PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clutch switch cancel code thrown...cannot use cruise control..

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 02:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default clutch switch cancel code thrown...cannot use cruise control..

i havent been able to use the cruise since i got this car...i am also throwing a clutch switch cancel code?? wondering if there is a relation between the two?? also where is the switch and how should i replace it? does that control the skip shift feature also though? i dont want that can you tune that out with hptuners? anyway sorry for so many questions.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:04 PM
FormerVendor

When the clutch is disengaged and cruise control is active, cruise control stops so yes they are prolly related. THe switch is at the top of the clutch pedal. You have to lay down on your back and look up into the dash or feel around for it
Old 12-06-2004, 08:20 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by fozziejared
i havent been able to use the cruise since i got this car...i am also throwing a clutch switch cancel code?? wondering if there is a relation between the two?? also where is the switch and how should i replace it? does that control the skip shift feature also though? i dont want that can you tune that out with hptuners? anyway sorry for so many questions.

I had the exact problem with my car. I had to replace the switch and it was only like 10-15.00 at the dealer. Make sure you get the collar that the switch screws into. It is only a dollar or so and it will be easier to replace if you don't have to reuse your old one if it is not cracked or broken already. You could just check to see if your harness is tight on the switch and the switch is screwed down far enough for the clutch pedal to engage it.
Old 12-07-2004, 11:28 PM
Launching!

but would it be throwing a code for something that simple??? also i got under the car and there is a plug/harness that is glued shut and a plug on the side of the case that is not being used??? is that the skip shift removal though?? thanks for your help guys.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Launching!

still having same problem...fixed the clutch switch why is it doing this to me?
Old 12-15-2004, 01:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I was getting the clutch switch code and lost the cruize as well some time ago. Changed the clutch switch, no more code. But, cruize was still out. It ended up being the actual cruize control box (dead). It was just a coinsidense...You may want to look into that if you haven't already.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:11 PM
Launching!

ttt...anymore ideas anyone?
Old 12-29-2004, 11:10 AM
TECH Resident

my cruise doesnt work either. i did whne i bought the car.. hasnt for about 8 mouths now.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

They are prone to fail... Just get a used replacement main box, and you should be set.