Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torque Mgt & Knock Learn Factor: Help please

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Torque Mgt & Knock Learn Factor: Help please

I posted this in HP Tuners but have not recieved much help yet. Maybe I'm impatient.
I have two issues. Hence title.
I have checked in EVERY table that I know of and tried to eliminate ALL Trq Mgt. Got to be missing something somewhere. See .hpl file below

I have logged Trq. Mgt with a PID and found substantial timing being removed in various areas. Although, not many in the areas I would normally assume suspect but sufficient in frequency to possibly affect tune.
Can someone please take a look? I will attach a .hpl file?
Take a look at #9 histogram. I used (-) function at the end of the log and you can see the cells that were affected. Will the Trq. Mgt tables affect Knock Learn Factor?

NOW!!
Is there any way to speed up the Knock Learn Factor where it will resort back to the value of 1 or the HO table values? I have recently been monitoring this feature and for an example, I am already in the LO table and reflect a 0.25 value and after approx.15 miles the value rose to 0.38.

I have made several additional logs, probably 50 miles all together and have seen no further progression. I have not recorded any KR.
Is there some way to desensitize or speed up the return rate?
I have also included a .hpt file and just modified tune. This tune will reflect recently copied HO to LO table (both tables same values)to fine tune my advance so don't freak out. My previous file was with generally accepted lower values in the LO Advance table. This has been the only change in the .hpt file. Please let me know if you see a problem.
Sorry, it always seem my questions are wayyyy too long.
Attached Files
File Type: hpl
10-13-09 Trq Mgt.hpl (56.6 KB, 101 views)
File Type: hpt
10-13-09 1.hpt (573.6 KB, 124 views)
Old 10-13-2009, 11:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

You still have some TM in the AC tables. Were you running the AC?
Old 10-14-2009, 07:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
You still have some TM in the AC tables. Were you running the AC?
Yes, In fact since I posted I have found that when turning air on, timing is pulled. Is this normal or do I need to adjust something? I have seen anywhere from 2*, 5* and as much as 18* being pulled at times.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Just zero out the max retard tables under 'torque management' > 'engine torque' > 'AC torque'
Old 10-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Just zero out the max retard tables under 'torque management' > 'engine torque' > 'AC torque'
I do remember when wiring my electric fans, the positive source was referenced from the AC compressor switch. Could this be causing more spark reduction than normal?
If so, is there a way to adjust AC trq mgt values to account for this other than canceling out all timing in the tables? I assume its there for a particular reason.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Warhorse
I do remember when wiring my electric fans, the positive source was referenced from the AC compressor switch. Could this be causing more spark reduction than normal?
If so, is there a way to adjust AC trq mgt values to account for this other than canceling out all timing in the tables? I assume its there for a particular reason.
It's no different than zeroing out the other tables. There were there for a reason too. I've seen some recommend zeroing it for cammed cars to help keep the idle more stable during AC on/off transitions.

Realistically though, it's only pulling a few degrees here and there. I don't see that it is hurting anything by leaving it stock.
Old 10-14-2009, 02:49 PM
Teching In

It's no different than zeroing out the other tables. There were there for a reason too. I've seen some recommend zeroing it for cammed cars to help keep the idle more stable during AC on/off transitions.

Realistically though, it's only pulling a few degrees here and there. I don't see that it is hurting anything by leaving it stock.
Thanks
What can you or someone tell me about Knock Learn Factor and why it takes 100+ miles of driving to change from 0.25, 0.38,now is 0.56 and still not totally working from the HO Advance table. I have almost went through two tanks of fuel.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Your PCM/OS doesn't allow modifying of the Knock learn factor.

Maybe you can change the enable multiplier values so that it doesn't implement as much of the knock learn.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:39 AM
Teching In

Your PCM/OS doesn't allow modifying of the Knock learn factor.

Maybe you can change the enable multiplier values so that it doesn't implement as much of the knock learn.
How does anyone obtain consistancy out of their tuned engine if you get a little KR, false or otherwise, and have it resort to the LO Advance tables for a week or more without returning to the full HO Advance table. I have already run through two tanks of fuel without it ever fully recovering. I am still at a value of 0.56 of 1.00 in the Knock Learn Factor and have seen no further KR ?

If this is normal, there is probably going to be a lot of unhappy campers on this forum if they actually started monitoring Knock Learn Factor. I know GM would be very conservative but something must NOT be right in my tune to cause this much delay in the value returning.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:30 PM
TECH Junkie

If the values are only a few degrees less per table then there not going to be much difference in power loss at part throttle. At WOT just make them the same or nearly the same and make sure that there is plenty of leeway in the actual KR tables to save your *** in the case of real knock.

Quick Reply: Torque Mgt & Knock Learn Factor: Help please