PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for tuner around Rome, Ga.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for tuner around Rome, Ga.

Ok, so with my LQ9 build I have contacted several people via email about getting a tune done for my car, and most have recommended going to a shop. It's a 2003 LQ9 with ls3 intake, 42lb injectors, 90mm LS2 tb, EPS 222/230 .597/.600 114LSA, GTO T56, L92 heads, PAC 1518 srpings, and I'm keeping A/C.

However the only shop in Rome that can do a tune only has an engine dyno and want's ~$700..... Which seems a bit high for bringing them my engine with harness and pedal and them tuning the PCM with the engine dyno.

So, I can get hptuners for $500 and tune it myself, which I would rather not do, or try and find another source. The next closest shop is in Atlanta, which is about a hour and a half away. Which would work if I could at least get a base tune to make it there.

Anyways if anyone can reccomend a mail order tune or a local guy around here that would be awesome!

Places I've emailed:
tunedbyfrost (reccomended a shop very friendly and professional)
pocono (recomended wait4me)
pcmforless (waiting to hear from)
wait4meperformance (waiting to hear from)
evansmotorsports (the local shop that seemed a bit high)

Last edited by devlmaycry; 03-21-2011 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vengeance. They will mail order then take that off your dyno. Or atleast use to. They did Mine and it was great. They told me lifetime free retunes and now don't so they won't. Kinda crappy service but the tune is one of the best in the country. The mail tune was so close it drove great on the way to them and I went from stock ls1 to a built ls3.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ps they are i Cummings. And it use to be 550$. Don't quote me it coulda gone up like everything else is.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by t/a98
Ps they are i Cummings. And it use to be 550$. Don't quote me it coulda gone up like everything else is.
Ah, cool I found their site, emailed them, and they are a sponsor on the site. Hopefully this will help me out enough to make it to the shop for the fine tune. The mail order tune on the site is $250. So closer to what I'm looking for in a base tune.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:36 AM
FormerVendor

Vengeance. They will mail order then take that off your dyno. Or atleast use to. They did Mine and it was great. They told me lifetime free retunes and now don't so they won't. Kinda crappy service but the tune is one of the best in the country. The mail tune was so close it drove great on the way to them and I went from stock ls1 to a built ls3.
I would like to thank you for your comments on the tune you received from Vengeance. I would also like to provide some insight as to the changes on our tuning policy....

In November of 2010 we made several changes within the company. I took full ownership of Vengeance Racing and Mike opened his own company now called Vengeance PCM.... We restructured in an effort to provide our customers with better service/quicker turn around. These changes allowed Mike to have more time to focus on tuning and allowed me more time to focus on running Vengeance Racing.

Unfortunately we did have to make some changes during this process... One of these changes was our "tune update policy"... We changed from "lifetime" to 12 months. We feel this is more than enough time to work out any issues with your vehicle and ensure everything is 100%. After looking at several other shops we found most of them offer ZERO free updates.

I hope this clears the air a bit. We dont want ANY of our customers to feel we offer "crappy" service...
Old 03-22-2011, 07:46 AM
On The Tree

Sounds reasonable to me.
Old 03-22-2011, 11:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vengeance. They will mail order then take that off your dyno. ..
That's why I told him to speak with his local tuner... It would be $200 from me and basically just a driving tune for that setup. For locals here, they get $100 of that credited back against full tuning when the car comes in. Since so many tuners seem to do this, I recommended him going this route to save him some dollars.
Old 03-22-2011, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Yeah, for some reason my search terms for google just wasn't returning a lot of places near Rome, Ga or the Atlanta area. So, I posted here and sure enough someone knew somebody near-by that could get me a base/mail order tune so I can make it in for a fine tune. It's only been a day since I emailed and called vengeance, but I'm hoping to hear back from them soon.

If it hadn't been for Frost letting me know the best route I might still be searching in the wrong places for my needs.
Old 03-24-2011, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Mike at vengeance is the winner! I just mailed out the ecu today and hopefully should have it back by next Fridayish.

Quick Reply: Looking for tuner around Rome, Ga.