Notices
Parts Classifieds This an archive of the older parts classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

15K mile LS2 Long Block w/ ported intake and 15K mile 4L60E

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 01:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 15K mile LS2 Long Block w/ ported intake and 15K mile 4L60E

Category: Engine - Complete Motors
Price: $3200
Part Fits: 93-02 Chevrolet Camaro, 93-02 Pontiac Firebird, 04-06 Pontiac GTO
Location (State): PA
Item Condition: Used
Engine: LS2/LS3/LS7/L92/LS9
LS Engine?: Fits LS Engine

Working up an LS3 based 416ci build and shop is being a bit stiff with what they will pay for the motor/trans so looking to go private sale.

This is a perfect condition LS2 long block and transmission out of a 2006 GTO with ZERO track time and only 15K miles. The LS2 intake on the motor is ported (will include injectors/rails, etc...) otherwise the 243's are stock and the cam is stock.

Would like to see $3200 as a package deal or $2500 for long block and $800 for transmission.

Right now looking at pickup in Harrisburg PA (can be made available to those in the DC area as well). Only items which will be removed from the long block are those items needed to swap over to the LS3 block.

NO sensors, tb, oil pan, windage tray, oil pump pickup, front cover, valley cover, etc.* All those items will be swapping over

Will come with the cam in it, oil pump, stock timing set, cam retainer, rear main, stock heads, ported ls2 intake with rails and injector

This is OBO so make some offers.

Will be available after build in approximately 30 days. Pictures will be taken at that time or I can take a picture of it in my car which won't do you any good.

I have the same SN on ls1gto.com and have a good reputation. I will not take any money until the items are removed. Deposit will be considered but I won't take more than $50 on deposit.

Last edited by Fast GTO; 08-19-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

What items are you keeping for your LS3 build? Looking to buy a roller, this might work but I am somewhat new at GEN IV stuff as i've been out of the game so long.
Old 07-24-2012, 03:19 PM
10 Second Club

Just the usually front components etc...

Pm sent
Old 07-24-2012, 04:39 PM
10 Second Club

do ls1 covers fit on an ls2
Old 07-24-2012, 05:28 PM
10 Second Club

FYI, all the usual for the swap from LS2 to LS3 means I'll be keeping the oil pan, front acessories, water pump, rear cover, front cover etc...

So basically the long block in this case will include the short block, heads fully assembled, intake full assembled. I'll be keeping the DBW TB.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Lots of interest already.

I prefer pick up first and then will consider shipping.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:44 PM
10 Second Club

NO sensors, oil pan, windage tray, oil pump pickup, front cover, cam retainer plate, valley cover, etc.

Going to be coming out in a few weeks.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent...
Old 07-26-2012, 05:12 PM
10 Second Club

NO sensors, tb, oil pan, windage tray, oil pump pickup, front cover, valley cover, etc.* All those items will be swapping over

Will come with the cam in it, oil pump, stock timing set, cam retainer, rear main, stock heads, ported ls2 intake with rails and injector

Last edited by Fast GTO; 07-26-2012 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 PM
10 Second Club

All Pm's returned. My priority is to pick up.

Lots of interest in long block...trans is also available. If no one buys the trans I am possibly going to donate it to a program that modifies cars for wounded warriors.
Old 07-27-2012, 05:19 AM
10 Second Club

I have a deposit on the long block.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

also have a bid on the trans
Old 08-19-2012, 09:27 AM
10 Second Club

4L65E trans still available with TC
Old 08-19-2012, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Wounded Warriors

Originally Posted by Fast GTO
All Pm's returned. My priority is to pick up.

Lots of interest in long block...trans is also available. If no one buys the trans I am possibly going to donate it to a program that modifies cars for wounded warriors.
Just bought a car yesterday and came back to see if this was still avail and saw your comment on donating the Transmission. Even if that doesn't happen, very noble of you to even consider.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

transmission still available, make some offers.

The program that made cars for wounded warriors is no longer in business.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:37 AM
10 Second Club

I'd consider trades on the transmission for a nitrous system (wet) and/or drag wheels
Old 09-25-2012, 09:24 PM
10 Second Club

Purchaser of the motor apparently has a complaint even though he physically picked it up and was briefed on exactly what he got.

So for clarity I and 100% certain I did not mislead anyone.

Here is a synopsis of exactly what was advertised.

Since you are quoting my thread I am not sure what isn't clear about all of this:

"NO sensors, tb, oil pan, windage tray, oil pump pickup, front cover, valley cover, etc.* All those items will be swapping over"

"Will come with the cam in it, oil pump, stock timing set, cam retainer, rear main, stock heads, ported ls2 intake with rails and injector". Notice here you are told a minimum of what will be included.

And

"FYI, all the usual for the swap from LS2 to LS3 means I'll be keeping the oil pan, front acessories, water pump, rear cover, front cover etc..."

"So basically the long block in this case will include the short block, heads fully assembled, intake full assembled. I'll be keeping the DBW TB." Again you are told....

I SPECIFICALLY say it is only the short block with heads and intake. I also continually update that thread with more stuff that is removed. Pretty clear to me and again clearer when you went to pick it up and were told directly. Etc...means there could be more removed for the swap. But even if this was misunderstood the other posts all list what you would get.

"FYI, all the usual for the swap from LS2 to LS3 means I'll be keeping the oil pan, front acessories, water pump, rear cover, front cover etc..." Again you are told I will keep what is needed for the swap.

"So basically the long block in this case will include the short block, heads fully assembled, intake full assembled. I'll be keeping the DBW TB." This is pretty clear.
Pretty clear what was sold and advertised was a short block with cam, heads, and intake with those items removed needed for my swap.

If you didn't like it why did you pick it up and bring it with you after you saw exactly what you were getting. There was no question regarding content when you saw it. If the parts to complete it cost more than you expected that is not my fault since I was 100% forthcoming and hid nothing and gave you the phone and cell to the guy taking it apart so you could verify before picking it up.

Edit: He was trying to muscle me into giving him the money for a front cover, coil brackets, and coil packs.

Clearly this thread specifies that there is no front cover. Coil brackets and coil packs were never included and clearly would be needed to finish a motor swap. Beyond that I ever went out of my way to leave the rear cover and cam retainer plate on the motor he got. I bought new ones for my motor purely so he wouldn't have to do it himself.

BTW, motor and trans are sold.

Last edited by Fast GTO; 09-26-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Quick Reply: 15K mile LS2 Long Block w/ ported intake and 15K mile 4L60E