Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 01:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default SES P0137

SES P0137

P0137 Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2

This went off twice this week.

However, I had the rear O2's deleted back in February.

I thought it was the front O2's, so I went and replaced them 2 days ago.

Now, 25 miles later, the car stumbled after filling up then set the code off again, and it feels like it's running rough.

What can I check now? 2 new front O2's, no simms in the back, just deleted via LS1Edit.

Perhaps water got in the cable? There's nothing on the hole/port.

HELP????!!!!!
Old 09-26-2003, 02:59 PM
12 Second Club

Default Re: SES P0137

More info, if it helps.

I filled up at Marathon once this week, and used 93 octane. I have never filled up at Marathon in my life with this car, always used Sunoco 94 until that day. This all started after filling up at Marathon. After I set the SES light ( before getting new replacement O2's ) I was getting about 8 miles per gallon. Thinking it was maybe bad gas from Marathon, I filled up last night at Sunoco ( had a 1/2 tank left ) immediately after replacing my front O2 sensors. Car stumbled as soon as I left the gas station, then picked up and was fine until today on the way home from work. SES light again, same code. Also did an atap run on the way to work today. LTFT's were at +6 ( a little lean ) so I MAFT'd them back down. O2's were at .890 average over 3 times the TPS>99 so not a fair run on O2's, but they are reading OK obviously.

Any ideas?
Old 09-28-2003, 08:18 AM
12 Second Club

Could this be a sign of a bad PCM? I had subframes welded on 2 weeks prior to this starting. I 'heard' that if you don't disconnect the battery ( both leads? ) it can fry the PCM? Also had poly motor mounts put in. Just looking for ANYTHING I can go look at on the car this Sunday. I'm checking for exhaust leaks today. Also ran Windows ATAP V2 and saw I am getting P0157 as well. So both rear banks. Noticed that after clearing the SES light, going WOT is what causes the light to come back on.
Old 09-28-2003, 11:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

So you have already deleted the SES codes and they are still setting??
Old 09-29-2003, 07:38 AM
12 Second Club

Yes, Joe Prince deleted them in February.

Now I'm going to see him in 2 weeks, so if this doesn't get resolved till then I'll wait.

I'm just looking for why the code would go off if it was deleted. Something has to be going.

I'm down to:

Fuel filter - maybe it got gummed up on the bad gas

TB - maybe the IAC motor is going?

I did a reset on the system by turning the key on, then pulling PCM BAT and PCN IGN, letting the car sit for 15 minutes, shutting it off then replacing the fuses. When I pulled PCM IGN, I heard the motor in the TB; it sounded like it moved. Is this normal? TB has been ported, and my at rest throttle blade position has always read .04 to .08, only reading a zero after it's been running a while.

NoGo, I've seen and read 100+ responses from you over SEARCH this past weekend - please try and help diagnose.

I checked all exhaust yesterday, no leaks. The rear O2 sensor wires just hang ( ziptied away ) as they are not used. The front ones have no pinches anywhere.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:32 PM
Doc
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1) Ok your rear sensor codes have not been deleted. You are still getting the rear codes right?
2) The rear O2's have nothing to do with performance, only emissions. That is they are verifying that the cats are doing their jobs.
3) The front O2's are definitely used by the PCM to determine performance. However, without a wideband O2...-(not ATAP or any other type of scanner like it-that merely is relaying the PCM'
s interpretation of the signal you will not get an accurate reading-ballpark yes-not dead on).
4)Front codes 151, 131 etc.
Old 09-29-2003, 06:33 PM
12 Second Club

I agree with 1. But why didn't the codes come on the past 6K miles since I picked up the car with no cats and no simms?
Old 04-11-2004, 03:58 PM
Teching In

My '00 T/A LS1 w/high flow air lid & K&M filter is doing the exact same thing and kicking out the same P0137 and P0157 codes. the only difference is that both of my post cat sensors are still there. I don't know where to start looking for a cause.
Old 04-11-2004, 05:32 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

do you have headers?

Quick Reply: SES P0137