Sponsored by:

HPTuners...Unlicensed File?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 12:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Location: Johnsonville, SC; but orginally from GAINESVILLE, FL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HPTuners...Unlicensed File?

Using HPTuners and downloaded stock tune. Opened the tune I had setup (a .bin file) and this screen popped up. I am able to view the tune that was built, but that is really it.

Could not flash it. Flash button was "grayed" out so it was not an option to click. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Micah
Old 11-25-2010, 01:48 AM
Launching!

If you licensed your car's PCM/VIN and Tune you need to open up the licensed tune that you pulled from the car, and open the unlicensed stock tune from the repository and copy each and every table back into your pulled tune if that's what you want. That's the only way I know how to do it.... I.E select the entire Main VE table, Ctrl +C (Copy) go back into your pulled tune select Main ve and paste. Do that for everything that might have been changed. Hope that helps.
Old 11-25-2010, 07:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by matthew20061
If you licensed your car's PCM/VIN and Tune you need to open up the licensed tune that you pulled from the car, and open the unlicensed stock tune from the repository and copy each and every table back into your pulled tune if that's what you want. That's the only way I know how to do it.... I.E select the entire Main VE table, Ctrl +C (Copy) go back into your pulled tune select Main ve and paste. Do that for everything that might have been changed. Hope that helps.
yep but there is a little bit easier way. go into the licensed file and then open the file you dont have licensed as a compare file as this will be a lot easier to make the changes. If you click show differences all you have to do is zero everything out and it will make the numbers the same as the compare file... just saves a step of copying pasting.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like it might work.

If I do this js there a chance that I could jack up my stock tune? If I save this new file won't it just become another unlicensed file?

Last edited by MICAH HERRON; 11-25-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MICAH HERRON

If I do this js there a chance that I could jack up my stock tune? If I save this new file won't it just become another unlicensed file?
you are just comparing the unlicensed tune to the one you have on your car. So open the file that you have license THEN open the other file as a compare file. When you do what got-a-ls1 said you will only be changing your licensed tune to reflect what unlicensed one looks like. Then once you are done save that file as a DIFFERENT name, flash it into your PCM and you should be good to go.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:21 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MICAH HERRON

If you start with your original file and make changes to it then it will be licensed. Once you get all the copied over differences then you will need to do a file save as and give it a new name. It won't have any effect on your original file.

If you are afraid of making a mistake then put your original file on a USB flash drive before you start. Not necessary but just in case!
Old 11-25-2010, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
yep but there is a little bit easier way. go into the licensed file and then open the file you dont have licensed as a compare file as this will be a lot easier to make the changes. If you click show differences all you have to do is zero everything out and it will make the numbers the same as the compare file... just saves a step of copying pasting.
In the "view comparison log", you can right click on things, and pick "copy over differences"...you can make 2 files the same in like 20 seconds with that.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
In the "view comparison log", you can right click on things, and pick "copy over differences"...you can make 2 files the same in like 20 seconds with that.
Yup, if it takes you more than 20 seconds to copy over all the differences from one file to another you are doing something wrong

-Bill
Old 11-25-2010, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike454SS
Do you right click the file you want it copied too? Or right click the file you are moving it from?

No worries, I am sure I can figure this out. Thanks guys!
Old 11-26-2010, 12:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

I pulled up my stock licensed tune, saved it as a different name and then transferred the data highlighted in the compared files and everything was good to go. Appreciate the help guys! Installing my LTs tomorrow!

Quick Reply: HPTuners...Unlicensed File?