Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Banish DVD data review?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Banish DVD data review?

I have a set of those 30# red skinny injectors, and I'd like to actually tune them the real way since I have the car just hacked into running now. Has anyone used the data/instructions from the Banish DVD with these? Did it "just work"?

I tried using the Ford -> GM data spreadsheet I found, but that didn't seem to work and I just had to adjust the flow table to get sane LTFTs. I also wrote my own, and came up with different numbers that also didn't quite work. I'm hoping Greg's data is from actual measurements at LS1 pressure and not just the Ford data extrapolated the same way...
Old 03-23-2015, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

My data was mathematically derived. It is based on Ford's own very reliable data from the flow lab. I seriously doubt you will get higher quality data anywhere else.

If after entering correct data in for your injectors you still have fuel delivery errors, it is very likely that you must still refine your airflow models (VE and MAF tables). I typically calibrate using a high quality wideband with the car locked in open loop. Narrowband O2s are just not as accurate and can drift with age/poisoning. Besides, if you get that part right, you will almost always see very small numbers in the LTFTs once you return to closed loop.
Old 03-31-2015, 02:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Natesully
I have a set of those 30# red skinny injectors, and I'd like to actually tune them the real way since I have the car just hacked into running now. Has anyone used the data/instructions from the Banish DVD with these? Did it "just work"?

I tried using the Ford -> GM data spreadsheet I found, but that didn't seem to work and I just had to adjust the flow table to get sane LTFTs. I also wrote my own, and came up with different numbers that also didn't quite work. I'm hoping Greg's data is from actual measurements at LS1 pressure and not just the Ford data extrapolated the same way...
other than that. how is the dvd is it worth the buy.. im looking forward to it.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:58 AM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

Greg Banish has two books too - Engine Management Advanced Tuning (SA135) and Designing and Tuning High Performance Fuel Injection Systems (SA161).
I would suggest those books whether or not you buy the DVD.

Another good book is "Master EFI Tuner GM EFI" by Dan Maslic. However I read that the Second Edition might be out of print right now. Google it.

For those of you who have carefully watched the Branish DVD, how about some reviews and comments.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have watch the first dvd and now have the 2nd on order. I really liked the first one. I had done the take home course from the tuning school last year and thought Gregs was a lot better.

The one and only thing I was missing on the first dvd was wot tuning. I was left searching the chapter screen for that and its not on it. I was hoping for a little something on wot tuning. I think thats where the 2nd dvd goes, hopfully.

Guy seems very intellegent and I trust what he is saying to do is correct. So many opinions out there.
Old 04-02-2015, 09:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 195 Likes on 162 Posts

I have the first dvd also. If you don't have HPT, or have any kind of handle on tuning, watching it will just kind of leave you scratching your head, but knowing that just a cold air kit on a TBSS leaves it pretty lean. LOL

Seriously though, once you get into it, and follow along, it gets you going. I now have 4 books, the first dvd, and the second also on order. After the tuning disaster I had with my local "professional tuner" I wish I would have just bought it, and started from the get go. It's amazing that a tuner of 15 years, tuned my MAF like ****. Truck got 12mpgs. Followed the video, with some help, and now it's running better, and getting ~20+ depending on the driver, and still needs work on the tune.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rpturbo
I have the first dvd also. If you don't have HPT, or have any kind of handle on tuning, watching it will just kind of leave you scratching your head, but knowing that just a cold air kit on a TBSS leaves it pretty lean. LOL

Seriously though, once you get into it, and follow along, it gets you going. I now have 4 books, the first dvd, and the second also on order. After the tuning disaster I had with my local "professional tuner" I wish I would have just bought it, and started from the get go. It's amazing that a tuner of 15 years, tuned my MAF like ****. Truck got 12mpgs. Followed the video, with some help, and now it's running better, and getting ~20+ depending on the driver, and still needs work on the tune.
nice.. let me know if you are willing to sell any of the tuning books & dvd's.
Old 05-01-2015, 03:27 PM
On The Tree

I used gregs data for 80lb siemens, gregs a very smart dude, but i just couldnt get my injectors to work with his data,

Quick Reply: Banish DVD data review?