PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems accessing my PCM after TSP tune!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems accessing my PCM after TSP tune!

I had my PCM tuned by TSP and now when I try to access my pcm with HP tuner it wont connect. Now I can scan and log data but I can't read or write to the pcm. I had no problems accessing it before the TSP tune. I called TSP and the said that it could be software difference meaning they use a beta version of hp tuners and I'm using vcm 2.22 is this true? If so can I update to the beta program for free? Or can it be done at all? If not how do I access my pcm? If all else fails I might try flashing it back to stock with the genisys scan tool and starting over again because the mail order tune is close and its been good for awhile I just want to touch it up.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:03 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the error you are seeing when trying to read with our software?
Old 03-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Teching In

I think its something along the lines of authorization codes denied.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

check and see if u vin number is still correct, i had a shop flash a diffrent cars tune onto my computer. what a pita
Old 03-10-2010, 06:45 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by 02'z
I think its something along the lines of authorization codes denied.
Authorization codes denied means the seed key has been changed from stock(ie tunerlocked)
Old 03-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Yea they could have locked the tune
Old 03-15-2010, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

Security access codes denied was the code. Can the pcm now be reflashed to stock at the dealer to regain access? Or is the only recourse new pcm or through texas speed (friend of 02'z)
Old 03-15-2010, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Security access codes denied was the code. Can the pcm now be reflashed to stock at the dealer to regain access? Or is the only recourse new pcm or through texas speed (friend of 02'z)
Old 03-16-2010, 08:05 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by foff667
Authorization codes denied means the seed key has been changed from stock(ie tunerlocked)
So I know the guys from TSP are on this forum and I've talked to you several times and every time you guys tell me that you DO NOT lock your PCM's! Then I called last week and you tell me to talk to HPTuners. So I do and what do they say authorization codes well just read the quote lol. So here is the deal I need to access my pcm now and I need to know how to do this I dont care if you guys fix it I just want to know how so I can fix it myself.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:15 PM
Teching In

Anybody? I just really need to know if I could reflash to stock using something other then HP Tuners so I can start all over.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Anybody? I just really need to know if I could reflash to stock using something other then HP Tuners so I can start all over.
If the pcm is locked you likely won't be able to read or flash it with any software, there are some places that offer unlocking services like Frost, Alvin at tick and possibly a few others.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:35 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It wasn't tuner locked, rest assured. Bill, what error will it throw on the customer's if it's a version error (beta to non-beta type of thing)?

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 03-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Shouldn't TSP unlock it for me? Or you would think the would unlock it for free since they lock it without me knowing.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:32 PM
Teching In

Matt, would you guys be able to unlock it for me or try to figure out what is going on with the PCM? I wouldn't be able to send it to until early next month. I need to get this thing unlocked so I can get the car ready for summer!
Old 03-16-2010, 03:34 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Matt@Texas-Speed
It wasn't tuner locked, rest assured. Bill, what error will it throw on the customer's if it's a version error (beta to non-beta type of thing)?

Reading from a PCM transcends version... When I get a file that is made in a beta (2.23) and want to use it with 2.22 I simply flash a PCM with the file made with the beta and then read it out with 2.22.

I've never heard of you guys locking PCMs or run across one that you have locked in the past, but that error is definitely a seed/key error. I just got done re-assembling a PCM that I fixed for someone that had that error. FWIW, his was locked and came from a tuner known for locking.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Teching In

So what you saying is software differences wouldn't be they issue here? I should be able to read the pcm even if the tune was wrote in beta (2.23).
Old 03-16-2010, 04:34 PM
FormerVendor

That's right. I do it regularly on most year PCMs here and there.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:39 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Beta, non beta, both both read/write the same. An invalid auth codes error means the seed key has been altered from GM stock, the software will then try to read it a second time using the alternate seed key(for our gen 3 custom operating systems), if that seed key does not work it will alert you it failed due to excessive attempts.

-Bill
Old 03-16-2010, 05:24 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Matt, would you guys be able to unlock it for me or try to figure out what is going on with the PCM? I wouldn't be able to send it to until early next month. I need to get this thing unlocked so I can get the car ready for summer!
Feel free to send it and I'll have the tuner check it out...but like I said, he's never intentionally locked ANYBODY's computer, period. I'll be amazed if it gets here and is locked.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Feel free to send it and I'll have the tuner check it out...but like I said, he's never intentionally locked ANYBODY's computer, period. I'll be amazed if it gets here and is locked.
When you guys get it in shoot me an email directly at bill at hptuners.com and we'll run some tests to make sure its not a software issue to rule that out at least.

-Bill

Quick Reply: Problems accessing my PCM after TSP tune!