Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

Interesting night aswell. ha ha...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Interesting night aswell. ha ha...

Well its really nothing to laugh about. Seriously.

My wife headed to work, and about 5 minutes after she left she called, and was in tears, Says she wants a Divorce... Only a select few of you guys know of what actually has been going on the past couple of months. So I told her straight forward. Fine by me, I'll call the lawyer..... Enough said on that subject.

Well I got temp tags on my SS, so I was thrilled to beable to drive it on the street, She's running beutifull, except I have a sticky throttle I need to address. I meet up with a fellow LS1 buddy, he has a 99 frc, very nice car, We hang out and bullshit, go to the bar, drink sodas, and play pool for most the night. We drive by our local safeway and I see a red WS6 parked in there, pull in and start shootin the breeze with this guy, turns out to be a cool dude, he might end up doing some CCC with us. We were all talking about running his WS6 against the FRC, but decided against it, to many cops on the road. So after awhile we all split.

I get a phone call from my FRC buddy,.....

A couple deer ran out in front of him, he swerved, lost control spun and hit a telephone pole on the passenger side front end. Spun again and almost hit a big Oak tree with the rear of the car. So I rush to get out were he was at, and make sure he is okay, he was, just a bump on the head, but the car was demolished... Its a total loss... Feel really bad for the guy... I have no pics of it, so sorry guys.. But trust me when I say its totaled. The front passenger wheel, suspension, battery, computer, and wiring harness is no longer attached to the car, the rim was in a few different peices We can't find the spindle and rotor... So its not a pretty sight.
Old 06-28-2008, 05:38 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn Sorry to hear both sides man. Let us know if you need any thing! You got the phone number you are always free to use it man.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:12 AM
10 Second Club

Frack! Sounds like a tough nite on Whidbey Is.....I HATE telephone poles!!! And to think I was feely down about what I did.

I was doing 60 on an entrance ramp the other morning & felt compelled to "say hello" to a GSXr 1000. I'm doing about 60 so I stabbed it, the car downshifted, immediately blew the tires away & went sideways so I lifted. After a couple miles it started missing so I took it home and as I was backing into the garage the crank bolt fell out on the floor.....I sheared the crank pulley pins off. But it appears the miss was only a plug wire that fell off, 7 pretty nice looking plugs & 1 wet with gas.

No words for the wife issue. Sorry Lane!
Old 06-28-2008, 11:31 AM
TECH Regular

Sorry to hear Lane.... Hope it all works out for the best for ya.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man, that can make a grown man cry. Sure glad you guys were drinking pop and not beer. The main thing is that no one got hurt, he can always get a replacement car.
Robert
Old 06-28-2008, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks guys..

Yeah we were really thinking about tying one on last night, but decided against it, because we were wanting to drive the cars around a little bit.

I feel real bad for the guy. It was a nice *** car. I told him give it a few months and start looking for a z06, He seemed to like that idea. lol.

As far as the wife is concerned, its been a long time coming, infact today we were talking and the way she was talking, she was trying to back out of it, and not get a divorce. But I don't feel the same way about it. I don't want my kids in a broken home, but I would rather them be under a roof with less argueing and bickering...

I am thinking about getting out of the navy, I only have 3yrs left, it will be my 11 year mark, but, I think I am going to do what I had planned on doing before we got married. And that is go back home and get on board with eather DPS, or State troopers.... Its going to be a hard decision to make, but I think I am mature enough, and old enough, I will know whats best for me when the time comes..
Old 06-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Launching!

Man sorry about the wifey situation. Kinda sounds like it's inevitable. Sometimes things are just better off in the long run this way.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:11 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by firehawk618
Man sorry about the wifey situation. Kinda sounds like it's inevitable. Sometimes things are just better off in the long run this way.
Yeah thats what I am thinking too. Its hard to think about, and I know its only going to get worse. But In a way I am kinda happy. I think we got married way to young to begin with, I still am young too. So I wanna live alittle.... Enjoy my kids, and do what I love to do, without having to worry about someone being upset with me every step of the way...
Old 06-30-2008, 03:13 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got 99 problems but a b*#% aint one
sorry about your buddys FRC! im happy i live in a city where no stray deer can walk in the middle of a road!

Quick Reply: Interesting night aswell. ha ha...