Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plug change now flashing ses

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plug change now flashing ses

Just relpaced all plugs and wires with msds and tr55s, took the ws6 out for a driveand as soon as she warmed up i could feel the missfire, ses came on steady andi went to drive to advance to get the code read, the ses started blinking, turned round and went home.
Checked all wires and they were all clicked in, gona get the lend of a scan tool tomorrow and see what it says,
Im so bummed, any ideas of what i may be looking at?
I gapped the plugs using the simple disk like gapper to close enough .55. Could i have applied too much dieelectric grease?
One other thing i dumped abottle of tectron injector cleaner into her and fill it to the neck till i couldnt get another drop in, could this have caused it?
Any help greatly appreiacted
Old 08-05-2012, 06:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

New defective spark plug? I'd pull and inspect them....worst case, replace them again and see if that cures it. Could also be a defective new plug wire....

Filling it to the neck could also be causing fuel to be pulled through the evap?
Old 08-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Teching In

Use scan tool and that will tell you which cylinder is misfiring then take it from there.

Roach
Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

probably cracked a porcelain (sp) on one of the plugs...
Old 08-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Staging Lane

The thoughts of doing all this again is horrible!!!!!
I also changed my pcv valve and didnt do a pcm reset, but it idled fine on start up.
The miss fire was only noticable on full warm up, and started after i hit her hard from a stop and heard backfire, ran shitty after that
Old 08-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Staging Lane

On the msds what resistance sould i be seening? I purchased fron nastynate and im sure he has a very good rep
Old 08-05-2012, 08:59 PM
11 Second Club

scan the car, it will pinpoint the cylinder that is misfiring and then check that plug... Its very easy to crack a plug and it would cause your misfire. You could also wait until it is completely dark out and see if you have any arcing...
Old 08-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Teching In

Scan the car and determine which cylinder... It's been said three times now.

My guess is a bad plug. And .55 is a fairly big gap IMO but to each his own. A colder plug/TR6?? plugs might hold up better as well should the problem repeat its self down the road.

Roach
Old 08-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by irishws6
Just relpaced all plugs and wires with msds and tr55s, took the ws6 out for a driveand as soon as she warmed up i could feel the missfire, ses came on steady andi went to drive to advance to get the code read, the ses started blinking, turned round and went home.
Checked all wires and they were all clicked in, gona get the lend of a scan tool tomorrow and see what it says,
Im so bummed, any ideas of what i may be looking at?
I gapped the plugs using the simple disk like gapper to close enough .55. Could i have applied too much dieelectric grease?
One other thing i dumped abottle of tectron injector cleaner into her and fill it to the neck till i couldnt get another drop in, could this have caused it?
Any help greatly appreiacted
Flashing SES is MULTIPLE misfires......so unless you cracked more than one spark plug, thats not it.

Usually when people report MULTIPLE misfires right after a plug and/or wire change....they have spark plug wire(s) touching the metal piping of the exhaust manifolds or LT's. Make sure the spark plug wires are not touching anything AT ALL. That will cause misfires.

.050 is the best gap for any N/A pump gas LSx engine.......but .055 is fine too. Thats not the issue.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:09 PM
Staging Lane

Ok gentlemen, i scanned the s.o.b p0301, took out number one plug, it was black as coal, put in a new one and shes flying now.
However i still have the pesky p0200 code pending- the whole reason i changed the plugs and wires initally , i ran some injector cleaning through the gas so im praying it might clear up
Old 08-06-2012, 07:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

.... i still have the pesky p0200 code pending- the whole reason i changed the plugs and wires initally....
Check the injector connector pins for corrosion and loose fitting. Also check the coil harness connectors for the same thing.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

checked all injector harnesses,all tight and secure even checked the resistance af all, all good the p0200 only happens after a shutter in first or second gear, can feel it missing slightly.
if the injector cleaner dosent work ill have to remove fuel rails and injectoers and give them a good cleaning
Old 08-06-2012, 08:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

checked all injector harnesses,all tight and secure even checked the resistance af all, all good the p0200 only happens after a shutter in first or second gear, can feel it missing slightly.
if the injector cleaner dosent work ill have to remove fuel rails and injectoers and give them a good cleaning
P0200 is an electrical problem in either the injector or ignition coil circuit for one or both banks.
Old 08-09-2012, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

I am having the same exact problem. I also purchased my NGKTR55 plugs and MSD wires from Nasty Performance.

I am also getting flashing SES and code p0300. It will not tell me which cylinder is misfiring, just says multiple randoms when I have the code scanned. One p0300, another "pending" p0300

If you figure it out, check my thread I made-- exact same issue, same plugs/wires.
Old 09-16-2012, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by xxKennyDxx
I am having the same exact problem. I also purchased my NGKTR55 plugs and MSD wires from Nasty Performance.

I am also getting flashing SES and code p0300. It will not tell me which cylinder is misfiring, just says multiple randoms when I have the code scanned. One p0300, another "pending" p0300

If you figure it out, check my thread I made-- exact same issue, same plugs/wires.
same here on the purchase, i'm just getting a p0200 on my aerforce interceptor though....not drawing any other codes. ohm'd all my injectors, check all the connections, randomly tested some plug wires, cleaned all my grounds(this has worked in the past, or adding another one)...but still to no avail this time. checked all my ecu connections and wires, couldn't find any bare ones......i'm lost..haha

Quick Reply: Plug change now flashing ses