Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mail order tune from NoGo ...vs....Predator

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mail order tune from NoGo ...vs....Predator

Which one do you think i would be better off with. i just installed a TR224/112 lsa cam and I'm about to install pacesetters LT. My car needs a tune but i'm not sure of the best route to go? Both are about the same price. I've heard alot of good stuff about NoGo, but i was thinking of getting the Predator so i could change stuff down the road. I know NOTHING about tuning but i'm willing to learn. Could i probably get more hp from a NoGo tune?Any help would be great!!!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

You could always purchase edit and go with tuning through the email.

I run this with alot of people and it works out well.

I charge $120 to cut files through the email. This includes as many files as it takes to get it right as well as any tuning help that you may need to do your own tune.
Alot of people seem to like this setup, being you get a good tune to start from and can make your own changes down the road once you get a handle on the tuning.
Old 04-21-2004, 11:09 AM
STF veteran / 10 second club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NoGo without a doubt.

I had a predator for awhile and I didn't like it. The guys at eastside know what they are doing and you will get a far better tune there then you could ever dream of with the predator. There is no question/comparision in my mind.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99greenZ28
Which one do you think i would be better off with. i just installed a TR224/112 lsa cam and I'm about to install pacesetters LT. My car needs a tune but i'm not sure of the best route to go? Both are about the same price. I've heard alot of good stuff about NoGo, but i was thinking of getting the Predator so i could change stuff down the road. I know NOTHING about tuning but i'm willing to learn. Could i probably get more hp from a NoGo tune?Any help would be great!!!
***NoGo - hands down, no question. I would do the LS1Edit option he offered.

joel
Old 04-21-2004, 01:56 PM
On The Tree

Thunder Racing does custom predator tunes via email as well, and really, what is the difference? A good tune, is a good tune regardless of how it gets flashed to your PCM. Edit, HPtuners and the like are just software that hack into proprietary GM code (I doubt these guys have GM's official blessing or access to GM computer labs). The only physical difference I can see is the electronic hardware to interface with the diagnostics port on the car.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by furiouSS99
Thunder Racing does custom predator tunes via email as well, and really, what is the difference? A good tune, is a good tune regardless of how it gets flashed to your PCM. Edit, HPtuners and the like are just software that hack into proprietary GM code (I doubt these guys have GM's official blessing or access to GM computer labs). The only physical difference I can see is the electronic hardware to interface with the diagnostics port on the car.
Do you have any idea the number of paramaters involved in a "good" tune??
My money is on NoGo.

joel
Old 04-21-2004, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bink
Do you have any idea the number of paramaters involved in a "good" tune??
My money is on NoGo.

joel
Do you? I bet its 666 right? The first 2 have something to do with fuel and spark and the other 664 are related to, hmmm, lets see-fuel and spark! How it all comes together isn't magic, it's science-and there's more than one mad scientist out there. How a tune gets into your car is irrelevant. Remove head from ***, then read posts.

P.S. I couldn't find a smilie icon taking its head out of another smilies ***.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:11 PM

So the predator has the ability to adjust everything that LS1 edit does? Well, that is news to me. The one I owned I only saw around 7-8 different things .... a/f, timing, rev limiter, speedo correction, shift points/firmness for an auto, and speed limiter.

I charge $120 to cut files through the email. This includes as many files as it takes to get it right as well as any tuning help that you may need to do your own tune.
Alot of people seem to like this setup, being you get a good tune to start from and can make your own changes down the road once you get a handle on the tuning.
Go with this option, period.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:14 PM
8 second mod

FUR, you seem mad? the fu in your screen name is right.
man, anyway, to answer your question their is a diffrence. one is a good tune, and one is a great tune.
NoGo would be your best bet, and he wont back out on you, he stays with you till it is right. cant go wrong with him.
im lucky, he's about 3 hours from me so he gets to work his little keyboard magic!
good luck man
ps, becarefull listening to a guy with less mods them my little motor scooter i ride around the track with! listen to people that have been around.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:10 PM

ps, becarefull listening to a guy with less mods them my little motor scooter i ride around the track with! listen to people that have been around.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Old 04-21-2004, 04:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NoGo
You could always purchase edit and go with tuning through the email.

