Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crap load of codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 12:20 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crap load of codes

I figured out how to find them on the HPTuner and got these.

P0121- TP Sensor Circuit Insufficient Activity (Old)(Inmature)
P0154- HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor (Old)(Inmature)
P0300- Engine Misfire Detected (SES) (Old)(History)(current)(inmature)
P0801- Reverse Inhibit Control Circuit Malfunction (old)(history)(current)(inmature)
P1153- HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1 (old)(current)(inmature)

I have no clue what they mean or how to fix the problems. I feel like a PITA for asking all these questions but its like reading French to me.

thanks all
Old 05-11-2005, 05:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
I figured out how to find them on the HPTuner and got these.

P0121- TP Sensor Circuit Insufficient Activity (Old)(Inmature)
P0154- HO2S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor (Old)(Inmature)
P0300- Engine Misfire Detected (SES) (Old)(History)(current)(inmature)
P0801- Reverse Inhibit Control Circuit Malfunction (old)(history)(current)(inmature)
P1153- HO2S Insufficient Switching Bank 2 Sensor 1 (old)(current)(inmature)

I have no clue what they mean or how to fix the problems. I feel like a PITA for asking all these questions but its like reading French to me.

thanks all
1.You probably want to raise your idle misfire value tables with that cam. Refer here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/pcm-diagnostics-tuning/297430-how-high-should-i-raise-misfire-values.html

2. Go to engine diagnostics menu and remove the codes for your rear O2 sensors if you have removed them.

3. Looking at the TPS code. Have you raised your throttle body set screw at all to improve idle? If so I probably have a fix for you. Send me a PM
Old 05-11-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

can you post a log of normal driving? those Bank 2 sensor 1 codes indicate that there's a problem w/your O2 sensor... you don't want to disble those codes

Having a bad O2 will put you into open loop speed density (so you're probably noticing **** poor gas mileage right now?)
Old 05-11-2005, 11:04 AM
TECH Resident

Oops, sorry I never looked to see if the O2 code was for the front or rear. Yeah, dont delete those bad boys!
Old 05-11-2005, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks guys for the replies. I have O2 sims on there, dunno if that matters. I was wondering if my EGR has anything to do with it. I posted my problem on Monday. My car struggles to go but when I floor it, it like kicks in and takes off. But at low RPMs it kinda sputters. It would happen to me the day my Tuner comes in. Oh and Mike...because of the way my car has been running I haven't logged it yet. Gonna rip out my air and EGR today.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Y2K SS
Thanks guys for the replies. I have O2 sims on there, dunno if that matters. I was wondering if my EGR has anything to do with it. I posted my problem on Monday. My car struggles to go but when I floor it, it like kicks in and takes off. But at low RPMs it kinda sputters. It would happen to me the day my Tuner comes in. Oh and Mike...because of the way my car has been running I haven't logged it yet. Gonna rip out my air and EGR today.
The O2 simms are on the back sensors right?

The codes you're setting are for the front sensors (bank 1 = driver side, bank2 = passenger, sensor 1 = pre cat, sensor 2 = post cat)

the front O2 sensors are required in order to maintain closed loop operation (the car tries to maintain 14.7:1 air fuel ratio).

Do you have headers? and an O2 extension perhaps? some people have problems w/the O2 extensions causing heater codes ... usual fix is to use a DENSO or BOSCH rear 02 vette O2 sensor (longer wire)
Old 05-11-2005, 11:59 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah I have Long Tube headers. So your saying to go get some rear 02 Vette sensors and put them on the fronts?? Could my EGR have anything to do with it???
Old 05-11-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

let's get some logs before spending money if you need them hosted, I can do that mike at horist dot com

I would clear the codes and see if they come back , if they do then it's probably a bad O2 sensor (since EGR is on the passenger side, it won't affect the driver side O2 sensor)
Old 05-11-2005, 03:30 PM
12 Second Club

We;; I'm ripping out and fabing my block off plates for my egr and air as we speak. So if its still messed up I'll make some logs and send them to you. Is Bank 2 is drivers side?? Sensor 1 I take it is driver side. Hey Mike you got some fund set up...you really need a donation site. I'm sure a ton of us would be more than willing to contribute for your time.

thanks
Old 05-11-2005, 03:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

oh wow... my bad... yes Bank 2 is passenger side... dunno why I was thinking driver side.

So in that case a leaking EGR could cause problems. still need a scan to tell though (a leaking EGR fitting would cause the car to dump tons of fuel in for the passenger side cylinders since it's seeing unburned oxygen)

As for fund, none setup Not that I'd turn down people giving me money heh, but I do this just to help out other enthusiasts when I can
Old 05-11-2005, 04:31 PM
12 Second Club

thank god... For a minute there I wasn't sure if you made a mistake. Thanks. Well I'll let you know soon as I finish fabricating this damn aluminum block offs.