Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 09:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default iPhone

Just curious who if anyone had one in here? I've had one for the past couple months and don't know why I ever used windows mobile. Though I do miss being able to install 3rd party stuff without having to jailbreak the phone. Thank goodness that'll be gone in June .

Also if any local guys need an iPod or Apple Computer or Apple Software let me know, I can get a limited amount (3 of each item) at 15% off (more for software) for friends and family. If it's something that I don't plan on buying for the year then I can use my personal discount on it since I can only buy one of each item at my personal discount a year. I also have the ability to get a good discount on Oakley stuff too when Amanda is feeling generous lol.

And as always anyone need any photos or info on prepaid legal? hehe *insert shameless plug here* lol
Old 04-05-2008, 09:26 AM
TECH Addict

I have an iPone and love it. It blows any of my previous phones away in performance and usable features. Built in google maps has saved my butt a couple of times. The pictures I posted of my new Harley were taken with the iPone's camera. It has better resolution than you would expect in a phone.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah that's one thing I hated about my old HTC Mogul 6800 for Sprint was how slow it was. I'd come in to work every day and the iPhones would taunt me with their speed. It even seems that though it's running on edge it loads webpages just as fast as the mogul did on Vision. Probably just because the it processes the data that much faster The only thing I wish the camera had was a lil LED light for darker shots but I guess that's what the keychain lights are for lol.

What's really amazing is watching the keynote for the software SDK and looking at what it's really capable of as far as graphics and usability go. I was shocked to find out it supports openGL.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I looked at it and almost got one. They are very nice but in the end would not do what I needed. I got a BlackJack II and I am very happy with it over my Black Berry. Only thing I miss is the killer BB Voice software. I just have not bought them for the Black Jack.

Besides my dislike of Apple I still almost got one. The biggest thing that turned me off was the reviews I read at the time. To many Bricks and no customer service for it. Typicle Apple I may Own Apple Products again some day but thing really have not changed much in the last 25 years with them.

BTW Google Maps works great on My BlackJack also
Old 04-05-2008, 11:21 AM
12 Second Club

99% of the time the bricks were because people were trying to unlock the phone, which Apple said many times it would void the warranty. Only thing I wish it had is 3G, but I'm near a wifi area so often it doesn't really matter. It helps pass the time walking to the bus and on the bus ride to work that's for sure lol.

I haven't booted up Vista once save to grab the occasional file I needed off it since I got leopard. I dunno if it's cuz most of what I do involves just the internet, email, and editing photos and video. But that's just me.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
To many Bricks and no customer service for it. Typicle Apple I may Own Apple Products again some day but thing really have not changed much in the last 25 years with them.
I'd have to disagree. Apple has consistently been ranked #1 in customer service among PC manufacturers the past few years.
http://digg.com/apple/Consumer_Repor..._Year_In_a_Row

I have owned a lot of Apple products over the last 10 years and have had nothing but positive experiences with their customer service.

Also no offense but your statement that nothing has changed in 25 years shows that you don't really know their history very well imo. The company completely reinvented itself over the last 10 years or so after nearly going bankrupt in the late 90s. The Apple today is nothing at all like 25 years ago.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would like to get one, but it breaks just about all of the security rules at work. Heck, its hard to find a decent phone without a camera.
Old 04-05-2008, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

My girl has one that we had unlocked so she can use it on t-mobile. The only thing i don't like about is the battery dies fast and it's had to text. i still want one
Old 04-05-2008, 12:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is going to be alot more 3rd party applications for it very quickly, now that the SDK is out Developers can make what they want for it, and it also means that the iPhone won't be strictly offered by att after about a year. I love Apple, I love my Mac, and my iPod, but the iPhone doesn't work for me. I do alot of stuff on my phone when I'm not looking and I can't do that w/touch screen, my Blackberry Curve works great for now.
Old 04-05-2008, 01:09 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by B-RAD2
My girl has one that we had unlocked so she can use it on t-mobile. The only thing i don't like about is the battery dies fast and it's had to text. i still want one
Make sure she turns off wifi when she's not using it and to turn the brightness down a lil. That lengthened my battery life quite a bit. And if you let it die all the way then fully recharge it all the way every once in a while that helps recalibrate the battery indicator
Old 04-09-2008, 02:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I. Am on it right now. I like it except for not having MMS and I can't. Text and drive. Other than that its an awesome phone. Can't wait for 3G

Quick Reply: iPhone