Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

U.S. Exotics Superhawk hood still being sold?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 165 Likes on 129 Posts

Default U.S. Exotics Superhawk hood still being sold?

Does anyone know if U.S. Exotics still exists? I want to get a Superhawk hood.
Old 12-18-2016, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No. he never answers emails or phone calls, says that his phone has been broken for over 2 years and never does what he says.

Look up all the threads in the appearance section, I purchased a hood from him and he received my money on 12/15/14. It's been 2 years and no damn hood. There are over a dozen other people that never got their hoods and some have waited over 2.5 years. Last time anyone received contact was back in March where he said that he was broke and would email everyone the following week. I've been waiting for my reply from him for 9 months now. I wish vfn would get their hands on his mold and sell them. I'm stuck because nobody makes another hood that I like at all.

I won't get into all the promises he made me from years ago. I get pissed every time I look at my current hood, and the threads that pop up with "superhawk" in the title.

Unless you find one local or on the boards here, you are out of luck. Next closest hood is a Raptor hood or Firehawk hood.
Old 12-22-2016, 01:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I've been trying for the last month.

Originally Posted by FCar2000TA
Does anyone know if U.S. Exotics still exists? I want to get a Superhawk hood.
I've been tryin​​​​g to get in touch with Roger for about a month now. No reply on emails and no answering phone calls, no voicemail to leave a message either. So I guess I'm stuck with the stock hood...😡
Old 12-22-2016, 02:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 165 Likes on 129 Posts

Aparrently Sun Coast Creations went under too. Tried to get some info on the Ram-Air box for my Raptor hood, and go this: "Suncoast Creations is currently undergoing a restructuring and will be offline for a bit."
Old 12-23-2016, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Rix 98 T/A
I've been tryin​​​​g to get in touch with Roger for about a month now. No reply on emails and no answering phone calls, no voicemail to leave a message either. So I guess I'm stuck with the stock hood...😡
Well good luck. If you do get in contact with him and decide to send him money, just remember that he owes people thousands of dollars in cash and products that have been waiting 2-2.5 years for.

Regarding suncoast creations, I'm not too sure about them. They seem to only be offering hoods for silverados. Yet the raptor hood info is just gone. I was looking at other dealers for their products and at least one vender had on their website that they will no longer carry the raptor hood because too many customers were having problems with figment and it would take up to 3 months for a warranty replacement. So I'm in the same boat and now will have to settle for a Firehawk hood if I can find one in this state. No others look good to me. Unfortunately our cars are old now so new hood designs will be very rare if any at all. I don't have the skills or vision for a new hood so it won't be coming from me...
Old 12-24-2016, 07:30 AM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackDuk98
No. he never answers emails or phone calls, says that his phone has been broken for over 2 years and never does what he says.

Look up all the threads in the appearance section, I purchased a hood from him and he received my money on 12/15/14. It's been 2 years and no damn hood. There are over a dozen other people that never got their hoods and some have waited over 2.5 years. Last time anyone received contact was back in March where he said that he was broke and would email everyone the following week. I've been waiting for my reply from him for 9 months now. I wish vfn would get their hands on his mold and sell them. I'm stuck because nobody makes another hood that I like at all.

I won't get into all the promises he made me from years ago. I get pissed every time I look at my current hood, and the threads that pop up with "superhawk" in the title.

Unless you find one local or on the boards here, you are out of luck. Next closest hood is a Raptor hood or Firehawk hood.

I contacted roger back around March of 2015 about getting an outlaw hood made and he emailed back quickly and we exchanged emails for a bit. Everything was smooth and happy go lucky. Well I had came across a few disappointing threads here on tech so before I sent him money I wanted some reassurance for myself so I emailed him with a link to one of said threads asking if he knew about it and what the deal on it was, and if it was even true. At the time I was trying to give him the benefit of th doubt that it was a mistake or something ya know, "taking his side so to speak". WELL, once I sent that email to him to this date I've never heard back from him. And to think I was a few emails away from sending him money for a hood, like duk that I would never have seen and wouldn't have gotten my money back on either.

He has some great work while he did do them not knocking that. But maybe something hint else happened behind the scenes in his personal life or something to cause such a drastic change in his business ways. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND you send him the money for a hood but at the end of the day if you do get in touch with him, well that's your call obviously and you'll have to make your own opinion about him. Good luck OP. I'd hate to see you out of your money like others on here.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sucks he couldn't find help to knock those hoods out, they were really good quality. Would of bought a superhawk over any offbrand hood anyday.
Old 12-28-2016, 04:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by enigmah
Sucks he couldn't find help to knock those hoods out, they were really good quality. Would of bought a superhawk over any offbrand hood anyday.
He actually once had a friend that helped him out, no idea what happened there.

I told him idea that could help him out, go to one of the local trade schools that does bodywork and it should be easy to get a few kids / adults that need on the job training / internship.

Not sure how he used to run his business because he used to do some big jobs, seen pics of his shop with projects. I don't think that he was always a one man show. No way to really know the truth. I've done a lot of digging online, found many phone numbers, contacts, locations and a lot more but nothing has panned out yet and I have had no time to take a drive to his house and bang on his door.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have the same question..
Old 01-08-2017, 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jane Horn
Have the same question..

Answer is above
Old 01-08-2017, 03:25 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

He's just trying to get his post count up. Trolls
Old 01-08-2017, 09:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Has anyone tried to find him and either take him to small claims court or beat the living **** outta him and take everything he has?
Old 01-09-2017, 02:33 AM
TECH Resident

I asked a few of my customers that are lawyers and all stated that due to the price of the hood being so low, it would cost you more to get your money back than to just chalking it up as a lesson learned and just moving on.

