Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

White Diamond or Pearl White ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 04:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default White Diamond or Pearl White ???

I was browsing online last night , and came across a WS6 that had what ( To me ) is the best White I have seen on a WS6 .

So in researching what color this is most likely to be , I ran across a few different possible colors, and wanted to see if I can get some help in pinpointing this exact color.

The Possible colors I came across are ..... 1. White Diamond which I believe is the default color for Cadillac ) ?

2. White Pearl and or Pearl White

3. Pearl White ( with Undertones of Blue Pearl )

I am in the process of picking a Color to PLAST-DIP my WS6 , and upon finding this color last night , as well as how great it looks on the WS^, I am definitely leaning towards this Color ...... Just not sure exactly what Color(s) it is , And also Not sure if Plasti-Dip makes a Color that is very similar to it , Or if I could Mix 2 -3 different Plast-Dip colors to achieve this " Diamond / Pearl White " color

Thanks everyone, appreciate any and all help and insight

I have attached 2 Photos showing the WS6 painted in this color I am look for
Attached Thumbnails White Diamond  or  Pearl White  ???-2016-02-17-beautiful-peral-white-color-ws-1.png   White Diamond  or  Pearl White  ???-2016-02-17-beautiful-peral-white-color-ws6-3.png  
Old 02-17-2016, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

plasti-dip wise, you would want to likely look at the Balloon White pearl

Old 02-17-2016, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

That just might be the Color I was looking for

Really appreciate you posting that video too

I'm going to go wit this color, since 1. My car is already White
and 2. It looks dang good on the WS6

Do you happen to know about how much ( Just in the Dips alone ) , it would cost ?
In the video, he mentioned he used....
4 Coats of White DS for the base
2 coats of the Pearl
2 coats of the High Gloss DYC top coat

Thank you again, really appreciate your help

Last edited by dsvtr; 02-18-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 02-17-2016, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm assuming this is going to be a semi-gloss/flat sort of sheen to the paint. Can you actually get the type of depth using plasti-dip vs a conventional paint job?

BTW, a real pearl white paint job is a 3 stage paint. Base white, then the pearl layer, then the clear coat. My Lexus is pearl white, it does look pretty sick, but its more of a creamy white rather than the icy blueish white.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AronZ28
I'm assuming this is going to be a semi-gloss/flat sort of sheen to the paint. Can you actually get the type of depth using plasti-dip vs a conventional paint job?

BTW, a real pearl white paint job is a 3 stage paint. Base white, then the pearl layer, then the clear coat. My Lexus is pearl white, it does look pretty sick, but its more of a creamy white rather than the icy blueish white.

the new(ish) TOP COAT from dip your car is a VERY high gloss, not quite factory clear coat level but 10 times better then the old gloss coats, watch the videos ending and you will see, it is NOWHERE near a matte finish.

Originally Posted by dsvtr
I might be the Color I was looking for

Really appreciate you posting that video too

I'm going to go wit this color, since 1. My car is already White
and 2. It looks dang good on the WS6

Do you happen to know about how much ( Just in the Dips alone ) , it would cost ?
In the video, he mentioned he used....
4 Coats of White DS for the base
2 coats of the Pearl
2 coats of the High Gloss DYC top coat

Thank you again, really appreciate your help
not sure, would suggest researching how much dip for one of these cars, I think it's like 3 gallon of base color (and you MUST do a base color before doing the Top Coat and Pearls), but it's been a while since the last time I read something where someone said how many gallons it took to do their f-body.
Old 02-17-2016, 08:12 PM
Launching!

GM has a new color out called Iridescent Pearl. I've seen it at work on a Tahoe, and it is much more stunning than the White Diamond that they used to have. Pictures don't do it justice. You'll have to go check one out in person. If you want to actually have your car painted someday, and you like the color, I'd go with the Iridescent Pearl.
Old 02-18-2016, 09:40 AM
On The Tree

Thank you for all of the tips and information
Old 02-21-2016, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

I'm a huge fan of whatever Cadillac's white paint is. Having seen the new ATS-V in person under lights, the colour is just intense. If I had to repaint, it would be on the top of my list.

Plasti-dip route though, the Evo looks SO GOOD. I may try it some time just to change things up. I think you'd be happy going that route.
Old 02-22-2016, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

The Caddy white is amazing. That is my vote.
Old 02-22-2016, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Knowing how GM is, the Cadillac paint is probably the same mix as the Chevy paint. Iridescent Pearl (Chevy) and Crystal White (Cadillac).

Quick Reply: White Diamond or Pearl White ???