I run this with alot of people and it works out well.

damn if i had known that option was out there i wouldve just gone that route you guys were too far to drive to without a tune so i just went semi local and now have a locked pcm... oh well
Old 04-21-2004, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

I'm not mad, I'm pretty easy going and relaxed actually. I also know there's more than one tuner working out there...the original thread starter just wanted some opinions about tuning options, hell man-he bought a TR cam, who knows their cams better than them?

"listen to people that have been around." -is that an order capt.Noyzee?
Old 04-21-2004, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude you're joking right? The question is not who made the cam, but who can give you the best tune and support after you have said tune. That question is an easy answer NoGo I am sure everyone will agree that the man who knows the ins and outs of tuning the LS1 PCM is NoGo. I too have gone to other places for mail order tuning(one of those places was suppose to be great at tuning..lol), and I will say I will be staying with kevin because he found out what was wrong with my old tune(which wasn't his) and even followed up by sending me PM's to see how the car is running. No one else did this or even let me know what they changed, Kevin gave me a detailed list of what he did and what else I should do to get the most out of the car.
To the dude who posted orginally
If you can't do the tuning yourself go to with Kevin, that's what I did.
J
Old 04-21-2004, 05:25 PM
Teching In

I figured NoGo would be my best route! I appreciate the help. How much would LS1edit cost and what else do i need?
Old 04-21-2004, 05:48 PM
Teching In

I've been lokking at HP tuners and it looks like a better product and a better deal since it includes a scan tool.(Money is a big factor.)Does NoGo offer tuning from an HP tuner instead of ls1edit?
Old 04-21-2004, 06:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99greenZ28
I've been lokking at HP tuners and it looks like a better product and a better deal since it includes a scan tool.(Money is a big factor.)Does NoGo offer tuning from an HP tuner instead of ls1edit?
99greenZ28 - Email NoGo about Hp Tuner use - I don't know if he has their software.

furiouSS99 - Do an advanced search for all posts by anyone from Thunder Racing in the PCM section. Then do the same for NoGo. Thunder may be an unkown god of tuning - but we wouldn't know it... would we?
We know NoGo is a god of tuning....anyone who's been around awhile knows NoGo is THE MAN .
There is a lot more to tuning than fuel and spark. The guys around here expect more, from a tune, than leveling their AFR and bumping timing @ WOT.
Go to the bottom of this page and click on "Archive". Under "Power Development" click on "PCM Diagnostics and Tuning". It's a complete archive of this forum from inception. Start reading at #8500 and move forward - you'll learn alot.

joel

Last edited by Bink; 04-21-2004 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-22-2004, 01:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

now if only nogo can write predator software? that would be a pimpin monopoly!
Old 04-23-2004, 10:32 AM
8 second mod

FU, yes that is an order! your royal pain in the ***!
I'll put it this way, if NoGo can tune my car, he can tune anything!
Like i said this fu guy has a car with a tune and a couple bolt ons with 80 posts. notice he took out his sig!
believe me and people who know their is a big difference in tuners. spend the money once it saves in the long run! believe me, been there done that.
frc fed is looking at a 1000 mile drive for a NOGO tune, that says somthing.
even if you dont go nogo, go ls1edit. its worth it.
Thunder, is a great shop with great products, but like stated, we dont here much about there tuning.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:57 PM
On The Tree

wow, now look who's mad....moderator asked me to remove my animated sig pic, ok with you captain?

oh yeah, what makes you think I only have one car...just cuz I dont have a laundry list of parts in my sig is no indication of what I know or don't know
Old 04-23-2004, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by furiouSS99
wow, now look who's mad....moderator asked me to remove my animated sig pic, ok with you captain?

oh yeah, what makes you think I only have one car...just cuz I dont have a laundry list of parts in my sig is no indication of what I know or don't know
You may be right .... but a) we can tell what you know by what you post and b) nobody would cares anyways.