As for your other question... who knows, last he stated back in May, he was broke and living in a van. His phone screen has been broken for 2 years (not counting multiple computers breaking), but was getting back into his shop and had supplies to ship parts out asap. He said that his phone had all the contact info for everyone that he could access due to the broken screen, but how the help could he read texts then? I told him that he could use the library computers for free for emails (he said he had no access to a computer). And go to Walmart and for $20 have a damn phone. I believe absolutely zero of these digital problem stories, all of which could be removed very cheap and easily.

if you watched his eBay activity like I was, you would notice that after he said that he was having financial problems (before the May info) he was purchasing something from a jewelry only dealer on eBay.....

I am not sure if I believe any of his story or not, if I go through all my old emails regarding things he has said, there are inconsistencies. Hell, I could be 100% wrong and everything he has said was true and for that I would feel bad. But all I can do is speculate. What else can I do?

Almost a year ago I remembered his friend that helped bring the hoods back for him and dug up his info and contacted him. I asked him what was up with roger and mentioned that he had a certain deadline and that I would then take legal action. His friend said that he had no idea that there were any problems and that he would get back to me. I assume he mentioned the legal action to Roger and that is why 12 of us got a very long email back in May regarding his problems extremely soon after I told his friend what was going to happen. After that nobody has heard anything and his buddy has ignored any other emails from me trying to figure this all out.

I really wish that I knew the others all affected by this. I have been in contact with one other member here that has been waiting 6 more months than me, but nobody else. I was soposed to be getting a carbon fiber one, then when he was having problems, I told him just a fiberglass one will be perfectly fine, I would be more than happy. He then said that he would get the fiberglass one out to me right away, and then send me a carbon one when it was finished for no extra charge. I told him not to, just the one I payed for, don't lose money.

You can read the many pages of details in the appearance section across multiple superhawk threads.

I wish that I knew the absolute truth instead of just speculating. I have waited for 2 years to get everything else painted on my car all at once. And don't even get me started on the situation where someone sent him money after me and got their hood a year and a half ago. I am stuck because besides a Firehawk hood, there is no other hood that I would consider for my car. I wish someone would figure out another hood for the birds, or get in contact with roger and acquire his superhawk molds and start producing. That's how apparently vfn acquired the ws9 hood from him (as I understand the story)

There is a story that it is hard for him to receive text because he lives in the middle of nowhere, but he had me send money to his house, and no he does not live in the sticks where there is no cell service. And just now researching his address that he had me send money to, a new business is run out of there by a relative, and says that roger is a previous resident so who knows where he actually lives.

The whole situation is a mess that pisses me off due to the unknown. It took me 7 years to finally decide to step away from performance mods and finally due an appearance one, and this is what happened.

Last edited by BlackDuk98; 01-09-2017 at 03:06 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 03:09 AM
TECH Resident

Update: did a lot more digging and found a new number that says that it's his personal number, so I will try it this afternoon and see what becomes of it...
Old 01-09-2017, 01:06 PM
TECH Resident

Well the phone number is a bust. Turns out it is one of the numbers that I already had. His cell rings and goes to voicemail, shop number just automatically says that it doesn't exist, and his home number rings and goes to a voicemail where you can actually leave a message, but nobody ever answers.

There is also a different business with a different name being run out of his home, (marketing consultant company) run by a relative, but the number for that business turns out to be his old shop number and the business name being run out of there seems to exist nowhere on the interwebs. Back to nothing as usual
Old 01-09-2017, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

Damn that whole situation sucks. Sounds like a shitty MF
Old 01-09-2017, 02:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Man this dude has went absolute incognito.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:34 PM
TECH Resident

He did send a crazy long email stating that he still owed everyone a hood and that he would be shipping out soon, but this was back in May. So he does say that he owes people, but he dissapeared again. That is why I don't know if he is just scum, or if life took a **** on him. So I have been as nice about this whole deal as I think that I can be. I don't know anymore. Through some digging I found that he may have a social media account, but I have not been able to find it and this info has come from one of those online search website that you have to pay for info. I will still do some more digging, I have found a lot more than most, but they have all been dead ends without me personally driving to his home and knocking on his door.
Old 01-09-2017, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get on here much anymore, but it seems like every time I do there's another one of these threads and I just get pissed off all over again.

I've been meaning to get ahold of you for a while and see if you heard anything back after that last email in may. Guess that answers that.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by badbird
I don't get on here much anymore, but it seems like every time I do there's another one of these threads and I just get pissed off all over again.

I've been meaning to get ahold of you for a while and see if you heard anything back after that last email in may. Guess that answers that.

That's the same thing that happens to me, randomly see another thread about people asking and I get pissed off all over again. Basically forgot about it over summer since I am really busy and rarely come on here. Winter is when I am on a lot. You are the longest waiter that I have heard of.

Have you found out who any of the other people that are waiting?

My only developments are that his phone message changed to a different generic one made by the phone company, he doesn't seem to live at that house address anymore, there is a different company run out of that house by a relative with no website and the dead phone number from his shop. And according to a fact checking website that you have to pay for, may have a social media account which I tried to trace through Facebook through some of his known friends.

I don't even know what to say anymore about this situation, I have no options, I guess wait till the next superhawk thread pops up and like you, get pissed all over again.

I still stare at my new vfn hood struts for light weight hoods on the package for 2 years, or the "mint" ws6 airbox sitting on my dresser that I got ripped off on.

I am not sure that if I came across one locally if I would buy it. I would be pissed that I had to pay for another one, and would be pissed more because it would be like me promoting him by owning it.

Quick Reply: U.S. Exotics Superhawk hood still being sold?