Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuners, 01 PCM and E85. Looking to compare tunes

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 12:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Tuners, 01 PCM and E85. Looking to compare tunes

I would like to look over others tune's who are running E85 and see if I can make some tweaks to mine.

I have the car in my sig, basically all bolt ons but a cam (Buying one currently) and running E85 currently but really getting horrible gas mileage.

I want to take a look at a few other tunes as I expected it to get worse but I was doing really well and now I am well.. horrible (11mpg is my best so far)

I would appreciate anyone's help being able to look over any NA tunes and learn something.
If you could tell me what you have done, what your normal climate is (elevation, temps, humidity) if you don't mind etc that would be a huge help.

Thanks!!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Default hey

i just was looking at your hpt interface thread Wow!!!
they wouldn't talk it out on the phone?
Thats nuts.I am locked out of it so i found u here.Call David Rochau, Albuquerque.He seems to know his sh*t.

mike
Old 09-19-2011, 11:10 AM
7 Second Club

Received 283 Likes on 187 Posts

Well, post up your tune and I'll give some input but I don't post up mine or others tunes.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by NicD
I don't post up mine or others tunes.
If you dont mind me asking... Why the secrecy?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:42 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by pwrtrip75
If you dont mind me asking... Why the secrecy?
Two reasons the first of which it's not my business to post up customer tunes and the second is that I charge for stuff like that. It also causes problems such as, "I downloaded your tune and loaded it into my car and it's not running and was wondering if you could help". I have no problems helping people out online but I don't give people tunes.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

No problem, let me get you that tune.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/6/...9/01vettecross

Thats what you want correct? I would really appreciate your input NicD, Esp being in AZ its hard to not know you/about you. I thought about PMing you on DSC Forums but I was not sure if you were still active over there.

Thanks again Nic!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:45 PM
12 Second Club

Just fixed the link sorry if you just tried and it did not work, it does now.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:54 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cross
No problem, let me get you that tune.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/6/...9/01vettecross

Thats what you want correct? I would really appreciate your input NicD, Esp being in AZ its hard to not know you/about you. I thought about PMing you on DSC Forums but I was not sure if you were still active over there.

Thanks again Nic!
Alright I was able to download it but only have time to glance right now and it just looks like timing being thrown at it for the sake of throwing timing at it. Is it even going into PE mode at WOT? Do you see the commanded a/f drop from 9.7 at cruise to lower when you go WOT in the scanner? What injectors do you have? What do your fuel trims do at idle/part throttle? With a bolt on car there isn't much too it to get it to run correctly though and make power, it's when you do the cam that you really have to start paying attention to lots of different things to get the driveability out of it.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NicD
Alright I was able to download it but only have time to glance right now and it just looks like timing being thrown at it for the sake of throwing timing at it. Is it even going into PE mode at WOT? Do you see the commanded a/f drop from 9.7 at cruise to lower when you go WOT in the scanner? What injectors do you have? What do your fuel trims do at idle/part throttle? With a bolt on car there isn't much too it to get it to run correctly though and make power, it's when you do the cam that you really have to start paying attention to lots of different things to get the driveability out of it.
I actually paid a Tuner to tune it for me and have been talking to him about what can be done to fix my gas mileage problem and work out the kinks but I need more information and bought HP tuners so I could also run a 91 Octane tune for when I want to travel outside of area's with E85.
But after talking to him about the gas mileage issues (9.8 to 10.4mpg) and him feeling its not really going to change at this point and is most likely something failing on my vehicle itself I wanted to look at others tunes who were not having this issue and see what I could learn and hopefully be able to ask him questions that did not cause tension between us.

I have a log of just driving it around but getting on it twice in first gear I will upload that now.

I have 40lb injectors in it.

Let me load that log that will probably do a better job of answering what your asking Nic.

Last edited by Cross; 09-20-2011 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-19-2011, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

Log File:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/6/...20at%209pm.hpl
Old 09-19-2011, 04:16 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cross
I actually paid a Tuner to tune it for me and have been talking to him about what can be done to fix my gas mileage problem and work out the kinks but I need more information and bought HP tuners so I could also run a 91 Octane tune for when I want to travel outside of area's with E85.
But after talking to him about the gas mileage issues (9.8 to 10.4mpg) and him feeling its not really going to change at this point and is most likely something filing on my vehicle itself I wanted to look at others tunes who were not having this issue and see what I could learn and hopefully be able to ask him questions that did not cause tension between us.

I have a log of just driving it around but getting on it twice in first gear I will upload that now.

I have 40lb injectors in it.

Let me load that log that will probably do a better job of answering what your asking Nic.
Well after looking at the log I see a few things. Burst knock active when it shouldn't be, decel fueling richness due to injectors not being setup correctly, WOT airmass way off for a stock Z06, and extremely rich tip in part throttle conditions. This all can account for a mileage drop but how much I really can't say.

What 40lb injectors exactly?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:23 PM
12 Second Club

This is the mod's list:
BBK SSI Intake an 90mm TB and BBK Bellow (SP?)
Blackwing CAI with Ice Box
Texas Speed Headers, X Pipe, dual exhaust with new Delphi O2's (No Cats, all Emissions items gone)
25% UDP
Milled 243's
On the injectors they were Red Top Injectors (Fat) I bought off eBay I can not find the purchase record anymore though so I will try to pull a part number tonight.