Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

evap system won't reset

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:42 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default evap system won't reset

I had some codes that I fixed and now after a 1000 miles my evap system still has not reset anyone have any ideas? All of the other readiness monitors are reset and no codes.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:24 AM
On The Tree

only thing i can tell you is that evap is the hardest to reset. requires cold starts and corect conditions.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:14 PM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sicksspeed
only thing i can tell you is that evap is the hardest to reset. requires cold starts and corect conditions.
Yes, and the Corvettes seem to be the worst. Cold start temps, at what steady MPH it is driven and how long that has to be one since a cold start in the temp range they specified, etc. I had to change the conditions for the test to run so we could get one customer's vehicle through the smog lab in AZ. Been a week since the battery was hooked back up and it was driven over 1000 miles to get there, and still had not run that test. We got it to run finally. The vehicle has to be submitted for testing with the tests run and the flags set to Pass. Then they clear them before putting it on the rollers, and has to run and pass most of them all over again. About everybody has trouble getting the Corvettes to pass EVAP for some reason. GM set some strange conditions for the test to even run. I didn't change what it took to pass, just what would get it to run the test.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the info I guess I will just see what happens. Since my car is a 98 here in texas I only have to have 6 out 8 ready and I have 7. Glad I'm not in a tougher state.

Quick Reply: evap system won't reset