PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Twin Turbo getting a retune. Look at my current Dyno graph!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Turbo getting a retune. Look at my current Dyno graph!

Hey guys,
Im getting a retune or (touch up) tune this Monday in Gettysburgh ,Pa by Jerremy Farmatto for my 02 35th LE APS TT Camaro . I had it tuned last summer with the stock APS turbos and put down 633 RWHP on 10psi with the tires still breaking loose on the dyno LOL Jerremy said he likes to keep his turbo tunes a bit rich and safer at full boost , which i didnt mind beings i wanted a nice,safe tune myself anyways
I have since upgraded my (JUNK APS) turbos for the bigger (BETTER) lol LG turbos and is why im going for a (touch up) tune this Monday and is why im posting up my current dyno sheet from last summer for you guys .You'll notice at full boost between 4K and 5K its like 10 to 1 AFR and was wondering if i should have him lean this out a tad when i get it retuned this Monday or do you guys think this is a nice safe AFR at full boost? My plugs look perfect by the way and the car dosnt feel fat either under full boost. I guess i just wanted to get some feed back from you guys before i go for the (touched up) tune for these bigger LG turbos . Im not looking to pull every bit of power out of this build either guys as some do as my rides a weekend warrior/garage queen type bitch that doesnt like being worked on LOL or shall i say: im tired of working on her LOL I finally got her right after 4 years of building her and really just want to enjoy it now
Thanks guys and here the current dyno sheet

Last edited by barnat; 06-14-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

is this a stock block ls1? dipping into the 10s and lower I would think is pointless, how "safe" are you trying to be??

I could see running down to a 10.5 ; I ran mine at 11:1 at 12psi and made the most power with 18 degrees on 93
Old 06-14-2010, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZL1Killa
is this a stock block ls1? dipping into the 10s and lower I would think is pointless, how "safe" are you trying to be??

I could see running down to a 10.5 ; I ran mine at 11:1 at 12psi and made the most power with 18 degrees on 93
No, its a forged 6.0 and i didnt tell him i wanted the AFR that low. Its just where it ended up when he was done tuning it. I figuired or guessed it was from where my secound fuel pump was kicking on maybe?(Hobbs switch)Just wanting some input from you guys before i go back Its a SD tune too with 60lb injectors if this helps ? Im also not a tuner at all and is why i payed to have it done for me I guess what im really asking here is it going to hurt anything leaving it the way it is or should i see if i can have it leaned out a tad to say 10.5 to 1 or even 11 to 1 under full boost?

Last edited by barnat; 06-14-2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nobody else has any input on this? WOW! I thought ide have 10 replys by now on this LOL
Old 06-15-2010, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 70 Likes on 62 Posts

maybe, try posting in the Fi forum?? More lookers there, I'd think.
Only reason it's as low as 10:1 is it appears that's as low as the chart is laid out to go...Maybe even fatter than 10???
Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 PM
TECH Resident

so its a forged motor and how much PSI do you want to run, what is your timing, and what is your compression? Those are some simple questions.

For instance, I'm running 12psi, 18 degrees of timing, 93 octane, 10:1 compression (LS1)

It is all forged and I run a ~11 : 1 AFR ratio. its more like 11.2 and it is SMOOTH from the time I get on it until up top.

You can actually burn MORE fuel down low, as you have more combustion time versus at 7k RPM. Also by increasing fuel to an extent down low and decreasing timing you can help spool the turbo slightly.

I would try and have it dip to 11:1 at the beginning and stay within 11:1 or 11.2 to 1 throughout. I would think there is some power on the table and that it is stupidly safe now.

What spark plugs are you running? what gap? what gas? at that AFR you may just be depositing a hell of a lot of carbon everywhere.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:52 AM

i think its a bit fat. what do the plugs look like?
Old 06-21-2010, 10:22 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The gauge will only read to 10.0 which who knows actually how rich it is. That i think is more unsafe than safe IMO. We run all of our boosted cars in the 11.5 range. "Safe" would be 11.4ish with not too much timing. You shouldn't have the AFR rich to make it safe. Just pull a couple degrees of timing out of it.