Notices

WTB blown up MSD

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB blown up MSD

Need a box for mockup. PM me if you have a 6A or 6AL or Digital 6 Plus that you're gonna toss cuz I want it. I called MSD about getting a scrap box and they said the sanctioning bodies of the racing circuits came down on them about doing that cuz people were putting illegal devices inside the housings. Just need a housing for looks.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I might have a Digi 6 but I don't want to get rid of it yet because I really don't know if it's tanked or not :\ 50% chance, and I have no way to test it, and don't want to put it on my car since I don't want to blow the Opti or even chance it. So, sadly, I'd have to say $100 for mine lol

I've been really tempted to eBay or Craigslist it as an "As-Is" "Pull" sale.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Formula350
I might have a Digi 6 but I don't want to get rid of it yet because I really don't know if it's tanked or not :\ 50% chance, and I have no way to test it, and don't want to put it on my car since I don't want to blow the Opti or even chance it. So, sadly, I'd have to say $100 for mine lol

I've been really tempted to eBay or Craigslist it as an "As-Is" "Pull" sale.
In my experience, I have blown three up and they've all been no good when you send them to MSD. Well I actually blew one up, bought one blown up, and a friend blew one up. The one I blew up was unrepairable so thankfully warranty got me a new one no charge. I bought a Delteq and went without a box for a while. Decided to go to back to traditional ignition and bought a used MSD Dig 6 that was supposed to be good. I messed around and didn't install it right away. It was no good, MSD said economically unrepairable, and the guy says tough ****. *******. My friend (whom I sold my first, well second, box to) blew it up so he wanted me to send it in for him and got the same unrepairable verdict. So if you hook yours up and it doesn't work, I say save the $8 to send it to MSD and chuck it. I have kinda lost faith in MSD products. Save yourself the trouble with selling it as is too cuz more than likely it ain't gonna work and then you've a skirmish with a buyer.
Old 10-18-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

BTW, you won't blow up your opti with a bad MSD. The ignition just won't fire. My first blown up Dig 6 went south while I was driving it and there was a huge backfire. I simply pulled over and hooked up stock and all was good. So go out to the garage and hook it up and see if you get anything. If not, it's toast. I wonder how many returns MSD actually gets and are actually able to fix?
Old 10-18-2007, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

I have a junk 6AL box at home..
Old 10-18-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have an MSD 7A that im 95% sure works but i cant prove, i was told it was re-manned by MSD but cant verify. Would it be of any use to you?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Horsepwraddict
I have an MSD 7A that im 95% sure works but i cant prove, i was told it was re-manned by MSD but cant verify. Would it be of any use to you?
Not really although it would look kinda cool. That 7A should be a pretty hot item. If I were you I'd verify it worked and try to sell it!
Old 10-19-2007, 09:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dhdenney
Not really although it would look kinda cool. That 7A should be a pretty hot item. If I were you I'd verify it worked and try to sell it!
ive tried, nobody wants it

i will have to snag a friends car to test it...mine has no motor in it lol
Old 10-22-2007, 09:28 AM
TECH Veteran

TTT. Let me know if anyone has one of these.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what u hiding in there nitrous stuff?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Not hiding anything. There was a car show/get-together at the first of Nov and I just wanted it for mock. Doesn't like I'll get anything in time.

Quick Reply: WTB blown up MSD