
My wife has concerns as well working late in downtown Portland and doesnt want a gun. I've tried to talk her into a gun but she wont go for it. She didbnt want a tsser or stun gun either, which I though might be kind of fun. SO>>>

She wants mace which they dont sell correct? Where can I get that stuff
O.C. Oleoresin Caspium IIRRC, whos' got rhe most OC in it?

Fox is 2%
"The Wildfire 18% formula is one of the hottest, and more importantly, the fastest reacting spray in the market.

There are so many choices.. how do you know whats what?

what do you think about this stuff Rott you were a cop, is this stuff for real?
http://www.tbotech.com/police-pepper-spray.htm

Last edited by 99blancoSS; 06-25-2007 at 02:49 PM.