Sponsored by:

Need Help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 01:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help.

This was the best place I could find to ask this question. So here goes:

I recently did a cam install along with a few other bolton's. A hotcam, LS6 intake, ported TB, pulley, ported oil pump, 160* thermostat, also have headers with true duals on before I did this install. I'm pretty sure I did everything correct, but it was my first time. I drove it for two days untuned and I got it tuned last night. The guy that tuned it is very repsected and knows his stuff, he's John02SS on this board.

Anyways, on the way home I decided to get on it from a stop to see how she felt with the new tune. Felt good, after a little bit of driving I noticed my SES light was on. So I took it out of gear at about 70 and started coasting, my car died and I struggled it into a parking lot. It wouldn't start back up for a few minutes, finally got it running and started to move and the car shook horrible in the low rpms in every gear. Felt like something was messed up in the driveline.

Well I got the codes pulled today and they are as follows:

PO153 - Response time for O2 sensor 1 in bank 2 is too slow.
PO336 - Volatage signal from cranshaft postion sensor "A" is out of range for current engine operating conditions
PO123 - Input from TPS is higher than expected for current engine operating conditions
I also had a cylinder 2 misfire code.

My question is what would cause all the codes, my crappy idle and the really shaky running in low rpms? John suggested that my passenger side header had melted the bunlde of wires that runs real close and that that bundle contains the cranshaft postion sensor wire, the TPS wires and the 02 wires, but I've had my headers on for more than a month why would it happen right no after it had been tuned? PLease help as this is my only car and I need it badly. Thanks in advance.

Luke
Old 08-01-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bump. I'm without a car here guys. I need help.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Is the car still not starting?

what software do you have to work with?

Have you checked the wiring John asked you to check?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

The car will start, although through some effort. And it will stay running and drive, but low rpms are extremely rough. John tunes through HP tuners.

I looked at the wires from the top of the engine and they didn't look melted. I'm going under the car tomorrow to get a better view. Thanks

Luke
Old 08-01-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Junkie

just to eliminate the obvious, but is the coolant temp sensor plugged in (right next to the #1 primary)?

Sounds also like you need to replace the o2 sensors (bosche 13111 is a good start) and do a case relearn.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:28 PM
10 Second Club

Just check the wires as that sounds like a possiblity considering what sensors is throwing codes. Also pull #2 and see what the plug looks like and make sure the wire is firmly attached. If you need any help troubleshooting the codes just give me a call. I'll help ya track the problem down any way I can.

John
Old 08-01-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm spending most of my day tomorrow, I'l swap the plugs and check the wires, I hope it is that easy. The misfire might explain the bad shuddering at low speeds. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

I borrowed my g/f's family beater until I get this figure out so that takes alot of the pressure off.

Luke
Old 08-05-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Update

I swapped the #2 plug and all the wires. I replaced the 02 sensor and checked te car over for melted wires. I couldn't find ANY. Car starts fine and idles fine, although a little high, around 1500, but my tach is about 300 rpms off.

Revving the engine over 3000 rpms cause the speedometer to move (???) and the car to stutter and begin to stall. Driving, the car still shakes and shudders at low rpms.

I'm stumped now. I haven't gotten the codes pulled to see if any have disappeared. But what would cause all these codes, the speedometer to move when revving and cause my car to shudder horrible under low rpms??

Luke
Old 08-05-2005, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Have you done the case relearn?
Old 08-05-2005, 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you're talking about the crankshaft relearn procedure, then no, I'm afraid to drive the car to the dealer because of the shaking and poor running. from what I've read, those that throw po336 do not have show the problems that I do, which makes me think there is something else causing it.

If you're talking about the code clearing trick by pulling the fuses, then yes I have done that.

Luke
Old 08-05-2005, 11:20 AM
TECH Junkie

crankshaft relearn. not sure if it's in your budget, but efilive's scan tool gives you the ability to do that.

You could always have it towed to a dealer.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well I'm going to have John look it over on Sunday if possible to see what he can figure out. If we can't figure it out I'll tow it to the dealer and have the relearn done.

After that I'm going to have to pay some to fix it.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since John's got HP Tuners... he can also do the case relearn for you... it's in the scanner under VCM Controls
Old 08-06-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump.