Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hp tuner LS1 edit list?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 11:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hp tuner LS1 edit list?

Can some one make me a list of stuff that one will change that the other will not on a 98 model. Thanks for the help.
Old 07-26-2004, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

I also have a 98Z.I have found that the HPP3 is good only for shift rpm,shift points,gear ratio swaps.The Predetor only works on 99-02 as does the Superchips tuner.I finally went with LS1 Edit.This is the only tuner for such things as cam swaps,timing changes,fuel curves,trans calibration,etc.Another thing I had to find out the hard way,the coolant temp sensor for the 98 is year specific(different shape than the 99 and newer)making it dealer only item.Hope that helps ya out. BTW:Check out Carputing.com for LS1 Edit
Old 07-26-2004, 08:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HPP3 is different than HP Tuners HP Tuners = LS1 Edit on Steroids Unfortuanetly I do not know what features HP Tuners has that may be different from LS1 Edit...

HP Tuners is the way to go though... not vin locked, PCM recovery (I killed a PCM using LS1 Edit, cost me 50 bux to have my PCM reflashed and 150 for a spare PCM in case it happened again at the track) built in (HP Tuners will not kill your PCM), it has a resale value (if you sell your car you can sell your cable and software to someone w/the same year and make car), and HP Tuners comes with some really sweet scanning software (better and faster than Autotap , lets you reset your LTRIMS and lets you view the Readiness tests... same tests emissions places that use ODBII look at)
Old 07-29-2004, 02:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Bryan,

You can press F1 at any time with our software to receive help. We have an advanced help file system that continuous to grow. It does tell you how to use our product. It does not tell you how to reach your golden tune. If you or anyone else would like to help us write a manual that includes steps on how to achieve a perfect tune we'd be glad to include it in our help files. The problem is every car has different steps required.

We do answer our e-mails very promptly and go out of our way to satisfy our customers.

- Keith, HP Tuners.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Keith, Ken, and Chris are very prompt in answering e-mails and checking their own Forum where their help, and the help of others, is a few mouse clicks away.

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/YaBB.pl

Their service, along with a superior product, is why their business is growing rapidly and they have become the "gotta have it" tuning package for all Gen 3 smallblock GM motors (not just LS1/LS6).

Originally Posted by bryan wilkinson
The data recording is nice, but that is not a benefit. It is a convienence.
Huh??? Data recording is almost a necessity. How many people can tune with Edit and without Autotap? That's like stumbling around in the dark. You might hit something that works but without knowing where you are each step of the way, you're never going to get to where you want to go. You need some sort of feedback mechanism to determine what to change and by how much. Scanning and logging provide that feedback path. You just have to know what to do with the info they provide.

-Matt
(one happy HP Tuner user)
Old 07-29-2004, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bryan Wilkinson
not to be stupid here, but if do not know what the difference is between the two editing software packages, how do you know that HP Tuners = LS1 Edit on Steriods.
I do not know the differences between 98 HP Tuners and 98 LS1 Edit... I do however own LS1 Edit and I do own HP Tuners... there's no comparison between the two... HP Tuners is just a better product
Old 07-29-2004, 03:33 PM
FormerVendor

not to be stupid here, but if do not know what the difference is between the two editing software packages, how do you know that HP Tuners = LS1 Edit on Steriods.

Warranty = Useless
If company cant sell a product that doesnt work, why bother
Resaleable = Usless
I am not interested in tuning my car to sell it

Horist,

This is by no means directed at you, but directed at the **** poor customer service by the LS1 Edit company and HP Tuners and probably EFI Live.

The point of the question is what features does LS1 Edit have or not have compared to Hp tuners. Anything else is not important. Either you have access to the Entire ECM data table or you don't. If you don't then you are the lesser product. The data recording is nice, but that is not a benefit. It is a convienence.

HP Tuners and LS1 Edit both neither have any contact information other than email. So much for the nice customer service. If I am having a problem I have to result to asking people on the forum that may or may not have no clue, or emailing the company and hoping that they will return my email in a timely manner. Neither one of the companies have any directions, or assistant with using their product. If you are selling a tuning product you would think that you would know how to use the application and that someone would offer a set of instructions on how to tune a car. There is no reason that this can't be an exact science. Regardless of what has been installed, there should be one set of steps to follow to get to the same end point which is a tuned car.

Sorry for the soap

This whole post is bullshit. Plenty of people will tell you that TUners has a great response time on questions that are emailed to them or asked on their forum. I dont think you have any idea of the customer service that Tuners and Efilive have. Edit sucked plain and simple. Fry a few PCM's and you willget a quick answer as to how fast they will take your 200.00 to add another license to the cable. I have all three and feel I am qualified to speak on which is the better product. Most excuse me all of the **** you typed about HPTuners is FALSE and before you jump on anyone else for what you feel is speading misinformation you need to be more informed yourself. Magnus (HPTuners developer/salesperson) is active both here and on his own forum. Gameover is also both active here and ontheir forums. If you dont feel this is accurate feel free to do a search and it will show you in black and white.

Have you seen Ken or Dave post on this forum about their product since inception? Are they even a sponsor of the board. Edit is inferior. Their support consisits of an email list. You make the descision. Matter of fact do a search on this forum of the two products and the difference will clearly be speeled out for you.

[rantoff]
Old 07-29-2004, 03:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by horist
I do not know the differences between 98 HP Tuners and 98 LS1 Edit... I do however own LS1 Edit and I do own HP Tuners... there's no comparison between the two... HP Tuners is just a better product

That was the answer I was looking for. I wanted to make sure all of the options in the 02 version are there. IE

Disable /Reset Codes
All of the tables
All of the features excluding logging.

Yeas logging is very important, but users of LS1 Edit can just use Tech2 or EFILive or Autotap. No they cant use it at the same time, I understand that and that is indeed a feature. Just wanted to make sure that I am buying the right package. That is all.
Old 07-29-2004, 03:59 PM
FormerVendor

Keith,

I need to order your software. I have a 2002 Trans Am, but my original computer had a problem and had to be replaced. I went to the dealership and ordered another 2002 Trans Am computer for my car. So would I assume correctly that I need to order your software for a 2002 Trans Am. Are there any part numbers on the computer to confirm which version that I need to purchase, so that I do not order the wrong thing, because your company would not switch it if I did order the wrong thing.
You will need to order a 2002 software suite. the dealer used you vin to flash and update the new pcm with 2002 files and calibrations you will be ok

What makes this whole thing difficult is that I have to go through all of this email just to order a $500 product. I also would like to know if I spend the $99.00 to get the 1 year worth of upgrades does that inlcude the Wide Band upgrade when it comes out or is that extra. If that is the case, what is the 1 year worth of upgrades for.
No it includes updates to the software after the 6 month period. The WB cable will prolly be an additional cost if it doesnt come with the package by then

I also would like to know Does the version that you are selling that you call standard have the scanning tool, Fan on and off and tuning capability for open and closed loop or is that something else.

This is not clearly stated on your website. I have asked this question twice now and have still not gotten an answer.
A quick search around here wouldve answered this. But i will help you out and say yes you have full control over the pcm calibrations. Fans, fuel spark, speedo adn the list goes on. Also it does come with a scanner. What website were you looking at? Their site lists all this stuff in plain text

There are amny satified HPTuners customers on this site. A little more time with the search feature wouldve answered all your questions. Seems like you havent done to much reading of their site but yet you are quick to throw stones at them. Everything you asked in this post and the previous wouldve/coudlve been answered by the site or all the patrons that currently have and are running the program. Since inception it is my understanding the toll came with a scanner. That is what sold a lot of people on buying the product and many other featres liek being able to flash in 27 seconds.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:20 PM
FormerVendor

No assumptions here, here is there user manual that lays eveything out

http://www.hptuners.com/pub/VCM%20Suite.chm

and here is the link i got it from

http://www.hptuners.com/products.html
Old 07-29-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

live dealer support is nice

anybody offer that service yet for the ls1/genIII community?

Ryan
Old 07-29-2004, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Well....
Blah blah blah...

:hitting mute button:
Old 07-29-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
No assumptions here, here is there user manual that lays eveything out

http://www.hptuners.com/pub/VCM%20Suite.chm

and here is the link i got it from

http://www.hptuners.com/products.html
I must have skipped right over this, I downloaded it and found it to be very informative and well written.

Thank you very much.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Another_User
Blah blah blah...

