Old 05-17-2015, 07:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any trusted tuners in okc area?

Looking for a good tuner in okc area.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

There are a bunch of people who try to tune in OKC. Not too many who I haven't seen their work. Only 2 I would recommend. Cant say here because they are not sponsors. Be careful who you pick.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:32 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I went to XP Racing. I think his name was Brett? I think they did a good job on my car. It's the only dyno tuning I have ever had done to a car so I can't say they were great or terrible. However, they were nice to deal with. I thought the price was a little high but again I don't know for sure. I'm sure the care could do better. I would have like to have maintained better fuel mileage after it was all said and done but again, I can't say if that was possible because I haven't dealt with anyone else to show me otherwise. I'm sure someone could tune it better but I know it could have definitely been worse.

Would I use them again. Probably, unless someone else local spoke up and offered to show me what all they had done wrong and how they could make it better.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I had my car tuned at XP way back when it was a TR230/224 cam and bolt on car. The tune he did definitely picked up some power over my mail order tune and the drivability got a little better but was still finicky. I think part of this was due to the old school Fast 90mm tb I eventually got rid of because even after hours and hours on my next heads/cam setup I couldn't get it to idle right cold. New TB made tuning idle cake.

I did not care for his transmission tune at all...I already had EFI Live so I just adjusted that myself. With his the car felt like it rushed through the gears and wasn't as responsive to downshifts as I wanted.

He was also very helpful after the car busted a driveshaft at WOT on his dyno...helped me find a new transmission core (case busted in 3 places) locally and made arrangements to be at the shop late so I could get a uhaul trailer.

I've never really looked back at his tune to see if anything looked poor compared to the ones I've made for my newer setups since then.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Heck you can have Big Chief himself from the Street Outlaws show tune your car here in OKC if you want. This is the 405.
Old 05-18-2015, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Heck you can have Big Chief himself from the Street Outlaws show tune your car here in OKC if you want. This is the 405.
Do you still do tuning over there too? I hadn't heard about you until in between my sessions at XP I believe...and he had already done the work I just had to go back to get it finished and pay him so I was already obligated.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
I'm guessing that was sarcasm? I remember a big pissing contest a while back between several OK tuners. I'm not in the circle well enough to know who all the players, shops, and screen names are though.

I don't have a horse in the race but I do try to stay current on the drama
Old 05-22-2015, 01:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
I'm guessing that was sarcasm? I remember a big pissing contest a while back between several OK tuners. I'm not in the circle well enough to know who all the players, shops, and screen names are though.

I don't have a horse in the race but I do try to stay current on the drama
Not sarcasm. Big Chief tunes at his shop.

Quick Reply: Any trusted tuners in okc area?