Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car keeps throwing P0102 and P0103

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car keeps throwing P0102 and P0103

Can't seem to figure out a problem on my car. It keeps throwing codes P0102 and P0103 simultaneously. I have put in a brand new unmolested stock MAF to no avail. Where do I begin my search to get to the bottom of this problem? The engine sensor fuse is fine also. I just resolved a problem with no fuel pressure, but this is more than likely unrelated. The fuel line actually came off of the Walbro pump inside of the tank. There is a new Throttle Position Sensor in the vehicle also. Just cleaned the map sensor, as it was covered in motor oil. Don't know what other info to provide. Just want to get this fixed so I can make my trip back to Montana from Michigan. Original MAF died in South Dakota during my trip to Michigan. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

P0103 isnt that an o2 sensor?
Old 05-19-2009, 05:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

P0103: Mass Airflow (MAF) Sensor Circuit High.

Most of us get that code when we originally tune the VE Table using 'SD'.

Not 100% sure, but I think that code will be repeated xx number of times, until it is cleared.

Even a $40.00 OBD-II sensor should clear it. If it comes on again..will take more homework to fix.

Best of luck.

..WeathermanShawn..
Old 05-19-2009, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

I am not doing any tuning of any sort. I left my wide band in Montana hooked up to my V6 car. I do not understand how I can clear the codes using HP Tuners and then drive it for 5 minutes and set both a high and low MAF error code simultaneously. My car is running the original APE dyno tune from several years ago when I installed the motor. It does need tweaking, but it has run for years without a hitch. Another thing to consider is that the dyno tune was done with a descreened MAF, which just died last week. I am now running a screened 100% stock MAF. Could this cause these codes?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

No, I went back to a screened MAF a year ago and did not throw any codes.

You could log MAF Hz and see if you are getting a signal. Other than the connector and wiring into the PCM, it would be hard to believe your MAF has failed.

Perhaps some others have some insight. Most of my issues have been more minor. Always frustrating to chase down these problems.

Good luck.

..WeathermanShawn..
Old 05-20-2009, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

Will see what I come up with taking the laptop to lunch with me.
Old 05-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Launching!

if you have hp tuner, just go to the maf table, take about .2% out from the idle cells, which i think would be 3000hz and lower, if that doesn't fix it than i would go to the ve table and lean that out about 1%, but again only in the idle cells. if those values don't help , than revert back to the previous ve values and try taking 4% out. the maf is more sensitve and may not take much less than .2% without encountering starting problems. good luck.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

I will try to do some very limited changes with it tonight. I drove my car over 200 miles yesterday to the track, ran some quarter miles, and drove home. Only threw the codes one time right when I got to the track. I was not logging what was happening at the time, but I cleared the codes and they never came back. My car is down over 10 mph in the quarter from the last time I ran it. Also while logging at the track, I noticed that my injectors are averaging 128% duty cycle while going down the quarter!! Not good. Car drives fine as long as the codes are cleared. Obviously down on power, but drivable at part throttle.

Quick Reply: Car keeps throwing P0102 and P0103