:hitting mute button:
Hey Blah Blah, I dont recall asking you.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

1. Is the scanner included or not? If it is then what is Chris talking about for $99.00
2. Are the features listed under the plus section on your website included in the $499 version of your software.
3. What am I paying $99.00 for 1 year worth of updates for if the Wide Band update and scanner update that Chris is talking about is not included in that $99.00. The whole point of paying in advance for software updates is that when the updates come out they are free to customers that have paid the update price in advance. As a software engineer I do know something about that.
Would those updates be included or not?
1. Includes basic scanner, however I believe they will be offering a better "pro" scanner that has more features built into it. But the scanner it comes with is still great, logs fast, and is easy to use.
2. the Plus is not included... that is the upgrade package for the scanner I believe, it will contain more features than the standalone
3. The reason the wideband isn't included in the 99 dollar purchase is because that is a hardware upgrade. the 99 for an additional year covers new featuers implemented software level. They will always provide bug fixes free of charge, but new features are part of that 1 year (first 6 months free, then 1 year after that if you pay to do so)...

few examples of recent updates
ability to reset fuel trims
ability to see readiness tests pass/fail
... keith and the guys at HPT are constantly improving the software

oh and Humpin isn't an employee or owner of HPT ... he's just an enthusiastic customer like myself
Old 07-29-2004, 04:58 PM
FormerVendor

1. Is the scanner included or not? If it is then what is Chris talking about for $99.00
2. Are the features listed under the plus section on your website included in the $499 version of your software.
3. What am I paying $99.00 for 1 year worth of updates for if the Wide Band update and scanner update that Chris is talking about is not included in that $99.00. The whole point of paying in advance for software updates is that when the updates come out they are free to customers that have paid the update price in advance. As a software engineer I do know something about that.
Would those updates be included or not?
I dont work for them I am just a customer

1. Yes a scanner is include (basic) that allows you to log 24 PIDs. 99.00 for the scanner plus seems to be some sort of bidirectional contol over the pcm allowing you to do CASE and other functions. The basic scanner will allow you to reset your fuel trims. The basic scanner is iuncluded in the 499.00

2. The scanner (basic), flash tool and editior is included for 499.00

3. You are paying 99.00 for upgrades for an additional year. You get the first 6 months free. They release software updates every so often and after the 6 month period you arent entitled to anymore updates unless you pay for them. The 99.00 for upgrade are for software upgrades only, harware upgrades (cable) will be at additional costs to you. The wideband software nor hardware is released yet it is still in a beta testing phase.

Hope this squares you away
Old 07-29-2004, 05:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by horist
1. Includes basic scanner, however I believe they will be offering a better "pro" scanner that has more features built into it. But the scanner it comes with is still great, logs fast, and is easy to use.
2. the Plus is not included... that is the upgrade package for the scanner I believe, it will contain more features than the standalone
3. The reason the wideband isn't included in the 99 dollar purchase is because that is a hardware upgrade. the 99 for an additional year covers new featuers implemented software level. They will always provide bug fixes free of charge, but new features are part of that 1 year (first 6 months free, then 1 year after that if you pay to do so)...

few examples of recent updates
ability to reset fuel trims
ability to see readiness tests pass/fail
... keith and the guys at HPT are constantly improving the software

oh and Humpin isn't an employee or owner of HPT ... he's just an enthusiastic customer like myself

Thank you very much for the information.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
I dont work for them I am just a customer

1. Yes a scanner is include (basic) that allows you to log 24 PIDs. 99.00 for the scanner plus seems to be some sort of bidirectional contol over the pcm allowing you to do CASE and other functions. The basic scanner will allow you to reset your fuel trims. The basic scanner is iuncluded in the 499.00

2. The scanner (basic), flash tool and editior is included for 499.00

3. You are paying 99.00 for upgrades for an additional year. You get the first 6 months free. They release software updates every so often and after the 6 month period you arent entitled to anymore updates unless you pay for them. The 99.00 for upgrade are for software upgrades only, harware upgrades (cable) will be at additional costs to you. The wideband software nor hardware is released yet it is still in a beta testing phase.

Hope this squares you away

Again thank you very much, it means a lot.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Magnus
Bryan,

You can press F1 at any time with our software to receive help. We have an advanced help file system that continuous to grow. It does tell you how to use our product. It does not tell you how to reach your golden tune. If you or anyone else would like to help us write a manual that includes steps on how to achieve a perfect tune we'd be glad to include it in our help files. The problem is every car has different steps required.

We do answer our e-mails very promptly and go out of our way to satisfy our customers.

- Keith, HP Tuners.
Keith, I had the opprotunity to speak with Mike this evening and he cleared everything up and answered all of my questions. He was extremely helpful. I will be buying your software because of him.

Thanks Mike,

Quick Reply: Hp tuner LS1 edit list?