Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plx Wideband. Opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Plx Wideband. Opinions needed

Just bought HPtuners and was curious to see if anyone here uses or has ever used a PLX wideband. I am going to buy a wideband soon, but not until I have the money in hand, that is why I'm not going with any of the ones currently on sale.

Last edited by Hot Karl; 07-26-2005 at 05:30 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:48 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

Ive fitted the PLX M-300 to a few cars. Works good for me. Nice unit, simple, no frills....

Though I am tempted by their R-500 model.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:28 PM
On The Tree

ttt...
Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been running a PLX-300 for almost a year ~12k miles. Good stuff. Accurate. No need to calibrate in air.

The only thing I wish it had was the ability to change sample time. In otherwords, it updates so fast that the 0.0X digit is almost worthless for viewing on the display. This doesnt effect logging with HPT.
Old 07-27-2005, 05:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SSpeedracer
Been running a PLX-300 for almost a year ~12k miles. Good stuff. Accurate. No need to calibrate in air.

The only thing I wish it had was the ability to change sample time. In otherwords, it updates so fast that the 0.0X digit is almost worthless for viewing on the display. This doesnt effect logging with HPT.
So are you saying that the display isn't accurate to be worth a crap? If so I might save some money and get one w/o the display if that is the case.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:01 PM
9 Second Club

He's saying its response time is very fast, and faster than he can see the changes.

I guess its like you buying a stopwatch that reads in 100th of a second. They are there, but you cant really see them.

And anyway, if you have the ability to tune your motor to 0.0x of an AFR point, then you are pretty damn good.

The PLX works, plain and simple.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

have it...used for about 10k...have it on hp tuners...and its a nice piece.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
He's saying its response time is very fast, and faster than he can see the changes.

I guess its like you buying a stopwatch that reads in 100th of a second. They are there, but you cant really see them.

And anyway, if you have the ability to tune your motor to 0.0x of an AFR point, then you are pretty damn good.

The PLX works, plain and simple.
Yes thanks for pointing that out. I missed that part in his response

Looks like I'll be purchasing a PLX unit pretty soon
Old 07-28-2005, 05:59 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Have you looked at the innovate LC-1? we have them on sale..
are you looking for a plx without display? we have that as well, one left on close-out!
pm us for info.
www.dynotunenitrous.com
Cheers
Dan
Old 07-28-2005, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, sorry if I wasnt clear. The plx is great and I'd do it again. I considered getting the non-display one and add the analog gauge. But decided to save my money. If you only use the w/b with HPT and never as a stand alone, then the display isn't necessary.

Want to add that the plx support was very helpful answering my questions using alternative stoichiometric fuels.
Old 07-28-2005, 02:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSpeedracer
Yeah, sorry if I wasnt clear. The plx is great and I'd do it again. I considered getting the non-display one and add the analog gauge. But decided to save my money. If you only use the w/b with HPT and never as a stand alone, then the display isn't necessary.

Want to add that the plx support was very helpful answering my questions using alternative stoichiometric fuels.

What's the benefit of having the analog display over digital readout?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:44 PM
9 Second Club

personal preference I imagine.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:25 PM
LS1 Tech Veteran

I've had the PLX M-300 for about a year, using it with EFI Live. It is a good piece of equipment, small and relatively simple to install. I like the digital readout and I leave it connected all the time, even when I'm not tuning. Originally, I had intended to use it only for tuning. However, I like to keep tabs on what's happening with the AFR kind of like the oil pressure now that I have it. I may get the analog dial and add it as I don't like the blinking digit effect of digital readouts.
In retrospect, I would buy the M-250 and add the analog gage if I had it to do over again.

Steve
Old 07-28-2005, 03:48 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Steve Bryant
I've had the PLX M-300 for about a year, using it with EFI Live. It is a good piece of equipment, small and relatively simple to install. I like the digital readout and I leave it connected all the time, even when I'm not tuning. Originally, I had intended to use it only for tuning. However, I like to keep tabs on what's happening with the AFR kind of like the oil pressure now that I have it. I may get the analog dial and add it as I don't like the blinking digit effect of digital readouts.
In retrospect, I would buy the M-250 and add the analog gage if I had it to do over again.

Steve
Where did you have your gauge mounted?