Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail Order Tune

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail Order Tune

I've been researching a little the differences between a dyne tune and mail order tune and what I've got out of it is this: A dyne tune will always be better and yield more horsepower because it's more precise for your car, and a mail order tune is fine for a bolt on car like headers and lid. This car is already ***** fast to me in it's stock form so I don't think I'll notice the extra few horsepower I'll get from a dyne tune. So here's the point, I have a lid and cat back right now and I'm installing long tubes this month and deleting my E.G.R and AIR and need to get it tuned, but a mail order tune is much cheaper for me (I'm only a college student and money's kind of tight). If the mail order tune can get rid of the check engine light and make the car run right for the headers I'll do it, but if I really have to wait to get a dyne tune I can hold off installing the headers. Like I said, I know the dyne tune will be better but if the mail tune will turn off the CEL and make the car run fine I'll just do that, I don't need the extra few horsepower. So question is, are the mail order tunes pretty respectable?
Old 11-25-2011, 09:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is currently on a mail order tune from "Frost" and she runs like a raped ape. Its a Full bolt on Tune aswell.
If you do consider Mail order, check in with frost , everyone recommended him for Bolt on Mail order tunes so i pulled the trigger on it. Im also a college student on a tight budget

Here is the link to his site : http://tunedbyfrost.com/
Old 11-25-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bestlude
My car is currently on a mail order tune from "Frost" and she runs like a raped ape. Its a Full bolt on Tune aswell.
If you do consider Mail order, check in with frost , everyone recommended him for Bolt on Mail order tunes so i pulled the trigger on it. Im also a college student on a tight budget

Here is the link to his site : http://tunedbyfrost.com/
Yeah, that's what I've been hearing is he's the man for the job, I was just wondering if they actually worked and turned off the CEL and everything, I don't mind losing a couple horsepower over a dyne tune because exit's not a drag car, I get on it a couple times a week but not racing or anything
Old 11-26-2011, 12:57 AM
12 Second Club

I'm sure a mail order tune is fine for lid and headers. I bought HP Tuners after my car was dyno tuned twice. Thank God too, seems too many guys buy tuning software and get jobs tuning cars. Frost seems to have a really good rep. However, I don't know the guy but have been on these boards for years.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Talk to George at Boost Performance off of Hillside there in Amarillo....he can street tune it and/or dyno tune it last I heard.

Otherwise for a mail order tune, Frost is one of the best and I would recommend him any time.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gectek
Talk to George at Boost Performance off of Hillside there in Amarillo....he can street tune it and/or dyno tune it last I heard.

Otherwise for a mail order tune, Frost is one of the best and I would recommend him any time.
I've actually talked to George many times, and I'm still considering the option, I was just curious as how well for mail order tunes were for bolt on only cars, he's a nice guy
Old 11-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Launching!

a mail order tune from frost will do everything you need and more,i had mine done from frost and couldn't be happier, trust us shoot him an email, you won't regret it.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ive sent them three emails, and I havent got a call yet!
Old 12-04-2011, 11:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I sent Steve @ Frost an email recently, and he emailed me right back.
Steve is very user-friendly.
When I replied to his reply, I received an automated reply from him.
He may be unavailable for a short time.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:10 PM
2TR
On The Tree

Recommend: Without a doubt, www.TunedByFrost.com.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Not trying to down anyone just not good with computer. Think I ordered wrong. I ordered ECM but don't know if they know I want it tune. Paid for ECM. Do go back into pay for a tune or do they read contact email add the tune then charge me for it. I put my upgrades in the contact information.
Old 12-05-2011, 07:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Talk to Steve via Email, hope to get things worked out on injectors by FIC, got to return, and get 80lbs Semkias.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MillsMotorvation
Talk to Steve via Email, hope to get things worked out on injectors by FIC, got to return, and get 80lbs Semkias.

Ive been trying to get ahold of steve for a few days now with no luck thru email or pms.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldnt hesitate to go to George @ Boost. He made my H/C/I/E TA drive like stock and get 26+mpg on highway. I've gotten 3-4 tunes from him over the years compared to 1 from TSP. Now that George has a dyno his tunes are even more spot on, and you get a nice power number to go along with it.

Quick Reply: Mail Order Tune