Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail Order Tune

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 11:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail Order Tune

I definitly want to get a Mail Order tune come spring and I am looking for suggestions. I dont have much for mods, Lid/TD's for performance and m6 tranny...just want to make sure my car is running up to its ability.

Please let me know what experiences good and bad you guys have had with mail order tuning.

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I to am gonna order a tune, probably from PCMForLess because of their good rep. A buddy of mine has a Turbo'd 96 Z28 and he has ordered from them several times and he puts in a good word for them, he is very pleased with their tunes.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

Bryceslu: You do not need a mail order tune for your mods,,, very little to gain. To get any gains, you will need your car specifically tuned on a chassis dyno.

EDIT: another route you might consider is to buy a used handheld tuner and take your car to a 1/4 mile dragstrip. Richen or lean out the top end in small increments and watch the trap speed. Higher trap speed means more RWHp. Do NOT look at the ET; its too dependent on the 60' time.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:43 PM
11 Second Club

I was verry happy with WAITE4ME. Do a search for his ph. # on site or google.
Johnny
Old 02-10-2010, 06:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bryceslu
I definitly want to get a Mail Order tune come spring and I am looking for suggestions. I dont have much for mods, Lid/TD's for performance and m6 tranny...just want to make sure my car is running up to its ability.

Please let me know what experiences good and bad you guys have had with mail order tuning.

Thanks.
The best thing is for you to find a tuner that will do a street tune for you. You have some gain from a tune even if your car is stock by turning off a few things and doing drivability and getting your fuel trims in line. A dyno tune will not help you . All it will do is tell you how much power you are making to wheels.
A good tuner will have all the tools necessary to do it correctly on the street.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:03 PM
Staging Lane

Tunedbyfrost.com

Steve by far I feel is the best

Im ordering mine in about a week. Payday lol

All the research Ive done and how well and honest he is when it comes to answering my millions of questions have proven that he is willing to do as much as he can. Very professional experience and I havent even bought it . YET!!! GOD PAYDAY NEEDS TO COME SOONEr!

Hope this helps.
But to add on what others said. YES you will not get any better then on a dyno with a reasonable tuner. But with steve ive noticed, he comes close and in some cases spot on with just a mail order tune, and always willing to help.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just got mine back a few days ago from Frost(Steve). He really is a true business man. Answered everything I threw at him.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by HUNTER02SS
The best thing is for you to find a tuner that will do a street tune for you. You have some gain from a tune even if your car is stock by turning off a few things and doing drivability and getting your fuel trims in line. A dyno tune will not help you . All it will do is tell you how much power you are making to wheels.
A good tuner will have all the tools necessary to do it correctly on the street.

What he said...
Old 02-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah I have heard nothing but good things about Frost tuning.
I may me able to throw some longtubes on it come spring/summer and then I would probably just throw down on a dyno tune from at a local shop.
Just a major drawback that its at least going to be $350
Old 02-11-2010, 05:11 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lazyboi808
Tunedbyfrost.com

Steve by far I feel is the best
I was really skeptical about mail order tune initially but when I gave FROST tune a try, pretty much changed my mind about it. Steve really knows his stuff and quite frankly I'm really impress on how he gave me options or choices on what route I can take not just like someone would throw in a tune to you and call it a day.

Nonetheless, IMO dyno tune or street tune is still better because of the fact that is REAL time tuning.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Frost's prices are pretty good. Otherwise to me it wasnt worth it to get a mail order tune. I wont mention any names, but it cost me like $250 or something like that, and for another 200 i could have gotten a dyno tune. I dont like it mainly becaues i have no idea how the tune is and now i want a tune with a wideband. Do yourself a favor, and find someone to tune it with a wideband, whether it be dyno tune, or street tune. I know i would be happier if i had. But that's just me.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Staging Lane

FROST for sure!!!! You CANNOT go wrong............If you have any issues, he makes them right, he does not give up!!!!
Old 02-12-2010, 08:32 AM

Frost mailed mine back today, will let ya'll know the outcome, but from what I hear about Steve, no worries here.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 AM
12 Second Club

Can't beat Frost, Steves a good guy and will really look out for you. Hes got my business and I'll refer him to anyone!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Launching!

what does frost charge to delete vats and add iac ,and tps?
Old 02-17-2010, 09:08 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bryceslu

Thanks.

Steve from www.tunedbyfrost.com

I won't let anyone else tune mine
Old 02-17-2010, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AFASTYZFR1
Steve from www.tunedbyfrost.com

I won't let anyone else tune mine
^^^ +1 for Steve
Old 02-17-2010, 02:10 PM
Staging Lane

another one for tunedbyfrost. Usually same day turn around and a really good price.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:04 AM
Staging Lane

Yeah, Steve got my computer yesterday so I will let you know once I get mine back together as well. Heard nothing but good things and again +++3 on the great customer service so far. Mine is a typical head/cam bolt on car so fingers crossed!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm another who is happy with Frost. I'm cammed/stalled and he tuned me awesome.